aberdeen-music

Ordinary Boys Last Night

thenumber1hun

Anyone else at the ordinary boys last night?

Thought they were pretty ordinary and was slightly dissapointed except for the last four or five songs where it started to liven up a tad.

Anyone got any reports from the Kills gig at the lemon tree. had a ticket for both but ended up going to see the ordinary boys instead.

Did i miss anything?

i saw them last night. thought it was quite good. they played too many b-sides though.

was annoyed that I missed Be Your Own Pet at the Lemon Tree. Oh well at least i've seen them before and hopefully they'll play here again next year.

yeah i wanted to see be your own pet aswell

I thought the opposite' date=' I thought they were really good and an overall ace gig.[/quote']

they werent half as good as they were at t in the park both years, anyone else hear him when he asked if we were there 6 months ago, was it not more like 2 years ago? I thought they were ok, maybe coz i wasnt drunk enuf, out of the 4 bands ive seen in the last 6 days they probs came out the worse, although i did kick off all the crowdsurfing. Maybe i wasnt drunk enuf or maybe the arctic monkeys have just raised my expectations on gigs too much

I've never seen the Ordinary Boys before, but I really enjoyed the gig. Most gigs that I have gone to the support bands haven't been that great but the Bedouin Sound Clash were really good and I would have liked if they had played longer. The bassists from The Ordinary boys and the Bedouin Sound Clash were really good. When i first heard the Bedouin Sound Clash's single on the radio i thought it was a poor attempt to copy Bob Marley but the song came across so much better live, and they seemed more individual than an average pop band. I agree that they should have played less A sides because on the first album they have so many crowd pleasers.

The beach ball room is a pretty cool venue it seemed huge at the start but soon filled up.

On the whole its good to see Mod/Punk/Soul bands, or whatever you want to class the ordinary boys as, on the increase.

they werent half as good as they were at t in the park both years' date=' anyone else hear him when he asked if we were there 6 months ago, was it not more like 2 years ago? I thought they were ok, maybe coz i wasnt drunk enuf, out of the 4 bands ive seen in the last 6 days they probs came out the worse, although i did kick off all the crowdsurfing. Maybe i wasnt drunk enuf or maybe the arctic monkeys have just raised my expectations on gigs too much[/quote']

I saw you in the crowd for Milburn