aberdeen-music

MMw/Flood of Red at The Malt Mill Next Wednesday

mmw

am i one of the only ones who think Flood of Red are shite?

They are such a gimick band in my eyes, funeral for a friend and Lost Prophets do it far better and that says a lot. It seems like they just play the same 6-7 songs over and over during a set, everytime i see those guys i never get the feeling its about the music its just about who can do the fanciest jump or who can swing best from the lights for the night and getting the guys standing at the side of the stage to throw sticks towards the drummer so he can jump and catch them mid song is just gay. But then thats my opinion from the looks of things people actually enjoy that nonsence. You cant really fault them playing wise tho they are a solid band just playing music that we have all heard being done so much better for the past 3-4 years.

Weapon played solidly last night as well, haha the fancy moves on stage are getting more extreme everytime, think you guys are watching F.o.R too much :p

Flood of Red were very energetic and some of the music was not bad but I am not too keen on the singer's vocals in my honest opinion.

Weapon did do a good job was loving the "new" song(s).

Shotgun L.A were not too bad. Some parts were a bit quirky and loose but certainly have potential.

Malt Mill is ok as a venue but the sound was a bit shit especially for the mics.

Cheap drink for Students aswell...keeps me happy.

I love Flood of Red. Lots. Derivative does not mean shite, I'll admit they are although there are other bands I'd point to before FFAF or Lostprophets. I wouldn't say the energy onstage is fake or gimmicky, they just seem to be really enjoying themselves to me, which is the sort of thing you're usually all for Milner. Meh personal opinion. Like I said, I love them.

I suppose I am a gullible puppet type though.

Guest Page 99

Cool.

Now we can all listen to his turgid music, (insert preditable neolithic joke about bands in this gig thread).

Nice to see we can all do pointless reactionary posts, aye?