aberdeen-music

fave videogame music of all time?

betweendreams

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
Mass Effect has an awesome soundtrack. I'm listening to the sequel's right now. Not as good, recycles a lot of themes from the original. Check how dark this is (from the original):

Like John Carpenter but much much more so!

Cool thread BTW, thought it was worthy of a bump.

Yeah, it's VERY John Carpenter inspired. No shit, John Carpenter's squealchy synth bass is incredible. I also hear a bit of Vangelis in there, some cool swooping pitch-bends.

Mass Effect has an awesome soundtrack. I'm listening to the sequel's right now. Not as good, recycles a lot of themes from the original. Check how dark this is (from the original):

Like John Carpenter but much much more so!

Cool thread BTW, thought it was worthy of a bump.

Yasss!

I'll second the Cannon Fodder theme!

Here's the main theme off of the Interstate '76 soundtrack:

YouTube - Interstate '76 - Interstate '76 Theme

It's hard to believe that Arion Salazar from Third Eye Blind and Brian Mantia who played drums with Primus are responsible for this amazing music.

I don't know who they are but that track is a winner :up:

I'm trying to think about what my favourite Amiga game track would be but it's been a while and there's so many... but this:

YouTube - R-Type (Amiga) Music - Intro

Is ace :up:

Turrican 2 is my favourite original game music

All the Turrican soundtracks are great - Chris Hlsbeck did the soundtrack for all of them.

One CD I have been trying to find for ages is an arrangement album of the Turrican 1-3 soundtrack. I have a album with all the original C64 versions on it, but the track this is from is quite rare I think:

All the Turrican soundtracks are great - Chris Hlsbeck did the soundtrack for all of them.

One CD I have been trying to find for ages is an arrangement album of the Turrican 1-3 soundtrack. I have a album with all the original C64 versions on it, but the track this is from is quite rare I think:

That doesn't sound like a chiptune. Did #3 get a CDTV release? I poked around Google a little but I couldn't find any info.

Thanks for the find, however I already have it on my computer - I just prefer to actually own it :p I am keeping an eye out though.

Ah, how can I forget to even mention this:

I should probably stop spamming links. There's just so many amazing video game soundtracks out there.

That's a game I need to get on.

You could try his website at www.huelsbeck.com - Chris Huelsbeck Productions

And I feel like I'm spamming this website with links constantly, but it also makes me feel like someone who recognises the value of youtube and the timesaving I can afford the casual browser. :up:

And it's nothing compared to the stupid smilies pointless2.gif