aberdeen-music

right, quick flash question

framheim

i've made an animation and hit publish. i've now tried to insert it into a dreamweaver document and hit preview but it doesn't work. what might i be doing wrong?

If you've done insert->media->flash and chosen you're .swf file (ctrl-alt-f if you're being, herm, flash), then hit F12 (preview in browser), then I don't have a clue.

Forgot, you have to save the HTML file first to make the link relative I think

If you've done insert->media->flash and chosen you're .swf file (ctrl-alt-f if you're being' date=' herm, flash), then hit F12 (preview in browser), then I don't have a clue.

Forgot, you have to save the HTML file first to make the link relative I think[/quote']

yea, i tried that and it didn't work. when you hit publish in flash it saves the html and the swf file. i'll give it a bash tonight again though.

got it to work! thanks for the help folks but i was just doing something silly and obvious. doh.

now to work out how to stop it repeating. maybe i shoulda done the tutorials after all. hohum.

edit: weeee! uncheck the loop button and no more repeating. *bangs head on desk* must look harder.

got it to work! thanks for the help folks but i was just doing something silly and obvious. doh.

now to work out how to stop it repeating. maybe i shoulda done the tutorials after all. hohum.

edit: weeee! uncheck the loop button and no more repeating. *bangs head on desk* must look harder.

gives a look then twinkle toes

Click here to watch leaves

found somewhere. let me know what you think. the idea is that this will be the intro to my website then it could act as the browser function to by clicking on the leaves to navigate the site with thumbnails appearing on the right of the screen and full pictures opening in another browser. the leaves will be on the left of the site.

you need to up the frame rate, it's a jerky as dried beef!

have a look at "easing in / out" the animation in and out too, (-100, 100) = ease in and out

If you create a key frame, and the leaf "wafts" to the side, it should Slow up to the "extreme", then speed up as it moves away from it...(look at the tween props at the bottom of the screen, you should see "ease" as an optin, when "tween : motion / shape" is selected. (try rotating them too, to add a bit more realism).

you need to up the frame rate' date=' it's a jerky as dried beef!

have a look at "easing in / out" the animation in and out too, (-100, 100) = ease in and out

If you create a key frame, and the leaf "wafts" to the side, it should Slow up to the "extreme", then speed up as it moves away from it...(look at the tween props at the bottom of the screen, you should see "ease" as an optin, when "tween : motion / shape" is selected. (try rotating them too, to add a bit more realism).[/quote']

yea i thought that i should rotate them a bit too, but just wanted to do a rough one to see how it came out first. first ever time i've used flash or any animation software and thought i'd done a nae bad job. needs some fine tuning though like you say, though i'm not necessarily looking for total realism but just a nice intro.

what does easing in do anyhow?