aberdeen-music

Racism!

Benji

sorry didn't realise it was assembly.

i still would hardly call it brainwashing. most kids don't pay any attention in assembly anyway and spend half their time flicking the v's at their mates and poking the kid in front of them.

My son is in p1 and takes it all in! I dislike the guilt that it puts on kids

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmbientMood
*yawn*

Why' date=' what experience do you have with the primary school system? Are you involved with the care of a person at primary school? Or are you just a sad bastard who feels the need to criticise people on the internet because he hasn't got the balls to do it to people's faces?[/quote']

My mother has been a primary school teacher for years.

My mother has been a primary school teacher for years.

Now I see why you have said what you have said - I have been a mother for years I know what I want for my kids! oH and yes I do have problems with my spelling you of all people should have an understanging of abilities. I take interest in what my child learns about because I think I got such a shitty education and want to make things better for him.

Guest AmbientMood
Now I see why you have said what you have said - I have been a mother for years I know what I want for my kids! oH and yes I do have problems with my spelling you of all people should have an understanging of abilities. I take interest in what my child learns about because I think I got such a shitty education and want to make things better for him.

You can't customise your kid's education. This is the state school system, get what your given etc (which is, 99.9% of the time, perfectly adequate.)

You can't customise your kid's education. This is the state school system' date=' get what your given etc (which is, 99.9% of the time, perfectly adequate.)[/quote']

Perfectly adequate in who's eyes? I only ever got "adequate" education in French in one year out of 4 in secondary school, the rest of the time, the tution was weak and ineffective.

People tolerating a rubbish system that doesn't encourage complaints is a prime reason (in my eyes) as to why it's so fucking rubbish. Try it, try asking a school to do something that isn't part of the "system" and they can't handle it.

Openness, honesty and transparency is something woefully missing from the state education system.

To be fair' date=' how many black people were at the Metal Hammer awards (for instance?) or go to Moshulu?[/quote']

Thats a matter of personal preference though...they could go there and feel welcome (hopefully) if they wanted to and nobody would give a damn, but most black people dont really prefer that kind of music (sorry if that sounds racist)

It would be a very different story if a white person went into a black club though...no safety there...

You can't customise your kid's education. This is the state school system' date=' get what your given etc (which is, 99.9% of the time, perfectly adequate.)[/quote']

Wise up! Of course I can ensure my son has a quality education and has a parent who shows there support.

It is very easy to customise your kids education I taught my son to read and write when he was 3 and they do their best for him so they do cater for his needs. They have changed a few things to accomodate him so things can be customised(maybe not by me but by the teacher assessing individule needs. if you don't ask you don't get. I am happy with my kids education mainly because I am happy to do what they can't or won't. DO not think badly of me for being a concerned/interested parent go pick on the ones who couldn't give a rats ass, at least when I have an issue I am polite, I have seen parents toally over react and intimidate teachers where as I would rather sit down and talk things over!

Guest AmbientMood
Perfectly adequate in who's eyes? I only ever got "adequate" education in French in one year out of 4 in secondary school' date=' the rest of the time, the tution was weak and ineffective.

.[/quote']

Is that so? Weak and ineffective? So you got shite grades then and it was all the schools fault? Let me guess, they were picking on you? aww..

People tolerating a rubbish system that doesn't encourage complaints is a prime reason (in my eyes) as to why it's so fucking rubbish. Try it, try asking a school to do something that isn't part of the "system" and they can't handle it.

You place far too much emphasis on individual schools, when in fact it all comes down to government funding, which is, as always, shite. When I was at primary school we had drama, P.E, music teachers and classes of reasonable size. That is now all in the shitter as you may know, so blaming schools for not being able to compensate everyone's individual little quirk is a little unfair (in this context, with regards to a five year old, I think 'atheism' is a tad petty, I'm sure even trying to explain this to your son, Delly, would unneccesarily confuse the shit out of him).

Openness, honesty and transparency is something woefully missing from the state education system

I'm not even sure what that means.

Is that so? Weak and ineffective? So you got shite grades then and it was all the schools fault? Let me guess' date=' they were picking on you? aww..[/quote']

Nah, got an easy 3 without putting any effort in. I could've probably got a 2, but the department was so shite that there was no motivation whatsoever to actually learn anything. Want a good example of how bad the department was? The record in my class for being thrown out of the room stood at something like 10 seconds - really, what kind of message does that send to people? Quite a few people on here can attest to just how rubbish Westhill's languages department was.

You place far too much emphasis on individual schools, when in fact it all comes down to government funding, which is, as always, shite. When I was at primary school we had drama, P.E, music teachers and classes of reasonable size. That is now all in the shitter as you may know, so blaming schools for not being able to compensate everyone's individual little quirk is a little unfair (in this context, with regards to a five year old, I think 'atheism' is a tad petty, I'm sure even trying to explain this to your son, Delly, would unneccesarily confuse the shit out of him).

