aberdeen-music

Eskimo Blonde At the Lemon Tree

Dreamweaver

Hi there people, well i have witnessed the asscendancy of a truly magnificent Aberdeen Band. Eskimo Blonde. Saturday the 22nd October, what a great night at the Lemon Tree. Saw all the acts. Missed the first 15mins of Baby Karma, sorry, but what i heard i liked. KF Tokyo and the Method were also very good, definite crowd pleasers. Final act was Eskimo Blonde. Picture the seen, nigh on full capacity Lemon Tree, crowd revved up from the previous acts,stage and venue blackened out then their intro music. Great to see the lads having a laugh with their name, the X factor theme music. Then the show of the night really started. Their Sound was perfect from the offing. Pulsing Drums and echoed guitars then BANG! The show really kicked off. Great adrenalin driven music all the way through, one thing, the show seemed to slow down for 10 mins or so, saying that the slower songs were great, then the pace upped a gear all the way to the end. One encore played, that for me was amazing, full throttle in your face, dont give a sh*t rock and roll. When you thought they had given all, they blast you away with the ferocity of their final song of the night. That song has to be gotten a hold of somehow. What is its name? Can anyone help? This band needs to be signed so the UK can hear them. When are they playing again.

This band has a soft melodic side and the harder edged sound, i dont think Aberdeen has seen this bands full potential yet.!!

ALL HAIL ESKIMO BLONDE

:rockon:

Hi there people' date=' well i have witnessed the asscendancy of a truly magnificent Aberdeen Band. Eskimo Blonde. Saturday the 22nd October, what a great night at the Lemon Tree. Saw all the acts. Missed the first 15mins of Baby Karma, sorry, but what i heard i liked. KF Tokyo and the Method were also very good, definite crowd pleasers. Final act was Eskimo Blonde. Picture the seen, nigh on full capacity Lemon Tree, crowd revved up from the previous acts,stage and venue blackened out then their intro music. Great to see the lads having a laugh with their name, the X factor theme music. Then the show of the night really started. Their Sound was perfect from the offing. Pulsing Drums and echoed guitars then BANG! The show really kicked off. Great adrenalin driven music all the way through, one thing, the show seemed to slow down for 10 mins or so, saying that the slower songs were great, then the pace upped a gear all the way to the end. One encore played, that for me was amazing, full throttle in your face, dont give a sh*t rock and roll. When you thought they had given all, they blast you away with the ferocity of their final song of the night. That song has to be gotten a hold of somehow. What is its name? Can anyone help? This band needs to be signed so the UK can hear them. When are they playing again.

This band has a soft melodic side and the harder edged sound, i dont think Aberdeen has seen this bands full potential yet.!!

ALL HAIL ESKIMO BLONDE

:rockon:[/quote']

I've heard Eskimo Blonde several times but never anywhere near as good as they were on Saturday theres no doubt these guys play better with a strong PA and a decent crowd. Baby Karma were good for the first gig with 2 new members (but I would say that I'm biased), The Method were great crowd pleasers and I really enjoyed their set. KFTohyo, it was only their second or third gig and considering a superb gig, wasnt so keen on the vocals but that was a personal taste thing more than them being bad, and as I said Eskimo Blonde (usually good) surprised me by taking a step upwards and probably being the tightest local band I have ever seen. A great night, well done Eskimo Blonde,probably the most professional current band in Aberdeen that I've seen - and all being great guys.

Cheers

Stuart

I have to say that Saturday night was a night to remember. I had the choice og the Music hall or the lemon tree. I chose wisely. Eskimo Blonde blew me away. I have to admit, i have heard them before and thought it was going to be the same, how wrong i was !! These boys are tiight on stage. Songs flowed nicely into one another, great rythmn and pace. The crowd were captivated with the singer, he held them by their short and curlies and got them off........ Song of the night, the single that northsound keep playing....."into the night" faster than the single, and also the very last song , their encore. Dopnt know the name either. Cant wait to see them again, i agree with jester and dweaver, aberdeen has not seen what this band can do yet.

I saw the gig too. First time for me seeing Eskimo Blonde, those four guys play seriously great music. You could tell they were nervous but settled into a great pace after a few songs. I think their set rolled on nicely, fast, fast, slow down a bit and full on right to the end, climaxing with their encore. The guitars were sounding savage, great player the boy with the specs, he needs to be let loose more often cos when he solos its killer man ! Front man - everything a front man should be, he worked the crowd to the bands advantage, solid drums and decent bass player. I would definitely buy this bands music if it were in the shops.

When's the next show?

Thanks for a great night Eskimo Blonde.

i saw eskimo blonde once' date=' they were shit[/quote']

ha ha!

Does anyone else find it coincidental that jabberwocky, richard tandy and dreamweaver all joined the forum in Sept / Oct 2005? And when you look at the "find more posts by..." for each of them they seem to have nothing to say on any subject apart from those concerning Eskimo Blonde?

If it isn't the band themselves then it's more than likely friends of theres.

Bit sad & desperate really.

