aberdeen-music

The "aye aye" lady

Marillionboy

Mad Maggie on King Street accosted me again the other day. I'm sure we all are aware of her, she hangs about by the cemetary and in a whining voice tends to say things like "aye aye" and "oh boys" as she holds out her hand for ciggy money. She's always immaculately dressed...does anyone know what she's all about. I know she's not the full shilling, jus6t wondered if anyone knew what her life story was, I bet its fascinating!

shes fucking ace. she lives in glamms cottage which is on the corner of merkland st and spital. she regularly stops me to talk, but when i say hello first i get a "fuck off and leave me in peace" which is ace. she once shouted me and my friend over from the other side of the road so we could look in her mouth and see that she had all her teeth taken out, it was a cool site to see. you gotta love muggy. she always seems to be wearing her raincoat with the hood up nowadays, no matter the weather, good on her.

my location is a tribute to muggy.

I'm with Sophie. It's not so good living in the same street as her. She knows that I never stop to talk to her and gives me evil looks every time I see her, which is every day. If an unsuspecting person is sitting in their car on the street, she will actually open their car door or make them turn the window down, and they have no means of politely brushing her off. She's a bit of a menace.

I spent ten years walking up and down King St to work and had many interactions with Maggie. She lives in supported accommodation (Glamis Cottage) and has never been offended if I say 'no I havent got any cash' or 'no I've ran out of fags' - she likes a chat anyway, usually involving how many injections she has now had at Elmfield House or how a taxi driver gave her a 'braw wee purse but she's got nithin' tae pit in it'. She once asked a friend of mine for a cigarette and when he said he didn't have any she said 'here - have one of mine'. I never mind giving her cash as she doesn't spend it on booze - her big vice is Irn Bru and the occasional flapjack.

I'm sure this is the same woman we're on about here - black and yellow Nike jacket, jah? I was on my way into town from uni one day when she stopped and asked for some money for some fags but I told her I wouldn't contribute to her bad habit as she was already telling me she was ill. She proceeded to tell me about the benefits she's on and how she "still gets it" from her man. Gadz.

go to alford and we have two..the Roadrunner who is an old lady who runs everywhere and bathes in the Haughton Park pond every morning.. and "dafty" Eileen who takes the reg. plates of speeding cars (how is that possible) and accuses folk who give her lifts of rape (she used to walk from Whitehouse to Alford and back every day).

i've fallen/been puished in that pond a few times. it's well rank - good for tadpoles however!

haha!