aberdeen-music

George Burley leaves hearts

Chris

There has been an awful lot of tension between Romanov and Burley... Burley is not the kind of guy to put up with it... Romanov appears to be that more interfering than his footballing c/v should allow fo

Romanov probably thinks he can get some big time hot shot expensive manager anyway....

I just get the feeling that short of financial irregularities, which i d0ont expect, the problem was with Romanov interference with first team matters.. At the end of the day a Chairman/Owner shuld provide resources, but who plays and who arrives at the club are matters for the Manager...

Still quite shocking news... Look forward to the the statement at 6pm...

Rumour is he left because Hearts struck a deal to show games in Lithuania, but they would have to field more Lithuanians in the starting line-up and Burley refused to do this, so Romanov said it was alright cos they have the (former/current) Kaunas manager to take over. He's been spotted around Tynecastle and their training facilities this week.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Burley's been tipped for Aston Villa, and Graeme Souness and Mick McCarthy were spotted at Tynecastle today. Pars still got humped!

The rumour mill grinds on.........

OK, as resident Jambo on the forum...

It absolutely stinks what has happened over the past couple of days. For Romanov to basically buy the club yesterday and (I'd guess) force the manager out today is appalling.

However, the team were immense yet again today. If we can hold the squad together (and that depends on a lot), I still think we'll be first or second come the end of the season. That was a 2-0 going on 5-0, and neither team seemed bothered in the second half (Dunfermline - 'cos the game was clearly beyond them and Hearts - 'cos we could have defended against them all day - except for Pressley).

It looks an awful lot like Romanov has someone lined up, Scala (his first choice closed-season after all) perhaps?