Pretty fucking shite at self publicity' date=' though.

I've made a mental note to avoid them just on the strength of this thread alone.[/quote']

No offense but having been at the gig which had over 350 people there I find it difficult tobelieve that Eskimo Blonde did this to get 5 people on Aberdeen Music to take notice. In the past few weeks EB have been in the Daily Record, received quite a bit of airplay etc, I really dont think they'd be doung this to publicise a thread on Aberdeen Music.

As an independent observer, I can say they really could have taught 90% of Aberdeen bands a thing or 2 with their prescence and their skill on Saturday night

Cheers

Stuart

No offense but having been at the gig which had over 350 people there I find it difficult tobelieve that Eskimo Blonde did this to get 5 people on Aberdeen Music to take notice. In the past few weeks EB have been in the Daily Record' date=' received quite a bit of airplay etc, I really dont think they'd be doung this to publicise a thread on Aberdeen Music.

As an independent observer, I can say they really could have taught 90% of Aberdeen bands a thing or 2 with their prescence and their skill on Saturday night

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

well, if it's not them then it's certainly someone connected with them.

you sure it wasn't you? waxing lyrical about their "presence and skill"?

personally, whoever it is, I just find it a bit embaressing - as you say, they've played the LT to a large crowd then got an article in the Record so why bother with this half arsed piece of viral marketing?

Maybe the people that started the thread - seemingly sitting on the same network according to their IP Addresses - would like to clear up the situation for us & clarify who they are?

Guest DustyDeviada
well' date=' if it's not them then it's certainly someone connected with them.

[/quote']

In defence of Jester I don't see why he would have any particular reason to "big up" Eskimo Blonde, I mean they gave Baby Karma a support slot but I hardly think that would justify the hassle of setting up three separate accounts on here just to give them praise.

That said it does look a tad suspect...

In defence of Jester I don't see why he would have any particular reason to "big up" Eskimo Blonde' date=' I mean they gave Baby Karma a support slot but I hardly think that would justify the hassle of setting up three separate accounts on here just to give them praise.

That said it does look a tad suspect...[/quote']

I wasn't really having a go at Jester - I just thought he was being a bit naive.

Three people (or one person?) on two PCs on the same network who have all joined in the last month & have posted nothing apart from praises for EB is very suspect.

Reading the posts again shows them all to be very similar in the style of writing - i reckon it was one person doing it for whatever reason.

It's probably the drummer - you know what drummers are like.

Guest DustyDeviada

It's probably the drummer - you know what drummers are like.

Well I met the drummer at the gig, and he came across as a really sound guy, in fact they all were.

As Jester pointed out, the band have just had a big Lemon Tree gig and lots of coverage in national and local newspapers. I find it highly unlikely that the band themselves would feel the need to post glowing notices on here.

Probably a well meaning, but ultimately misguided, friend of the band.

Band Member

ha ha!

Does anyone else find it coincidental that jabberwocky' date=' richard tandy and dreamweaver all joined the forum in Sept / Oct 2005? And when you look at the "find more posts by..." for each of them they seem to have nothing to say on any subject apart from those concerning Eskimo Blonde?

If it isn't the band themselves then it's more than likely friends of theres.

Bit sad & desperate really.[/quote']

I am a member of the band and can assure you all that we would never stoop as low to post made up comments about ourselves on websites such as these.

Whether the comments are genuine or not, we would like to thank all the people that turned up and supported us on our first headline gig at the Lemon Tree.

If you are sitting alone at night, surfing these boards and giving your criticism of local bands - why not try getting off your arses and come along and hear us play - or indeed some of the other local bands that recieve so much in depth discussion on this site. The AUBL and Aberdeen-Music are great tools for the local music community - only if they are used properly!

Cheers,

Ro - Eskimo Blonde.

If you are sitting alone at night' date=' surfing these boards and giving your criticism of local bands - why not try getting off your arses and come along and hear us play - or indeed some of the other local bands that recieve so much in depth discussion on this site. The AUBL and Aberdeen-Music are great tools for the local music community - only if they are used properly!

[/quote']

Seconded. Regardless of who is making posts - if you can't post constructively (I'm looking at you Ollie) then please don't post at all.

Having multiple user accounts on this web site is forbidden and so I will look into this matter. I don't need the rest of you to conduct your own witchhunt though so please refrain from posting your idle speculation. Thank you.

Seconded. Regardless of who is making posts - if you can't post constructively (I'm looking at you Ollie) then please don't post at all.

Having multiple user accounts on this web site is forbidden and so I will look into this matter. I don't need the rest of you to conduct your own witchhunt though so please refrain from posting your idle speculation. Thank you.

it's hardly a witch-hunt though, is it?

personally, i was a bit pissed off at someone trying to draw us into some half-arsed viral marketing rather than posting a positive message on the subject & letting it develop. As you say - post constructively, or not at all.

