aberdeen-music

Old Childrens Programmes!!

Lazy Gun

Hmmm... My favourites were Chocky (inc. Chocky's Challenge and Chocky's Children), Fraggle Rock, Round the Twist, Our House, Johnny Briggs, Henry's Leg, Mr Rossy, Terrahawks, Willow the Wisp, The Clangers, Knightmare, Emu's Pink Windmill Show, Let's Pretend, Why Don't U?, Press Gang, Dungeons & Dragons, Choc-a-bloc, Pob's Television Programme....

Ahhh, the 80's! I totally agree that childrens television is mostly shite now. Bring back the 80's (but not Bod!!!!).

Tata :rockon:

Hmm' date=' i think my favourite was probably "simon and the witch". But the two mad serials ("dark season" and "century falls") were also ace though quite recent in the scheme of things. Maybe also "alfonzo bonzo" and "archer's goon"? Anyone else remember these then?

After some research i should also mention "moondial", "the way to satin shore", "the moomins" and "bertha". Whatever happened to creepy serials on the bbc after newsround anyway? I pity the poor kids nowadays with all the shite they have to sit through.

[url']http://www.thechestnut.com/ (Good site for nostagic folks who want to see images of them old programmes)

aye i remember century falls it was quite spooky IIRC. anyone remember earthfasts?

I remember Simon and the Witch but I don't think I liked it.

What I REALLY wish they'd bring back is WISE UP. It was brilliant. Rubbish kids talking about silly issues with walking round and round in a circle or sitting on a swing. For some reason I never missed it.

I like Sesame Street when I was wee. I'm about to make myself a Sesame Street dress in honour.

Jamie,..... Jamie,...... Jamie and his magic torch

Does anyone else remember glen michaels cartoon cavalcade now that show rocked it even had a road show which i was taken to one time when i was 7 and i got lost so some fud took me on stage and glen michaels himself shouted over the mike for my mum and dad to come get me all the while i was bawling/greetin my eyes out and generally being a twat..............im glad i havent changed over the years

stop twisting things...

for starters, that isn't spotty in that picture, that is Blotch his little sister, she gets sucked out into deep space and superted (after forgetting who he is, and his secret magic word) remembers who he is, says his secret magic word and goes to save spotty, blotch and their parents.

and it was purely a hero, side-kick sort of relationship thank you very much

good double episode, i have it on video.

stop twisting things...

for starters' date=' that isn't spotty in that picture, that is Blotch his little sister, she gets sucked out into deep space and superted (after forgetting who he is, and his secret magic word) remembers who he is, says his secret magic word and goes to save spotty, blotch and their parents.

and it was purely a hero, side-kick sort of relationship thank you very much

good double episode, i have it on video.[/quote']

Great to see someone so passionate about The Ted!!! Go for it, bears have feelings too!!! lol

The perishers

Picture Box (The start of this programme was brilliant)

Jamie and the Magic Torch

Chorlton and the wheelies

Bagpuss

Wacky Races

Rainbow

The list is endless :D

At least you know some of the ones I remember! being even more ancient, I liked these:

Mary, Mungo and Midge

Mr Benn

Roobarb

Noah and Nelly

Itsy and Bitsy

The Clangers

Ivor the Engine (much better than bloody Thomas)

Come Back Lucy (that was really scary....)

Heidi (hilarious dubbing)

Storybook International (I think thats what it was called)