aberdeen-music

New Propaghandi album preview!

threeornothing

Check out this official page which has a preview track off The new Propaghandi album "POTEMKIN CITY LIMITS" out october 18th (Fat Wreck Chords)

http://www.americasarmy.ca/

Sounding good, although I'm not sure who it sounds like....no longer sound like the band that inspired NOFX ;) Does anyone know the deal with the line up change? The vocals sound the same to me, but as far as I know, the founding member Chris left in 2003 and has been replaced by a guy called Greg? Still sounding as angry and politically fuelled as ever....

If you like that....

I could be totally wrong here' date=' but isn't it chris that is the main singer, and the one who is singing in the track?[/quote']

"The band was almost dealt a death-blow in 2003 with the sudden departure of founding member and guitarist/ vocalist Chris Hannah, who left the band to pursue other interests. Remaining members Jordy Samolesky and Todd Kowalski quickly found a worthy replacement in one Glen Lambert, formerly of the Portage Terriers. Not only is Glen a much more rounded musician that the departed Hannah, but his commitment to "make politics sexy" has brought a newfound optimism to the once flagging band."

Went in town yesterday to buy it. Overall, pretty impressed, but a let down compared to 'Today's Empire'. I'll let it grow though. Even more metal influence comes through on this than before. Watched a live video a while ago and Chris was wearing a Megadeth tee, which kinda makes sense.

Oh yeah, looked up about chris after thinking it sounded dodgy, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propagandhi

n September 2005, G7 Welcoming Committee announced that Chris Hannah had left the band, and the remaining members found a replacement in one Glen Lambert, formerly of the Portage Terriers. This would appear to be a joke however, for a number of reasons. Firstly the new recording obviously has Chris singing on it. Secondly Glen Lambert and the Portage Terriers (http://www.portageterriers.com/) seem to be unfindable on the net. Finally the article mentions Hannah leaving in 2003, but he has been seen performing with the band on numerous occasions in 2004.

Oh yeah' date=' looked up about chris after thinking it sounded dodgy, from [url']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propagandhi

Haha thanks!! I thought I was going mad!

Sounds like the bass player makes an apperance on vocals on a few tracks, which sound like the band DEATHREAT! awesome...

also...why did you BUY the album? did you check the 2nd link? ;)

Haha thanks!! I thought I was going mad!

Sounds like the bass player makes an apperance on vocals on a few tracks' date=' which sound like the band DEATHREAT! awesome...

also...why did you BUY the album? did you check the 2nd link? ;)[/quote']

Haha, yeah. Well I guessed it would be awesome, and i like having the good albums bought. They also usually have ace lyrics books, loaded with quotes and stuff...i was right ;)

Yeah, the bassist did a few tracks on the last album too, but just the hardcore :cheers:

I'll go check out deathreat (only just noticed it wasn't deaththreat when i had to type it).

EDIT: Not on ANY torrent sites...i'll give them a miss ;)

Awesome, awesome band, (but not to be confused with the band on Revelation records Death Threat)

Heres some mp3's for you. I'm think it sounds like the song Superbowl Patriot, but actually, it sounds nothing like them :D

deathreat.jpg

Right click, select save target as....

• 10 months later...