aberdeen-music

Angus Young!

Mick Maverik

I have recently come to the conclusion, after listening to excess AC/DC, that Angus young is a bloody genius! I think he has to be one of the most stylish and under-rated lead guitarists out there! I think he has to fit into my top 3 all-time favourite guitarists (out of a list of about 50+ heh)! Just though I'd say that. :D

Who agrees / disagrees / why?

Andy

I have recently come to the conclusion' date=' after listening to excess AC/DC, that Angus young is a bloody genius! I think he has to be one of the most stylish and under-rated lead guitarists out there! I think he has to fit into my top 3 all-time favourite guitarists (out of a list of about 50+ heh)! Just though I'd say that. :D

Who agrees / disagrees / why?

Andy

P.S. On a side note, isn't it shit the ozzies claimed Angus & Malc as their own?! They even have bloody Australian accents!! How can you be born & raised in Glasgow for 17 & 19 years repectively then suddenly, bam! G'day Mate! Honestly, an "Australian" band with 2 Glaswegians, a Geordie, an Englishman & 1 Australian! Even poor old Bon Scott was from bloody Edinburgh![/quote']

aye. malc is the real secret weapon in the band tho...he didn't want to play lead cause it got in the way of his drinking

i love listening to angus youngs soloing. the way he controls his sound and lets the feedback start just in time for a screaming solo to kick in is sweet. his solos are always to the point and never rambling, augmenting the song without taking over it. that's a skill in itself, perhaps one that too many guitarist overlook.

/x

I don't think for a moment that Angus Young is under-rated. He is one of the most respected guitar players out there, and has been for almost 30 years. Anyone who's serious about playing guitar will have copied some of his licks at one time or another. Most of the current crop of respected guitar players will cite Angus Young as one of their influences somewhere along the lines......

When they visited Scotland in earlier years they used to busk in disguise in Glasgow, but it was never long before they were rumbled!!!

He is a decent guitarist. He certainly sticks to a formula which works (just like Motorhead and Slayer). I think there are way better guitarists out there but he seems perfect for the ballsy bluesy rock that they play. I get a bit bored of listening to ACDC after a while, too samey but I can see why they are so popular. There ya go, that is my honest opinion.

Guest AmbientMood
Angus is definitely under rated. Because AC/DC aren't an arty band' date=' they don't get the credit they deserve for being musically talented. Same problem Rory Gallagher always seemed to encounter. I would agree Malcolm Young is the main talent in AC/DC (Angus Young openly admits it).[/quote']

If you went into WH Smith at any time of the year you could probably find at least one crappy guitar magazine with a feature on Angus Young. He is one of the most celebrated players ever.

That's a matter of opinion and much debate with AC/DC fans!! Personally I love Blow Up Your Video!!

So that's one in 25 years...but as you say it's your opinion. We'll I will stand by my post they've done nothing to compare with their past glories e.g. Dirty Deeds, Powerage, Highway To Hell, Back In Black

Angus is definitely under rated. Because AC/DC aren't an arty band' date=' they don't get the credit they deserve for being musically talented. Same problem Rory Gallagher always seemed to encounter. I would agree Malcolm Young is the main talent in AC/DC (Angus Young openly admits it).[/quote']

Thats an odd quote, I've been a Gallagher fan since his days in Taste and cant remember him not being credited for being talented.

G...