aberdeen-music

Terror, The Blacklisted, Donny Brook & Today We Fight! Only Scottish Date!

Jamesy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best hardcore gig I've been to. I was kind of going off hardcore until I saw With Honor last week who were amazing. Tonight there was way too many macho idiots wo made it hard for anyone to have fun down the front.

"Tell everyone who know I got too much rhtyhm to waste on acting macho" - Fig 4.0

"Windmill, kickbox, another kid down, learn to move to the back of the crowd" -HHH

So aye you windmill fuckwit crew kinda ruined the evening.

Today We Fight! were awesome though, they play intelligent hardcore with lyrics actually worth listening to.

Not the best hardcore gig I've been to. I was kind of going off hardcore until I saw With Honor last week who were amazing. Tonight there was way too many macho idiots wo made it hard for anyone to have fun down the front.

"Tell everyone who know I got too much rhtyhm to waste on acting macho" - Fig 4.0

"Windmill' date=' kickbox, another kid down, learn to move to the back of the crowd" -HHH

So aye you windmill fuckwit crew kinda ruined the evening.

Today We Fight! were awesome though, they play intelligent hardcore with lyrics actually worth listening to.[/quote']

I'm sick of this fucking nae saying crap.

Kirk, your a good guy (from what I know of you) but saying that shit sucks badly.

People dance differently, you got to respect that.

I don't particularly like fat sweaty men with long hair barging in to me with no top on when Im down the front either but If I want to be down the front at a metal show I've got to deal with it.

I dont like punks skakning into me either, but again If im down the front and its going on, I have to deal with it, or go stand at the back.

From what I could see it was all kosher.

No-one was trying to hurt anyone, there were loads of folk NOT from glasgow all dancing and having a good time.....it was all in good humour, so why have you got to say shit like "glasgow kids ruined the night?"

For me, they pretty much made the show (all bias aside), they were the ones on stage grabbing the mic, singing along, and having fun.

I thought the show was particularly good natured, maybe aberdeen kids are not used to seeing people getting intensely into a band like that? I've no idea.

I really don't get where people are getting "macho posteuring" from either? I mean the dancing looks violent but its nothing to do with being macho....

Im sure if I said something along the lines of "there was too much faggy posteuring last night" I'd be getting fucking PELTERS, being called a "homophobe" and all sorts. Saying shit like that with no balls/explanation behind it is really shit.

I would have expected better.

Like they say, if you can't take the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen.

I read the stuff on the MMW forums aswell - Since im not a member on there and don't really want to start a flame war I'm not going to register to reply to all of it.

Thats cool that a few guys didnt like us, can't please everyone, you know? Can take a bit of critism aswell, no problem, but when theres guys saying we are "macho" and our guitarists "a ned" then I think your really taking it a bit far.

If playing the style of music we love is "Macho" because its slow or whatever then fuck me with a stick. We stick to playing stuff that is aurally pleasing to ourselves. Deal with it. If you don't like it then thats cool, I don't play music to please other people, we do it for ourselves, and hope theres people out there that share the same taste.

We aren't trying to be macho, and don't have macho attitudes. We work hard at what we do and thats that. Theres no "posteuring" or bullshit, we are nice guys and Im sure if you ask anyone thats had a "proper" experiance of speaking to us they will tell you the same.

Also, Last time I checked, wearing a New Era Bucket Cap didnt make you a non-educated delinquint(sp? whatever). I don't know what neds are like up in aberdeen, but down here its more than just a dress sense, its a fucking mentality and the way you act.

Bit fucking ridiculous slating someone as being a NED for no real reason other than their "accent" and their hat....

He's been one of my best mates for years and Ill defend the dude to the ends of the earth.

No-one that was there tried to start any fights this time or last time we played the moorings bar. (to the dude that said they saw us last time, Cloud or whatever? - we brought NOONE with us. The only people that came with us were The Fight Back (from falkirk) and some of their friends, who are probably the least neddiest bunch of lads I know!, so I really don't know how you've got came to the conclusion that we brought neds to the show to start fights with people). There is no "crew" or gang from Glasgow. There is a bunch of hardcore bands from glasgow. Glasgow Harcore (GHC). It could easily be EHC (edinburgh hardcore) or anything else depending on where you are from. No gangs, no bullshit.

ANYWAY -

I had a good night.

