aberdeen-music

i think this joke is funny

beeker

guy walks into his local in aberdeen and sees george bush and donald rumsfeldt in a corner.

he walks up and says it is a pleasure to see such distinguished gentleman in this bar, what are you discussing.

bush says we are discussing how to start ww3. its a choice between blowing up 3 million muslims or a blonde bird with big tits

man says what do you want to blow up a blonde bird for??

rumsfeldt says see no one gives a toss about muslims

Another racist joke? Since when was this cool / acceptable? Did i miss the mailshot last night?

it's not taking the piss out of muslims, it's highlighting the fact that indeed, "no one gives a toss about muslims" (when it comes to bush etc "doing stuff to them")...

if you laugh at the "joke" because you too "don't give a shit about muslims", it's a racist joke, if you laugh at it because of the blatant insensitivity that "bush and rumsfled" (in the joke), you are NOT racist, just an opening minded liberal.

how's that for an explaination of a joke ? (I'll get my coat)

it's not taking the piss out of muslims' date=' it's highlighting the fact that indeed, "no one gives a toss about muslims" (when it comes to bush etc "doing stuff to them")...

if you laugh at the "joke" because you too "don't give a shit about muslims", it's a racist joke, if you laugh at it because of the blatant insensitivity that "bush and rumsfled" (in the joke), you are NOT racist, just an opening minded liberal.

how's that for an explaination of a joke ? (I'll get my coat)[/quote']

I think you've explained well the difference between a "non-pc" and a "pc" joke, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

If I laugh at the joke thinking "yeah, muslims, no-one does care" then I'm racist, if I laugh because I think "Bush and Rumsfeld, how thick are they" then I'm not.

I didn't laugh, but the small amount of humour I could see was in the latter.

I didn't really find that funny...

An old Arab man lived alone in Idaho. He wanted to spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, Abdul, who used to help him, was being held by the FBI for aiding and abetting terrorists. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Abdul, I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me. Your Dad, Mohammad.

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad, For heaven's sake, don't dig up that garden, that's where I buried the "thing". Love, Abdul.

At 4 a.m. the next morning, F.B.I. agents and local police showed up and dug up the entire area without finding anything. They apologized to the oldman and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad, Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances. Love, Abdul.

Now that I find funny.