aberdeen-music

Old Childrens Programmes!!

Lazy Gun

Does anybody remember these: Orm & Cheep, Ludwig, The Giddys, The Ratties, Rub-a-dub dub, Go-bots, Jossy's Giants, Centurions, Simon and the Witch, M.A.S.K, Ovid and my personal favourite (and NOBODY ive asked remembers) The Groovy Ghoulies??

Cartoons are shite now (apart from spongebob) and i think they should all by re-commisioned!!!

Any other faves???

go here...

http://www.80snostalgia.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=60

what was the deal with Super Ted and Spotty anyway...

pic2.jpg

;)

cartoons back in the day were sooo much better

but i have noticed that sometimes watching them back now.. they're not as cool

some of them are tho

especially Count Duckula :rockon:

(who has Dangermouse pj's in one episode i noticed)

teddy ruxbin fan , and around the world with filias fogg. used to like that one.

racoons, gummi bears,

The best thing about old cartoons was the theme tunes, nowadays they are just shite, but back in teh day they really put some thought into the tunes.

bas: dum dum dum dudu dum dum dum ...

fraggle rock beginning.!

Does anybody remember these: Orm & Cheep' date=' Ludwig, The Giddys, The Ratties, Rub-a-dub dub, Go-bots, Jossy's Giants, Centurions, Simon and the Witch, M.A.S.K, Ovid and my personal favourite (and NOBODY ive asked remembers) The Groovy Ghoulies??

Cartoons are shite now (apart from spongebob) and i think they should all by re-commisioned!!!

Any other faves???[/quote']

Iv never heard of ANY of them!!!!! - There were psp's and ipods when i was a kid, i didnt have time for tv....GRANDAD!! :D

teddy ruxbin fan ' date=' and around the world with filias fogg. used to like that one.

racoons, gummi bears,

The best thing about old cartoons was the theme tunes, nowadays they are just shite, but back in teh day they really put some thought into the tunes.

bas: dum dum dum dudu dum dum dum ...

fraggle rock beginning.![/quote']

Ruxbin was ace, but the toy was for babies!! Was there things that looked like Boglins in it?? Loved the theme tunes for gummi bears, 80 days around the world(we'll find a pot of gold) and mysterious cities of gold and ullyses!! Racoons was ok but a bit sappy, although Cyril Sneer was a coll muthafucka!!!

Gobots was shit, i agree, but it was ace back then!! Cant remember Paw Paw bears, what were they??

Iv never heard of ANY of them!!!!! - There were psp's and ipods when i was a kid' date=' i didnt have time for tv....GRANDAD!! :D[/quote']

Listen whippersnapper, these programmes built and sculpted the man i am today, thay were good for the soul!! haha!! It was more fun growing up building hutties, drinking soda stream, stepping in white dog poo then going in to watch the A-Team and You Bet!

Im getting misty eyed!!!

I'm famous for my nostalgia fests about old kids tv programming, video's and dvds include - Transformers season 1, and the movie, GI Joe the movie, the clangers, the complete bagpuss, the complete Mr Benn (tho they've just rekleased this on DVD with a NEW episode :o), the complete flumps, button moon, Ed the duck the video, and many more.

My flat is famous as a shrine to the God of Bagpuss, with several cuddly toys (4 i think), mugs, t-shirts,posters, wallets, and anything else I can think of...

If you want obscure shows:

The Space Sentinels, Mooncat, tickle on the tum (with the legendary Ralph McTell), and Godzilla (not so obscure but it did have the great Godzooky...).

Cheers

Stuart

Hmm, i think my favourite was probably "simon and the witch". But the two mad serials ("dark season" and "century falls") were also ace though quite recent in the scheme of things. Maybe also "alfonzo bonzo" and "archer's goon"? Anyone else remember these then?

After some research i should also mention "moondial", "the way to satin shore", "the moomins" and "bertha". Whatever happened to creepy serials on the bbc after newsround anyway? I pity the poor kids nowadays with all the shite they have to sit through.

http://www.thechestnut.com/ (Good site for nostagic folks who want to see images of them old programmes)