Bit gutted I missed Today We Fight, but shit happens (Drummer & bus problems). Ill catch em again soon hopefully.

Blacklisted - Well dissapointed. Amazing on record, but didnt do it for me live.

Donnybrook - really suprised me! Dont like them that much on record but live they had to going on.

Terror - All accusations and "bullshit gossip" aside, they are a tight ass live band, and no doubt work hard at what they do. Their music is fast, hard and intense. The way hardcore should be.

Good night all in all, cheers to Jamesy for the show, it was a pleasure. and cheers to JimTWF for the help with everything.

Sorry for the rant, if I offended anyone, or anyone has a problem with what Im saying, feel free to drop me a PM/Email whatever...or speak to me the next time you see us.

Later.

I read the stuff on the MMW forums aswell - Since im not a member on there and don't really want to start a flame war I'm not going to register to reply to all of it.

Thats cool that a few guys didnt like us' date=' can't please everyone, you know? Can take a bit of critism aswell, no problem, but when theres guys saying we are "macho" and our guitarists "a ned" then I think your really taking it a bit far.

If playing the style of music we love is "Macho" because its slow or whatever then fuck me with a stick. We stick to playing stuff that is aurally pleasing to ourselves. Deal with it. If you don't like it then thats cool, I don't play music to please other people, we do it for ourselves, and hope theres people out there that share the same taste.

We aren't trying to be macho, and don't have macho attitudes. We work hard at what we do and thats that. Theres no "posteuring" or bullshit, we are nice guys and Im sure if you ask anyone thats had a "proper" experiance of speaking to us they will tell you the same.

Also, Last time I checked, wearing a New Era Bucket Cap didnt make you a non-educated delinquint(sp? whatever). I don't know what neds are like up in aberdeen, but down here its more than just a dress sense, its a fucking mentality and the way you act.

Bit fucking ridiculous slating someone as being a NED for no real reason other than their "accent" and their hat....

He's been one of my best mates for years and Ill defend the dude to the ends of the earth.

[/quote']

I wouldn't've said you guys were Neds, and yeah you probably are all 'nice guys' most people are when you actually take the time to get to know them to be honest.

To be perfectly honest though i thought you guys were pretty shit BUT there were a few interesting riffs etc

I'm glad you guys play music for yourselves and because you like the style of music you play, i respect you for that. I just didn't like it.

Now as for the GHC or whatever they call themselves goes, i just don't understand the point. In the states the guys who wanna do all the kick-ass moves (and lets face it some of the stuff your friends were doing was pretty cool) stay at the back and 'dance' to the music without colliding with the crowd. The folks who wanna actually watch the bands get up in the front, lets face it you can't actually watch a band while you're dancing like that now can you?

For those of us who've lived with Hardcore/Metal/Punk for a good 15 years of our lives to see kids behaving like that at a show disrespecting other paying members of the crowd who generally just want to enjoy seeing the bands they paid to see makes me, in particular, sick. And believe me the whole 'stay outta the kitchen' nonsense won't cut it. I personally can more than keep up with those boys but choose not to because i just wanna appreciate the music these days. That doesn't mean i appreciate having some gobby little runt flailing his arms in my face when i'm standing in an area that i deem far enough from the pit to be safe and let the guys dancing have their room.

There is such a thing in the hardcore community called 'Hardcore Ettiquette' i really suggest that you get the guys who came up from Glasgow and the surrounding areas to check it out.

After all Hardcore's main principals include Respect and Harmony, so why are there so many people fighting against these ideals these days?

:down:

I wouldn't've said you guys were Neds' date=' and yeah you probably are all 'nice guys' most people are when you actually take the time to get to know them to be honest.

To be perfectly honest though i thought you guys were pretty shit BUT there were a few interesting riffs etc

I'm glad you guys play music for yourselves and because you like the style of music you play, i respect you for that. I just didn't like it. [/quote']

Which, like I already said, is absolutely fair game.

I've no problem whatsoever with folks not liking us. Its the way it goes.

The problem I had is the barrage or abuse, folk being called neds and shit like that.

No need.

Now as for the GHC or whatever they call themselves goes, i just don't understand the point. In the states the guys who wanna do all the kick-ass moves (and lets face it some of the stuff your friends were doing was pretty cool) stay at the back and 'dance' to the music without colliding with the crowd. The folks who wanna actually watch the bands get up in the front, lets face it you can't actually watch a band while you're dancing like that now can you?

