aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Guest grisen

EF at cafe drummonds

Guest grisen

Yesterday I was at cafe drummonds and saw 2 scottish bands and 1 swedish band, EF.

EF was really really good! heja sverige! the 2 other bands where OK, though the first band (don't know its name) didn't get their sound, to sound good. if you know what i mean.

The first band (Otterley) sounded like they had some techinical problems. It was shame because on record they sound so great, I think it's just a matter of practise and being totally confident in the equipment they were using. The pottering about between songs really brought the whole act down but I think in time they will be great.

The second band (Hookers Green #1) played a great set imho, their new material seems to gel a lot better and the set in general was far stronger than when I'd seen them before. Nick's vocals seem to have vastly improved and Neil's drumming is beginning to sound quite incredible. They've come a long way in the last few years and I'm glad this line-up seems to be sticking. The whole act seemed more at ease and a lot more natural than before. It's the best set I've seen them play.

The third and last act (EF) took my breathe away. All I can say it that it was amazing and it really blew everyone else out the water. I think most people would agree that it's a rarity to watch a band and just click with what the band are playing to the point where you're just standing... wide eyed in a daze absorbing the whole thing. It really was something else.

Great gig :)

The second band (Hookers Green #1) played a great set imho' date=' their new material seems to gel a lot better and the set in general was far stronger than when I'd seen them before. Nick's vocals seem to have vastly improved and Neil's drumming is beginning to sound quite incredible. They've come a long way in the last few years and I'm glad this line-up seems to be sticking. The whole act seemed more at ease and a lot more natural than before. It's the best set I've seen them play.

[/quote']

You summed my opinion perfectly. Certainly much better than the last time I saw them.

I was really disappointed because Otterly were the reason i went and then they had all those problems and only did about 4 songs. Real shame. Hookers Green were decent, but more straight forward. I can't give my opinion on the Swedes because i had Ef'd off home by then.

Guest grisen

Ef

it was quit nice/weird/funny that the poster said EF were som kind of "gods" from sweden... they are not even famous. in sweden. (or anywhere else i think)

but still, they were fantastic

it was quit nice/weird/funny that the poster said EF were som kind of "gods" from sweden... they are not even famous. in sweden. (or anywhere else i think)

but still' date=' they were fantastic[/quote']

They're no Henrik Larsson, that's for sure.

EF rocked - big style. It was worth the door tax alone and their CD ain't that bad either! Hope the Arkade Projects crew get them back over to these shores sooner rather than later.

I only saw Otterley' date=' but I enjoyed it. It's a shame that they have had sound problems both times I've seen them.[/quote']

Controversial it may be but I would say that they had 'knowing what they are doing' problems.

J

Missed the first band, didn't think much of Hookers Green, but the Swedes were very good, power and beauty combined to make a great show. Glad I went

Controversial it may be but I would say that they had 'knowing what they are doing' problems.

J

Like forgetting how to tune their guitars!

Missed the first band' date=' didn't think much of Hookers Green, but the Swedes were very good, power and beauty combined to make a great show. Glad I went[/quote']

Its like you summed up my night for me too.