aberdeen-music

FUZZ you

ZeromiserY

but Burzum used fuzz as a production aesthetic. it wasnt a bad guitar sound. it was an entire feeling. your music doesnt have the same atmosphere as any Burzum album. Your sound requires a cleaner more precise tone/production. The fuzz on yours is a result of poor production/recording/mastering/guitar distortion choice, not the distortion of an entire recording to give it a dirtier more un-mainstream atmospheric sound.

Think about it, if Burzum/Xasthur/Darkthrone/Judas Iscariot/Graveland etc etc had recorded their albums wth Bob Rock on Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers, they wouldn't have been half as good.

EDIT: I have no idea why I happened to be in your forum just as Burzum was mentioned. I blame Odin. and the cold north winter moon frost.

but Burzum used fuzz as a production aesthetic. it wasnt a bad guitar sound. it was an entire feeling. your music doesnt have the same atmosphere as any Burzum album. Your sound requires a cleaner more precise tone/production. The fuzz on yours is a result of poor production/recording/mastering/guitar distortion choice' date=' not the distortion of an entire recording to give it a dirtier more un-mainstream atmospheric sound.

Think about it, if Burzum/Xasthur/Darkthrone/Judas Iscariot/Graveland etc etc had recorded their albums wth Bob Rock on Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifiers, they wouldn't have been half as good.

EDIT: I have no idea why I happened to be in your forum just as Burzum was mentioned. I blame Odin. and the cold north winter moon frost.[/quote']

im just a drummer, what the fuck do i know.

and yes, it was a bad guitar sound

okay' date=' so one minute people on ab-music are all "you guys sound like these guys and those guys, you need to be more original" and all that jazz.

next minute they're all "oh, copy these guys, that'll help your fuzz problem" ......EH!?

fit?

eh?[/quote']

Inspiration? Examples of how different techniques are used to different effect? