aberdeen-music

We're no boy band...

RicoAUBL

WE'RE NO BOY BAND

James Bourne is ready to leave his Busted days behind him as he sets out with Son of Dork

JAMES Bourne believes his new band Son Of Dork are even better than chart-toppers Busted and expects to put his former bandmate Charlie Simpson's Fightstar firmly in the shade.

The singer-songwriter behind Busted's smash hits What I Go To School For, Year 3000 and Crashed The Wedding, admits he still finds it hard to believe that Simpson quit Busted.

James and Matt Jay were at the height of their fame when Simpson said he was leaving because he hated the music.

James explained: 'Busted's split was all down to Charlie's decision to leave the group. He didn't want to be in the band any more and that's why it ended.

'I was very disappointed. He must have really hated it.

'I couldn't believe it. I thought there was no way he would leave and that I'd be able to talk him out of it, but I couldn't force him to stay. He had his heart set on doing his alternative rock thing so I had to leave him to it.

:nono:

http://www.sonofdorkonline.org/

and is it just me or does the blonde guy on the left look like that chick that was in America's Next Top Model... (if anyone saw it)

He is going straight into the big time as a DIRECT result of busted. No credibility. Shit band a la simple plan and new found glory.

New Found Glory's guitarist, Chad Gilbert, was in one of the metalcore scenes most influential bands, Shai Hulud. He sang for Hulud for a few years and writes almost all of New Found Glory's songs. He has cred. Therefore New Found Glory do. End of.

New Found Glory's guitarist' date=' Chad Gilbert, was in one of the metalcore scenes most influential bands, Shai Hulud. He sang for Hulud for a few years and writes almost all of New Found Glory's songs. He has cred. Therefore New Found Glory do. End of.[/quote']

I should let Ben speak for himself but I don't think he meant that NFG have no credibility. I think he just meant that Son of Dork are a shit band, like NFG are. You're probably away to overrule me though.

I should let Ben speak for himself but I don't think he meant that NFG have no credibility. I think he just meant that Son of Dork are a shit band' date=' like NFG are. You're probably away to overrule me though.[/quote']

I actually quite like NFG, they write catchy pop punk songs and Jordan's vocals stand out as his voice isn't like a million other vocalists (tho it can be irritating in large doses).

Son Of Dork are very much just NFG-lite for the kids. If it gets kids into great music i'm all for it. They're inoffensive and cheery. Give them a break.

freaking hell phil. sine when did you become such a liberal :D;)

hahaha :D

I actually quite like NFG' date=' they write catchy pop punk songs and Jordan's vocals stand out as his voice isn't like a million other vocalists (tho it can be irritating in large doses).[/quote']

Aye, it's more that a millon other vocalists' voices are like Jordan's.