Like I say, the people that were with us aren't called "GHC"..

No-one is. All it is, is a shortning of the term "Glasgow Hardcore" nothing else mate.

Which is a style of music, from glasgow!

You get me?

Theres no gang, and no bunch of people.

I didn't see anyone INTENTIONALLY doing it into other people, or going out the way too hurt other people all night. So I really don't see the problem.

If theres people "belly moshing" and barging into other people, then I dont have a problem with that either, If I dont want pushed Ill move away.

For those of us who've lived with Hardcore/Metal/Punk for a good 15 years of our lives to see kids behaving like that at a show disrespecting other paying members of the crowd who generally just want to enjoy seeing the bands they paid to see makes me, in particular, sick. And believe me the whole 'stay outta the kitchen' nonsense won't cut it. I personally can more than keep up with those boys but choose not to because i just wanna appreciate the music these days. That doesn't mean i appreciate having some gobby little runt flailing his arms in my face when i'm standing in an area that i deem far enough from the pit to be safe and let the guys dancing have their room.

Again, what I'm saying is, I didn't see anyone "disrespecting" anyone.

If you got hit, or banged into, then cool, whatever - then surely you will know yourself, what with going to shows for 15 years, that people do get banged into

If people are going all out to INJURE someone, then thats absolutely bang out of order, but I didn't see anything of the sort myself.

Let me ask you this would, would you have the same problem with these idiots if they were belly bashing and running into each other, trying to knock each other into the ground, and one of them invaded your "space" by banging into you?

If a pit breaks out near me, and all I want to do is sit and watch the band, although Id LOVE to keep standing where Iam, and have paid for the "right" to do so, I'm not going to cry about it, Im just going to get on with it and move away. Thats just me personally.

There is such a thing in the hardcore community called 'Hardcore Ettiquette' i really suggest that you get the guys who came up from Glasgow and the surrounding areas to check it out.

What is there a book on that now? ?(?( :rolleyes:

MY ettiquette, is the same as it has always been.

If your hit someone by accident, or you hit em/bang into em whatever, i will aplogise and pick them up and get on with it.

If I get hit im not going to cry but an apology would be nice.

If I dont like it I will move away.

I try and show respect, and hope that it is reciprocal.

If theres younger/smaller people in there, I will try and watch out for them as best I can.

If they see how mad its getting but want to keep going ill still look out for them but they are there by choice, and Im not going to stop dancing enjoying myself, because younger people are there. Like I say I will watch out for them too.

After all Hardcore's main principals include Respect and Harmony, so why are there so many people fighting against these ideals these days?

:down:

I can't really comment on that, because I'm not one of them.

But whatever.

Anyway, this was a bit of a tangent.

My problem was with the comments about "neds" and over the top shit like that.

As I say, thanks for listening to us, if you don't like it then its no skin off our teeth, but if you enjoyed it it would be nice to hear about that too.

:)

From what I saw the crowd seemed fairly good natured. I was only down the front for Terror but I didn't see anyone getting hurt or acting overly aggressive. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Which is what I say.

All in all from my view it was pretty harmonious

There was punks/metallers/hardcore kids all having a good time, and showing a bit of respect for one and other.

Anyone that went down was picked up and everyone carried on.

if you stand and watch the band then the gig is shite cos of poor crowd interactions and your branded 'poser' or some shit.

if you get involved down the front and have a bit of a boogy then your a hooligan and have ruined the gig.

i must say, i was down the front for a while and got headbutted by a friend but it was an accident and it was all cool. the dancing wasnt that mad or violent as it is at any other 'punk' or 'ska' ive been to here in the deen. people are just hating too much. i personally enjoyed myself even if i was a bit boozy.

cannae win...

Guest Phantomsmasher
if you stand and watch the band then the gig is shite cos of poor crowd interactions and your branded 'poser' or some shit.

if you get involved down the front and have a bit of a boogy then your a hooligan and have ruined the gig.

Sounds just like every other moshulu gig that has 'heavy' bands come to it. That place seems to create the worst atmosphere's for gigs in Aberdeen. (See: the Cult of Luna and Bleeding Through gig)

nice little comment from thu' date=' no need what so ever and also just made your self look like a cock:down:[/quote']actually, i was planning on going to this. see www.undergroundscene.co.uk forums for evidence. so the comment is not totally random.

but i didnt, for one reason or another, and after reading about peple being cocks, I'm glad I didnt, due to me over the last few months talking about people being dicks at moshulu gigs. i dont know what it is, but people seem to be dicks at moshulu gigs.

