aberdeen-music

Best/ worst ways to finish with someone

*Lucy*

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wost: over txt with no real reason,,,,just a load of shite really.....and then never bothering to tell u what really went on.leaving them totally miffed at what the hell happend in the last week! 'u werent what i hoped for'. like u werent even worth a phone call to explain things....whatever! im not bitter! heehe nah its all good! glad i found out then what a dick he could be instead of futher down the line when i fell for that act even more! shame cuz i did really like him and thought we totally had an ace time together. oh well!

best: spend alot of time with the person chatting about things...going out for a bit and chilling,,,,just really taking it easy and chatting about how both of u feel and what u want in a relationship. having that undestanding that even tho u arnt going to be together in that sence u still love each other to bits.

xxx

Guest RomanChoke

The best way to finish with them is if they suddenly die I'd say. That way there's no awkward moments when you see them in public as their 6 feet under. Sadly this doesn't always work out but it's the best way.

The other day stu gilman told me how his ex had phoned him recently and he did not want to speak to her, so he pretended to be his dad and told her that he (stu) had been killed in a car accident.

Originally posted by The Dark Knight:

what are you on about?

I was talking about trying to work things through and you're just changing the subject.

Sure you can have long deep conversations where you express your true feelings if it's a relationship. But this has nothing to do with my post.

sorry....but why bother?

i wasn't changing the subject because if you had those deep conversations anyway then there may be no reason to think about breaking up...there would be less problems if the two people in the relationship were being totally honest about all their feelings all the time.

It was relevent.

Guest pop-notmyface

texting someone to say that youre breaking up is the best way of showing how much you care.

you avoid all the hassle of a 1-to-1 justifcation session and can worry about more important things in life such as how many tins of baked beans are left in the cupboard. simple.

How about bein told that the other person ' can't do this any more' because they have another boyfriend. And bein cool with that cos they say they need some time to think things over. Then two hours later on belmont street see them walking hand in hand with another guy! Then bein so distraught that you can't think what to do. And then you try and find out why she would do this to you, but all she says is she can't be bothered explaining herself to you! As if its non of your business even though she dumped on you from a great height, ripped your still beating heart from your chest and held it infront of your face jus so you can see how black it is before you die!!!

But i'm not bitter she knows i think she's the most amazing girl in the world1 She jus doesn't feel the same way about me. It jus seems like quite a wierd way to get over the fact that you've cheated on your boyfriend, by cheating on him with a new guy!

But as she says 'everyone goes through shit in their lives, you just gotta be strong'! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

Best advice i ever had "never trust a vegitarian, its like a mental disorder or some shit Jamie" thanks julie your a star!

How to get over being dumped=listen to this vandals song (my girlfriends dead):

I once had a girlfriend,

But then one day she dumped me and everywhere

I'd go people would ask me where she was.

But I don't want to talk about her.

But someone always asks about her.

So I tell them all my girlfriend's dead.

I say it's leukemia or sometimes bulimia

Or a great big truck ran her over

And chopped off her head.

But I dont' want to talk about her.

So I tell them all my girlfriend's dead.

I guess there's a part of me that likes the sympathy

Or the looks on their faces when I tell them how

She passed away.

But I dont' want to talk about her.

So I tell them all she's dead.

My girlfriends dead you see,

It's a total lie-but it's easier on me

Than having to admit she like's someone else.

My girlfriends dead you know,

Please change the subject or I am going to go

Jump off a building and join her in heaven.

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by sludge:

texts are ok if the girl is a complete pyscho or timmy.

the hardest thing ive ever done was split up with my girlfriend face to face. its awfull.

awwww and completing streets of rage on 1 player.

Dude, you should have played as Blaze,

The best way to dump someone is to punch away or their bullets and try and do as many throws moves as possible...

...or was that how to beat Mr X? Whatever, just kick her in the taco until it's blue.

Rejection is one of the worst feelings in the world. You can better articulate the reasons and suchlike face to face, but if you're on the receiving end then you'll feel supershit regardless of how it's done. I've only been the dumper once, and that was a hard, hard thing to do, but I did it face to face (she was practically living with me at the time). I didn't see or hear from her for months and months after she finally went, but I've seen her a few times of late and we've been friendly enough. Being the dumpee is tough too, you kinda end up trying to be just friends, but secretly hope to change their mind again. If it's definately over, then a clean break and time apart to just deal with it is least painful and best overall. Given a month or two, outlooks change and you can maybe ressurect the friendship.

On cheating, I think that's a show-stopper for me. If you really cared about a person, then you'd never do it. The "grass is greener" syndrome is always going to hit you now and again, and I'll admit there's been a couple of times I've had an opportunity to cheat/stray, but I've always thought to myself 1) How do I feel about my girlf and 2) How would I feel if she did it to me. The answers to those questions have always made it easy for me to turn down the chance and help know how I feel about my girlfriend. If you cheat on someone then you obviously don't think that much of them, and certainly not enough to be going out with them. Taking someone back who has done this also seems pretty pointless to me.

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Rob Karloff:

Rejection is one of the worst feelings in the world. You can better articulate the reasons and suchlike face to face, but if you're on the receiving end then you'll feel supershit regardless of how it's done. I've only been the dumper once, and that was a hard, hard thing to do, but I did it face to face (she was practically living with me at the time). I didn't see or hear from her for months and months after she finally went, but I've seen her a few times of late and we've been friendly enough. Being the dumpee is tough too, you kinda end up trying to be just friends, but secretly hope to change their mind again. If it's definately over, then a clean break and time apart to just deal with it is least painful and best overall. Given a month or two, outlooks change and you can maybe ressurect the friendship.

On cheating, I think that's a show-stopper for me. If you really cared about a person, then you'd never do it. The "grass is greener" syndrome is always going to hit you now and again, and I'll admit there's been a couple of times I've had an opportunity to cheat/stray, but I've always thought to myself 1) How do I feel about my girlf and 2) How would I feel if she did it to me. The answers to those questions have always made it easy for me to turn down the chance and help know how I feel about my girlfriend. If you cheat on someone then you obviously don't think that much of them, and certainly not enough to be going out with them. Taking someone back who has done this also seems pretty pointless to me.

absolutely superb and spot on!

Originally posted by pop-notmyface:

texting someone to say that youre breaking up is the best way of showing how much you care.

you avoid all the hassle of a 1-to-1 justifcation session and can worry about more important things in life such as how many tins of baked beans are left in the cupboard. simple.

See what I mean?

Originally posted by sludge:

best way of getting over it = jak off. then eat pizza and watch wrestling.

the only way....something about a greased up bodybuilder beat the shit out of an alcoholic redneck at 11 o'clock in the morning that just helps the process of getting over someone.....

oh and the very worst way of "breaking up" with someone is by ignoring them and the situation in the hope that everything will work itself out and you can go back to the way things were a couple of months before...it wont.....believe me no one wins in that situation......that said im sure a 12 year old could work that one out.....

Having it put on a website that your boyfriend wants to break up is the worst way I'd say... wasn't done to me, was one of my friends, I really could have killed the guy for it.

Then again my mate once "broke up" with his girlfriend by pulling another girl in front of her... very harsh, but kinda funny at the same time.

Worst I've probably done is by email.

The best way is probably face to face...

Guest Scott 5FD

it's hardest to do it face to face, and thats the only way i've broken up with someone.

i've been dumped over MSN, what a joy that was. it aws wierd, i asked her if she was cheating on me, she said no and dumped me coz i didn't trust her. the day after we break up, she tells me she's going out with the guy i thought she was cheating on me with!

what's the deal?