aberdeen-music

Ebow

Graham

Originally posted by Tav

I have heard of and seen an E-bow but never in action. Sound interesting, what exactly does it do and how?

Its a battery operated electro magnetic device that will cause any chosen guitar string to vibrate endlessly....giving a keyboard effect....fun when combined with other effect pedals.

G...

Originally posted by GraemeC

Its a battery operated electro magnetic device that will cause any chosen guitar string to vibrate endlessly....giving a keyboard effect....fun when combined with other effect pedals.

G...

Worth the money? <how much are they btw?>

try listening to E-Bow the letter from New Adventures in Hi-Fi by REM for an example. The intro for The Unforgiven off the Metallica Black album is an e-bow as well.

They are a sustainer => gives infinite sustain. A little grey box you hold in you hand instead of the pick.

They are hard to use at first but you get used to them pretty quick. They get more volume out of your guitar than you can with a pic.

I find they work best if you keep them on one string as it's hard to change strings but I may just be a spastic.

Go for the E-Bow Plus, it has an extra mode that adds harmonics and it makes it sound a lot nicer. It adds the fifth above the note, the one that your guitar sounds cool when it hits when you let it feedback and the other slightly higher note comes in?

Craig

p.s. if you want to see one in action come see deadenstereo