aberdeen-music

LPG over Petrol

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

I like to think that LPG should become the fuel that replaces petrol. Not because of the running costs, but because its proven to be 90% less of a pollutant to the range of petrol's you buy from the pump today.

I'm an avid recycler (even recycled my hallway wallpaper, much to the anger of the refuse collectors i'm sure) and think that this might be the best viable option for fuels to go for the future.

I mean, we all know that this shit wont last long, and like all other fossil fuels, is destined to run out in the near future. But wouldn't it be a good idea to impose a stringent policy for a changeover to occur between now and , say, 2012. At least then, when the fuel does run out, not only will we have dramatically reduced dangerous toxins in the air, but there won't be such an overwhelming atmosphere repair operation in place when a viable alternative fuel does eventually become available.

What do you think?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Its the cost that stops most people I think. I'm a good example - I really want to get the conversion but, because of the age of my car and the mileage(84000), it wouldn't be worth it. Besides its about 2000 or something if your car exceeds a certain age.

Surely the older the car is, the higher the grant awarded - A car will only get worse with age and the toxins will be harder to control.

Guest onlynik
Its the cost that stops most people I think. I'm a good example - I really want to get the conversion but' date=' because of the age of my car and the mileage(84000), it wouldn't be worth it. Besides its about 2000 or something if your car exceeds a certain age.

Surely the older the car is, the higher the grant awarded - A car will only get worse with age and the toxins will be harder to control.[/quote']

That'll be why we have emission testing in the MOT then.

ANyhow LPG is only cheap because the duty on the fuel is less, and that its a by product on producin gpetrol. A better option would be vege/ bio diesel which doesn't introduce any mor co2 into the atmosphere.

LPG vehicles aren't allowed on car ferries, cos the fuel is deemed to explosive.

the issue of sustainability comes down to what it costs to make the fuel. for example, i'm pretty sure that the process of making bio diesel actually uses more than the refining of diesel instead, meaning that even if it is less polluting and more economic for the end user, it has already increased pollution by its production alone. it's all a complicated matter.

hydrogen fuel cell technology is flying along with most major car companies having running prototypes. That is most likely to become the new power plant for cars, lorries etc

So i reckon countries should all build new nuclear power stations to electrolyse water to gain the hydrogen required. (this hydrogen can also power home heating systems)

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Yeah, I know.. But its on the big scheme of things now so I think until things like Hydrogen Cell and Bio Disel catch up, it'd be a good temporary measure. Otherwise, all the hicks to the West are gonna be saying "If this gasoline waz good enuf for my pappa and his pappa, then its good enuf fr me!"

anyhow the planet is well fucked up by the massive increase in cheap plane travel

its amazing that the 50/40/30& 20 year olds have managed to do soo much damage

to planer earth in soo little time. the yonger people reading this will know we are all in the shit when they have car/plane quotas, but by then the severe degradation we have all caused will probably take too long to reverse.

"the clensing"

Guest pop-notmyface

yeah, we are all fucked anyway. we might as well get burned out and stop making babies so that there will be no future generations who will have to worry about our problems.

yeah, let's burn out, baby... burn out......