aberdeen-music

Racism!

Benji

i can't find anything about piggy banks(nor can i work out why they should be banned).

I actually saw a headline the other week about this. They want to ban piggy banks so they don't anger muslims. Think it was the Sun or Daily Express that ran the story.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true. The sheep thing. My mum;s a nursery teacher, and you're only allowed to sing baa baa black sheep if you sing a verse where he's white and yellow and lots of other colours aswell. Stupid. The thing that really pissed me off was when my best mates wee sister came home from primary school with 'lines' (remember them, ace!) She had to write "It is not a black board, it is a chalk board" a heap of times. But it is still a white board. now that's discriminating. That's just bloody stupid. I'm not against political correctness, but surely that's taking the piss?!??! And why would piggy banks offend Muslims? (Is that really obvious and I'm just being stupid?) And.... and........ Ooooh, so much more to say/rant but i shall finish this now and take a few deep breaths. In...... and out........ In...... and out...

And why would piggy banks offend Muslims? (Is that really obvious and I'm just being stupid?) And.... and........ Ooooh' date=' so much more to say/rant but i shall finish this now and take a few deep breaths. In...... and out........ In...... and out...[/quote']

I think it's something to do with pigs being considered dirty and unclean in the muslim community. Same idea as with Jews I think, they consider them bad and don't eat them etc etc.

Andy

Ohh, I'm back to rant some more. I don't know if you can post links to another thread in here or something but it's the one about the most random thing to happen at a gig, and when the belmont chipper is referred to as an ethnic chipper. I feel like I should get offended or pissed off or something, but if there is no ill intent then, as long as it doesn;t offend those you're talking about then it's okay. Well, it's probably not okay, but that's my opinion. Was kinda wanting some feed back to see if that makes me a horrible racist or not.

Ohh' date=' I'm back to rant some more. I don't know if you can post links to another thread in here or something but it's the one about the most random thing to happen at a gig, and when the belmont chipper is referred to as an ethnic chipper. I feel like I should get offended or pissed off or something, but if there is no ill intent then, as long as it doesn;t offend those you're talking about then it's okay. Well, it's probably not okay, but that's my opinion. Was kinda wanting some feed back to see if that makes me a horrible racist or not.[/quote']

would a racist not call it the ethnic chipper and boycott the place?

I use that just as a nickname for the place - i think it's a superb chippy that has friendly staff no matter what state of affairs the clientel are in. no ill intent.