aberdeen-music

The Kills Last Night

Guest bluesxman

Yes you did. Support band Be Your Own Pet were superb, complete with mini Ronaldo lookalike on bass. The Kills were also very good but after seeing them 3 times now I think I have seen all they have to offer really.

Yes you did. Support band Be Your Own Pet were superb' date=' complete with mini Ronaldo lookalike on bass. The Kills were also very good but after seeing them 3 times now I think I have seen all they have to offer really.[/quote']

Missed the support band, unfortunately. The Kills were good but, as you say, I'd seen it all before - this was the 3rd time I'd seen them in the last 12 months & the 5th time overall so there was nothing new for me.

Guest bluesxman
Missed the support band' date=' unfortunately. The Kills were good but, as you say, I'd seen it all before - this was the 3rd time I'd seen them in the last 12 months & the 5th time overall so there was nothing new for me.[/quote']

BYOP were just really young and boisterous and as with The Subways last week, it's good to see a young band just having fun on stage.

The only thing I've noticed with The Kills is that VV seems to have increasing confidence and interacts with the crowd a lot more than when I first saw them, but it's still not enough. Set is also very short with 2 albums to draw from....

BYOP were just really young and boisterous and as with The Subways last week' date=' it's good to see a young band just having fun on stage.

The only thing I've noticed with The Kills is that VV seems to have increasing confidence and interacts with the crowd a lot more than when I first saw them, but it's still not enough. Set is also very short with 2 albums to draw from....[/quote']

BYOP were awesome, I tried to book them for Gun Clubs in feb but got an email saying "we are very sorry but we are in school just now" which was a pity.

Kills were good enough but they could have just played their encore and I'd have heard all I'd wanted.

Missed the support band' date=' unfortunately. The Kills were good but, as you say, I'd seen it all before - this was the 3rd time I'd seen them in the last 12 months & the 5th time overall so there was nothing new for me.[/quote']

Should have gone to see the support band then ba'heid! You're the man who missed Joy Divsion when they played at The Capitol just becasue they were the support band.

That was one of the most disappointing gigs Ive been to in a while.

BYOP were ok, saw them at Leeds and they were absolutely on fire, last night the singer was a bit of a smart-arse with her sarky comments and not-really-trying attitude. The crowd were also pretty crap, standing like zombies 'til the single came on then moshing like Goths. I don't know if it's a primal fear of the alt. music fans or what but byop is quality dancing music.

The Kills, pppfffttttt, just two losers dancing about to a backing track. There wasn't even a need for the guitar because most of it was pre-recorded. Again the crowd were standing like zombies. Boring and pretentious songs, left after 3.

I thought both bands were extremely good. BYOP were heaps better than i expected. The Kills werent as good as the last tie I saw them in the lemon tree, their set was a bit samey but I still really enjoyed the gig. Kissy kissy was really good.

I was also with Rory who was half-dressed like Brain Ferry, so I suppose the gig couldnt really have been a downer. He even did some 80s dancing.

Best gig that ive been to this year. The Kills were amazing, fantastic guitar sound and wonderous vocals. Byop were very very good for their age. Kinda music that makes u wanna just get up and dance. Sadly the crowd were shit. I cant understand why so many folk went just to stand, do fuck all and nae really give both the bands the cheer that they deserved,i was really pissed off at that.