What has your point got to do with mixing religion and education? Some schools can be excellent at dealing with people's problems, and in my experience, it all depends on the attitude of the teachers and management. Some of them simply can't be arsed, whereas some are willing to go the extra mile to help people that might need it.

I can't help but think that bad teachers blame the system, while good teachers can adapt to meet what the system demands.

I'm not even sure what that means.

Do you not believe that schools should be accountable to parents and students?

Guest MerryChristmas

It winds me right up, these days i feel guilty making eye contact with black people who I dont know for fear of being called a racist for staring or looking at them.

For me it used to be the same with people from India, pakistan and other areas.

Now black people are never black. They are brown of differing shades

White people are never white. They are off white with differing shades

Not even albino humans are white they are off white.

Here is the confusing part, black people can be albino - off white

Guest AmbientMood

I can't help but think that bad teachers blame the system' date=' while good teachers can adapt to meet what the system demands.

[/quote']

So the system is fine and its all the teacher's fault?

People tolerating a rubbish system that doesn't encourage complaints is a prime reason (in my eyes) as to why it's so fucking rubbish.

Openness, honesty and transparency is something woefully missing from the state education system.

Make your mind up. Maybe you should get all your old teacher sacked?

Basically, teachers are stretched enough as it is, so in the best interest of everyone, unless you truly, really believe they are doing their job wrong, keep your mouth shut. Honestly, I've seen it all, there are some truly ridiculous parents out there, hindering a teacher about your own child's demands is both selfish and blatantly going to be counter-productive.

that wasn the point i was making' date=' if your talk about types of music, im talking about the nightclubs for black people only[/quote']

Is there one of these nightclubs in Portlethen? I wasn't aware of that.

as for your earlier point about award ceremonies, I think you're looking at this the wrong way. Think of it like this - what type of society forces people (whether black, asian or even female) to start their own awards ceremonies in order for people of the same race/sex to actually gain recognition?

These things aren't set up to exclude white people - they're designed to promote black people. There's a subtle diference.

Maybe you should read through this for a bit of insight - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_Colored_People

It winds me right up' date=' these days i feel guilty making eye contact with black people who I dont know for fear of being called a racist for staring or looking at them.

Here is the confusing part, black people can be albino - off white[/quote']

holy fuck.

what are you on about?

you stare at black people?

I can't even begin to question your statements here - i'm just speechless.

Rasicm Is Fucking Sickening.there Are A Lot Of Rasists Here' date=' Pretending To Be Nice.[/quote']

That's the impression I'm getting. There seems to be quite a few statements being made that are bordering on offensive.

Still, i need to lighten up apparently - it's ok to laugh at the Irish & I should be able to do it over the Chinese as well, it would seem. Can't understand that logic personally.

That's the impression I'm getting. There seems to be quite a few statements being made that are bordering on offensive.

Still' date=' i need to lighten up apparently - it's ok to laugh at the Irish & I should be able to do it over the Chinese as well, it would seem. Can't understand that logic personally.[/quote']

i was actually trying to do an all caps post(it wouldnt let me) that was mispelt, in the style of someone who spoke poor english but read this site!!

i agree though, its unaceptable to make a 'paki' or 'darkie' joke in public but how often do you hear something about an irishman? i know a few 'paddys' who'd have your head off for saying "an englishman, an irishman and a scotsman walked into a bar...".i personally laugh at what i find funny, and shake my head at what i find offensive, and there is a very fine line.just a shame there arent that much 'white man' jokes to re-address the balance!

It winds me right up' date=' these days i feel guilty making eye contact with black people who I dont know for fear of being called a racist for staring or looking at them.

Here is the confusing part, black people can be albino - off white[/quote']

one of my fave posts ever on here.amazing.

one of my fave posts ever on here.amazing.

I'm going to save this post somewhere for posterity. It'll take me years of reading, re-reading & dissecting it before I even get a hint of what the fuck he's on about.

I love the line that says "here is the confusing part" - fuck me, the whole post is confusing, not just the last line.

I can only hope he posts more of his insights on here - how about a few comments on women? gays? I think we'll all look forward to them.

That is now all in the shitter as you may know' date=' so blaming schools for not being able to compensate everyone's individual little quirk is a little unfair (in this context, with regards to a five year old, I think 'atheism' is a tad petty, I'm sure even trying to explain this to your son, Delly, would unneccesarily confuse the shit out of him)..[/quote']

Oh right I should not confuse my son with choice instead let a school system preech to him hmm wise up religion is far more confusing, that is why school is not the place for it (although RME is fine with me apart from how it is taught by a small amount of teachers) There are schools where religion is a major part of their education they are the ones where parents choose to put their kids.

weird how you think I shouldn't confuse my kid with my belief, considering my main reason for disliking the schools approach to religion is in some asspects are unfair. he is far to young to be preached to. I do not try to push mine on to him. So see no reason for anyone else doing the same I only want to give him a balanced view of all religions so he can make up his own mind. Also I have not yet removed my son from any part of his school day!

with your views on this you really should become a teacher.