I thin alot of things that were said in here and on the MMW forums about BMH were said and they didnt expect for a second that anyone BMH would read it, and now they regret sayng it. Well thats just stupid.

Myler is a nice guy, but I dont like his band, and I'm pretty sure Ive said that to his face. Im pretty sure he also bought me a drink after I said it to him. I cant remember, I was really drunk, all I remember was "Jagermeister". And I wouldnt call any of them neds. Cos they're not. SImple as.

So whatever. Call me a cock for my comment all you want. At least I'm not a unhonest twat.

now fuck off.

Guest Fright Night

wise up thurazzzzzz, you sounding like a prick, theres no need for that. chi just thought that it was another random ass comment from you "simple as". so stop crying like a little bitch.

so who was being a dick at the moshulu? i was there the whole night i everyone seemed nice, i really enjoyed it and the people that comment on how shit the crowd was, are the people they comment on. HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!

you seem to care more about the crowd than the band.

"after reading about people being cocks im glad i dident" i mean how sad can you get??

you think you know so much.

I have a question...

If you are at a ''Hardcore'' gig and some wee twat hits you in the face, and i mean hits you hard, with his 'hardcore windmill seez a spin kick dancing' shite is it ok to smack them in the face back?

If not, why not?

Why pretend to be hitting someone? To me its seems foolish.

Latley i have noticed that the people taking part in 'hardcore' dancing are the people who care most about keeping there clothes clean and hair looking 'cool'.

At the Desalvo gig when WSBB were on the tight jean guys done nothing but stand there and not move/speak. There was no interaction with the band they were obviously there to see. But Maxi, Teabags etc were dancing, human pyamids etc and they were accused of taking the piss because they wernt spin fliping.

Everyon who was interacting with the band had a great time.

Why can all gigs be this way? Everyone interacting and having fun.

I have a question...

If you are at a ''Hardcore'' gig and some wee twat hits you in the face' date=' and i mean hits you hard, with his 'hardcore windmill seez a spin kick dancing' shite is it ok to smack them in the face back?

If not, why not?

Latley i have noticed that the people taking part in 'hardcore' dancing are the people who care most about keeping there clothes clean and hair looking 'cool'.

At the Desalvo gig when WSBB were on the tight jean guys done nothing but stand there and not move/speak. There was no interaction with the band they were obviously there to see. But Maxi, Teabags etc were dancing, human pyamids etc and they were accused of taking the piss because they wernt spin fliping.

Why can all gigs be this way? Everyone interacting and having fun.[/quote']

Exactly. I use the Smackdown in gig in November as a prime example of how a gig should be. Pyramids, crowd surfing, leapfrogs, wall of deaths. There was no fists or kicks flying, everyone was just having a laugh.

I have a question...

If you are at a ''Hardcore'' gig and some wee twat hits you in the face' date=' and i mean hits you hard, with his 'hardcore windmill seez a spin kick dancing' shite is it ok to smack them in the face back?

If not, why not?

:popcorn: I aint going to speak for the other guys but at a gig i like let loose,drink some beer and have a good time ... its obvious the "tight jean folk" are more watching the band and looking at what clothes line they are wearing so they can go and purchase foresaid clothes line in hopes of oneday being able to like their favorite band.

p.s if you have a problem with my opinions , put your concern onto paper and proceed to wrap paper around your finger tips and stick the fingers up ones asshole.

I have a question...

If not, why not?

some little windmill fuck cracked me in the nose (and it fuckin hurt) so i punched him in the back of the head, he fell, i laugh.

was that wrong of me??

Guest five years
its obvious the "tight jean folk" are more watching the band and looking at what clothes line they are wearing so they can go and purchase foresaid clothes line in hopes of oneday being able to like their favorite band.

obvious...from someone that wasn't there...YAAAAAAAAS hooray for the power of free speech / wankerdom. that could be / and possibly is the most retarded thing i've ever read...and more to the point, this was a VERY "unscene" show. which was a good thing. only counted maybe 5 "tight jean folk haircuts"...:)

but i guess i'll be off to write it on paper or whatever that shite at the end of your post was on about.