aberdeen-music

Artic Monkeys Midweek No.1

Larsen B

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

terrible name. i wil never listen to a band with 'monkey' or 'monkeys' in their name. monkey is as hilarious a word as 'cheese'. a humourous substance, for tossers maybe. besides which, i have heard a few seconds of their song and it was pure and unadulterated gash

They have the potential to be absolutely huge - their appeal goes right across the spectrum, it seems. They are the first 'NME' band I've heard in many that makes me feel the way I used to over bands. I thought I'd lost that enthusiasm, but when I heard 'Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts' I was fifteen again, listening to The Wedding Present for the first time. Good luck to them - I hope they can fulfil their massive potential.

terrible name. i wil never listen to a band with 'monkey' or 'monkeys' in their name. monkey is as hilarious a word as 'cheese'. a humourous substance' date=' for tossers maybe. besides which, i have heard a few seconds of their song and it was pure and unadulterated gash[/quote']

fuck off

Dave Milne pointed out to me last night that NME won't actually have had them on the cover until after they've been at number 1.

NME falling behind the times he pondered? Hmmmm...

falling EVEN FURTHER behind the times you mean? shocking

NME is a bandwagon rag, and only catches onto stuff around the same that Heat and Breakfast Television do....but slightly before Joe Wylie....

Im not a fan of NME, for the fact that they bring some really good bands into the limelight which brings little teenyboppers liking them for the sake of it! But anyhoo i can't deny im a big fan of the monkeys and thier ability to tell a story through thier songs. Im going to see them at edinburgh tonight woo![/quote

i am probobly the sort of person you are refering to here when you say 'little teeny bopper'. but though we are young we can make informed decisions in what music we like.we dont all copy what our friends like and slowly but surley we are learning to develop our own musical tastes.for example most of my friends like the arctic monkeys but i dont.no copying there...and i read nme and they tell me i should like it.hmm its very odd...some of us even know quite a bit about music..even more so than some adults.im sorry about this sarcastic reply but it does get quite tiresome when you here over and over that all teens are bandwagon jumpers and confused emos.

terrible name. i wil never listen to a band with 'monkey' or 'monkeys' in their name. monkey is as hilarious a word as 'cheese'. a humourous substance' date=' for tossers maybe. besides which, i have heard a few seconds of their song and it was pure and unadulterated gash[/quote']

im not gonna listen to any bands that have numbers in their name lol

Would you listen to a band called The Child Molestors? It's just the same thing but on a less extreme level.

i think the point your making is dumb. I bet you would listen to a band called The Child Molestors just so you could hear what they're like. Unless you were molesated as a child.

The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster is a silly name but they are a great band.

Guest bluesxman
You've got to question the mentally of anyone who would call a band Part Chimp.

Is it not referring to our close link to apes? I think it's a great name. And also gave them the opportunity to call their first album Chart Pimp. Which is also great.

Anyway, Arctic Monkeys aren't impressing me at all so far. Neither are Test Icicles, they just sound like an amalgamation of Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party. And neither of them are as good as everyone raves on about either.