I'm glad a band member has disowned it, though. Hell, I may even "get off my arse" and check them out sometime - sorry for missing the LT gig but the 50 other bands I've seen in Aug / Sept / Oct has left me a bit tired & deaf at times............

it's hardly a witch-hunt though' date=' is it?

personally, i was a bit pissed off at someone trying to draw us into some half-arsed viral marketing rather than posting a positive message on the subject & letting it develop. As you say - post constructively, or not at all.

[/quote']

Fair point I'd say. Considering the band's website simultaneously provided a link to this very thread saying 'read reviews here!', I'd say it's clear something was up, whoever was responsible, which did feel a bit like we were being 'used'. But the link has now gone, and I don't think they'll try that one again, so let's leave it at that and get on with some genuine helpful feedback.

So having an opinion is frowned apon on this site now? The post you reffered to said 'why don't people get off their arses and come and see us' Ollie clearly said he had and put forward an opinion that im sure many more on this site would agree with, secretly.I've seen them too and would completely agree with his opinion. Can't see anything constructive about telling Eskimo Blond their a great band when they are obviusly some stupid Pub-MOR band that the rest of the country would laugh at even Texas fans. Its obvious from the first post that a member of the band wrote that! Three posts are almost identical in style this coming from accounts that were set up at similar times and have similar avaitors. It reads like a piece of PR machinary not the genuine response of fans. Check the response of all those guys who went to the gig at Drummonds the other night (EF I think was the name) did they post a load of 'picture the scene the crowds reved-up then bang the band kicked in' crap or did they just go on to say how the band were outstanding and they thought it was a great gig. I personally think its easy to spot a fraudster like this a mile off. But I suppose Aberdeen Journals and the Sunday Show thingy on Northsound will love them!

So having an opinion is frowned apon on this site now?

Not at all. However wading into a thread and saying something is shit without providing any constructive reasons why you think it's shit is. Saying "Eskimo Blonde are shit" is not constructive in any way shape or form and just advances the general opinion that this site is negative and unhelpful. Which we don't want.

Oh Dear

So having an opinion is frowned apon on this site now? The post you reffered to said 'why don't people get off their arses and come and see us' Ollie clearly said he had and put forward an opinion that im sure many more on this site would agree with' date=' secretly.I've seen them too and would completely agree with his opinion. Can't see anything constructive about telling Eskimo Blond their a great band when they are obviusly some stupid Pub-MOR band that the rest of the country would laugh at even Texas fans. Its obvious from the first post that a member of the band wrote that! Three posts are almost identical in style this coming from accounts that were set up at similar times and have similar avaitors. It reads like a piece of PR machinary not the genuine response of fans. Check the response of all those guys who went to the gig at Drummonds the other night (EF I think was the name) did they post a load of 'picture the scene the crowds reved-up then bang the band kicked in' crap or did they just go on to say how the band were outstanding and they thought it was a great gig. I personally think its easy to spot a fraudster like this a mile off. But I suppose Aberdeen Journals and the Sunday Show thingy on Northsound will love them![/quote']

I will break a golden rule of my own and reply to the above thread.

May i take a moment to point out that it was I that added the link to the reviews on this forum on our web page. Again, i assure you that none of the band posted these comments and we don't know who did! We heard there were a couple of good reviews about the night and so linked to them. After the tired old responses further down the thread, i took the link off the site as it would not have reflected well on the local music 'critics' or aberdeen-music.com.

Everyone has their own opinion, however they are always hiding behind the anonymous nature of these forums which is all to easy to do.

The webmaster pointed out above that if you've nothing constructive to say then don't say (or assume) so.

If you search through the forums, you can see the same sad old thread progression all over the place.

1 - I like this band

2 - Hey, I like them too!

3 - I think they're shit!

4 - I agree with 3

5 - I agree with 1 and 2

6 - i am the foremost authority on music and have decided that as i'm 15 with acne, therefore this band are crap.

7 - blah blah blah

8 - blah blah blah

We have never utilised this forum before for any purpose due to the negativity that exists on these boards. The threads that exist relating to Eskimo Blonde have been started by others and we have now seen what the online community can be like we will most certialny not use it for any purpose, which is a shame as it could be a valuable tool for any local band.

Why not offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism - tell bands WHY you don't like them, perhaps offer a reason for your comments rather than "obviusly some stupid Pub-MOR band " as this is YOUR opinion so not OBVIOUS!

For all the people that sit and slag local bands off online, why not come up and tell us face to face after a gig and pass on all your musical experience and guidance / hints tips and lessons / and general slaggings so as we can act on them there and then!!

We hear plently of good comments after gigs, but funnily enough, no one with the balls to say any different! That all appears online.

Aberdeen-Music - you're doing a great job, but i can speak on behalf of several bands by saying you are correct in assuming that we don't want to use these forums for the reasons above. If you are aiming for a general forum for angst ridden teens to vent their hormonal judgements, these buffons are steering you in that direction.

Finally - to Miss Velocity Girl (who's probably a fat 18 year old male) - you quoted "Its obvious from the first post that a member of the band wrote that" - Can you see how wrong you are - you declare your knowledge of subjects you know fu**k all about and turn the threads into bulllsh*t.

Ro

Eskimo Blonde