Benji

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AmbientMood

This is my view on racism..

In a chain email sent to me by a girl, who I hate:

BLACK MAN WALKED IN 2 A CAFE EARLY 1 MORNIN ND NOTICES HE'Z DA ONLY BLACK PERSON IN THERE! AS HE SAT DOWN HE NOTICED A WHITE MAN SAT DOWN BEHIND HIM ND THE WHITE MAN SAID:

"COLOURED PEOPLE ARN'T ALLOWED IN HERE!"

"THE BLACK MAN REPLIED...

"WEN I WOZ BORN I WOZ BLACK!"

"WEN I GREW UP I WOZ BLACK!"

"WEN I'M SICK I'M BLACK!"

"WEN I'M IN DA SUN I'M BLACK!"

"WEN I'M COLD I'M BLACK!"

"WEN I DIE I'M BLACK!"

BUT U SIR!...

"WEN U WERE BORN U WERE PINK!"

"WEN UR SICK U TURN GREEN!"

WEN U STAY IN DA SUN UR RED!"

"WEN UR COLD U TURN BLUE!"

"WEN U DIE U TURN PURPLE!"

"AND YET U AV DA NERVE 2 DIS MI COLOUR!"

THE BLACK MAn TURNED AROUND ND THE WHITE MAN WALKED AWAY!

Copy this to at least 2 other person and help stop racisim.

Guest Page 99
Do you know what Racism is ??? It doesn't exist...

How can you start a discussion about somthing which you said that it didn't exist in another?

Personaly racism is aborrant, and the fact that people seem to forget that it's not just white supremist racism which exists is even more terrorfying. It's a problem across all sections of society.

The worst thing is that the Xenophobic nature of this country is getting worse, most probibly fueled by the mass media frenzy blaming imagrants for everything. Heck, I'm sure they'd blame the awful weather on them if they felt the British public would buy into it. The government, and the mass city wide segragation doesn't help matters either, but c'est le ve I guess. Nothing we can do about it.

Guest MerryChristmas

I would give my life for the cause of equality, if everyone would suddenly go blind to skin colour i would give my life

Got friends and family who are discriminated against in front of me, its not good.

Have been discriminated against by blacks and asians too

Rosa Parks is dead :down:

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Bux, your joke about Chinese and English translation wasn't racist at all - Its just really dull and been repeated on messageboards for about 20 years, I think.

Bux' date=' your joke about Chinese and English translation wasn't racist at all - Its just really dull and been repeated on messageboards for about 20 years, I think.[/quote']

It was racist.

Any "joke" that takes the piss in that manner has racist undertones to it - "ha ha, doesn't those foriegners talk funny!".

Put it like this - walk down to your local Chinese & show them the joke & see if they laugh.

Whether it's dull & repetitive is immaterial - it's just childish racism masked as "humour" & that's a dangerous thing.

most jokes are aimed at other people be it body image, age, sex, race, medical conditions or whatever

getting in to radio broadcasting has made me realise some of my every day laungage offends certain groups of people or it is not "pc" I find it hard to keep up with it like my kids have ba ba rainbow sheep book.

I finding it hard to keep all of the people happy all of the time.

Racism sucks there is no need for it - I remember a conversation with a girl at college who got frustrated at someone in the class who was having difficaulty understanding the tuter, she then on went on to say "I am not racist but if they come into our country they should learn our laungage" The guy had joined an English class!!.

It was racist.

Any "joke" that takes the piss in that manner has racist undertones to it - "ha ha' date=' doesn't those foriegners talk funny!".

Put it like this - walk down to your local Chinese & show them the joke & see if they laugh.

Whether it's dull & repetitive is immaterial - it's just childish racism masked as "humour" & that's a dangerous thing.[/quote']

Who really gives a fuck? We've been ripping the piss out of the Irish for long enough and they're on our doorstep.

If you can't take a joke (where no malice is intended) then there's something wrong with you.

how can you call a scotsman a scot but not a pakistani a paki? im not saying im racist, far from it but i believe people make huge things out of litlle comments, you see people just waiting for the slightest racist comment so they can kick off and have a go at them.

OK, here's what I think, for what it is worth. I'm not a racist. I do, however, love the differences between cultures and don't want for people to lose their identity to brand us 'all the same'.

So, to quote Monty Python;

'I like Chinese,

I like Chinese,

They only come up to your knees,

Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.

Verse: (in Chinese)

Chorus: I like Chinese,

I like Chinese,

Their food is guaranteed to please,

A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees.

Chorus: I like Chinese,

I like Chinese,

I like their tiny little trees,

Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese.'

Go ahead, call me a racist. I'll say you're hyper-sensitive with no sense of humour.

how can you call a scotsman a scot but not a pakistani a paki? im not saying im racist' date=' far from it but i believe people make huge things out of litlle comments, you see people just waiting for the slightest racist comment so they can kick off and have a go at them.[/quote']

it's all down to context - "Paki" is used as an offense term,Scot isn't. "scotch" is a drink however.

Who really gives a fuck? We've been ripping the piss out of the Irish for long enough and they're on our doorstep.

If you can't take a joke (where no malice is intended) then there's something wrong with you.

I'm aware there's no malice intended but the subtext is racist, however it's dressed up.

I can take a joke - I usually like them to be funny, though.

Brilliant. That's easily the smartest thing anyone's said. As I said on another thread, the movement to ban anything that could even possibly be construed as racist (someone mentioned Baa Baa Black Sheep) only pisses people off.

baa baa happy sheep is a fucking discrace, as is having to call them chalk boards and penboards, incase calling it a blackboard is deemed offensive! what has our country came to, if someone had posted a joke like bux, taking the piss outta the scotts, we would have laughed.

rasism is a disgrage, but in my opinion the hyper-sensitive fucks who seem to think anything involving the word black is offensive are almost as bad! take a fucking joke, if a chinese person posted something like that aboutthe scottish or english or irish, would everyone have gotten pissed off...get a fucking clue

ross

baa baa happy sheep is a fucking discrace' date=' as is having to call them chalk boards and penboards, incase calling it a blackboard is deemed offensive! what has our country came to, if someone had posted a joke like bux, taking the piss outta the scotts, we would have laughed.

[/quote']

this is what fucking pisses me off, political correctness is a joke, a few days ago we were told the piggy bank is offensive to mueslims and jewish people, and christmas decorations are offensive now aswell.

i also dont like the fact black people can have their own night clubs and celebrity awards, if a white person did that they'd be racist.

im not one bit racist, i just think each race should be treated even by our goverment or who ever makes up these rules

Guest tv tanned
this is what fucking pisses me off' date=' political correctness is a joke, a few days ago we were told the piggy bank is offensive to mueslims and jewish people, and christmas decorations are offensive now aswell.[/quote']

Christmas decorations are offensive. Particularly the fact they go up in September.

this is what fucking pisses me off' date=' political correctness is a joke, a few days ago we were told the piggy bank is offensive to mueslims and jewish people, and christmas decorations are offensive now aswell.

i also dont like the fact black people can have their own night clubs and celebrity awards, if a white person did that they'd be racist.

im not one bit racist, i just think each race should be treated even by our goverment or who ever makes up these rules[/quote']

I never knew I had a nighclub!