aberdeen-music

Best/ worst ways to finish with someone

*Lucy*

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres one to top them all, true story, and worst of all it actually happened to me ;( : i got dumped through a txt 5 days before valentines day while at school, then after bout 8 months i met someone new that i really liked but found out that my ex had cheated on me with this new person while we were still going out, in the toilets of moshulu, on a night that i was there. ;( so dont worry people, theres always someone worse off. x

• 1 month later...
Guest Jake Wifebeater

My best break up: was with a girl for 5 years and I did love her. Shit started going wrong in her life and OF COURSE it was MY fault. She kept saying " I think we should split up" as a threat to me more than anything else. When she said it the next time, I calmly agreed. Her face! So she said " Right................OK.........FINE!" and that was that. I helped her move her stuff out, bought out her share of the mortgage and in general was as pleasant and helpful as possible because I knew that would annoy the fuck out of her. It did! A month later she phoned up to tell me she was moving to England and "thanks for nothing, bye." She really cheapened herself by doing that. She always wanted to have kids so lucky escape. Easy to say now, it took me 14 months to get over it.

Worst: was having a fling with someone 5 years older than me. Didn't find her attractive, just fancied the sexual shooting practice, what a cunt I was,eh? Told her in the Mudd that "I can't be fucked with this" as she was a bit of a drama queen. She said there was nothing to break up, we weren't going out, as it were. But she didn't go away! She sat beside me, saying nothing and generally spooking the shit out of me. I thought "Fuck this, how can I try and pull with this bison sitting next to me?" So I tactfully and politely said "Look, why don't you just fuck off, you stupid cow?" She then said I was only doing this to look good in front of my mates! Christ, she just wasn't getting it! So I said, "Look, you're a fucking nightmare, you're fucking mental and you're a fucking boot as well". She finally took the hint. But that was 8 years ago and now I'm lovely.

Originally posted by Jakey Spike Boy:

My best break up: was with a girl for 5 years and I did love her. Shit started going wrong in her life and OF COURSE it was MY fault. She kept saying " I think we should split up" as a threat to me more than anything else. When she said it the next time, I calmly agreed. Her face! So she said " Right................OK.........FINE!" and that was that. I helped her move her stuff out, bought out her share of the mortgage and in general was as pleasant and helpful as possible because I knew that would annoy the fuck out of her. It did! A month later she phoned up to tell me she was moving to England and "thanks for nothing, bye." She really cheapened herself by doing that. She always wanted to have kids so lucky escape. Easy to say now, it took me 14 months to get over it.

Worst: was having a fling with someone 5 years older than me. Didn't find her attractive, just fancied the sexual shooting practice, what a cunt I was,eh? Told her in the Mudd that "I can't be fucked with this" as she was a bit of a drama queen. She said there was nothing to break up, we weren't going out, as it were. But she didn't go away! She sat beside me, saying nothing and generally spooking the shit out of me. I thought "Fuck this, how can I try and pull with this bison sitting next to me?" So I tactfully and politely said "Look, why don't you just fuck off, you stupid cow?" She then said I was only doing this to look good in front of my mates! Christ, she just wasn't getting it! So I said, "Look, you're a fucking nightmare, you're fucking mental and you're a fucking boot as well". She finally took the hint. But that was 8 years ago and now I'm lovely.

You have a way with words!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Originally posted by *Lucy*:

Quite a gentleman jakey ;)

Only jokin!

I was only 20! I've changed and am now a lovely, respectful, attentive and loving chap when I'm with someone. Honest!

Guest phoenix_down
Originally posted by Jakey Spike Boy:

probably one of the greatest stories ive ever heard!lol. classic!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Originally posted by *Lucy*:

yeah, course. only decent people actually take the time to write letters!

Handwritten letters really do it for you, don't they?

heard the best one the other day, friend of a friend was going to mcdonalds drive in for a mcflurry with her mate and sees her boyfriend in hi car with another girll. phones him up really calmly and asks how he is, what he's up to, and he tells her he's in the car with dave and jim (or someone) so she drives up to the car and he undoes the window and she throws the mcflurry in his window and it goes all overthe two of them and the car.

(ok it sounded better before but i'm tired)

Worst break-up:

He told me his Dad died. I wasn't sure to believe it or not, ends up it was true. I felt really bad, then 6 months down the line we got back together (awww!) but fret not, we broke up again. Still friends though.

Which leads on to the worst break-up thing I've done.

Acted weird for a while, then sent a text, got a reply then phoned. The text was the feared "we need to talk, reply when it's convenient for you and I'll phone. - Sharon". Then there was a big scary long phone call.

I'm usually a phone call person, or letters, have had emails, texts and the best yet... reading it on his blog. That was class, loads of people knew before me, said blog included graphic detail of how he didnt feel bad about cheating on me etc. Lovely.

Never get your mates to do it. Cheating also isn't the way, just tell them: Be it face to face (also done that, not easy... I think my eye contact possibly added up tp about 3 seconds and eye contact with shoes 15 minutes) or by phone call. They are my personal favoured methods.

I hate that phrase, "favoured methods" it makes me sound like a serial dumper... :(

I've never ended a relationship...dunno if that means I'm too nice/scared or if it just means no one wants to be with me...But I've been dumped so nicely...text messages, cheating, all the good stuff.

Break ups should be face to face. It's the only sincere way. If you talk, hug and agree on things, it's the best way by far. You can still be friends and not feel awkward or have one person feeling bitter or uncomfortable because of the way the relationship was ended.

And cheating is utterly unforgivable. If you're with someone, you should be with that person because you only want them. I have never and could never cheat on someone even if I was just waiting for an opportunity to end the relationship. It's so selfish, thoughtless and completely wrong.

Originally posted by Queen Kong:

And cheating is utterly unforgivable. If you're with someone, you should be with that person because you only want them. I have never and could never cheat on someone even if I was just waiting for an opportunity to end the relationship. It's so selfish, thoughtless and completely wrong.

Agreed.

Cheating is evil. Never done it. Never plan to.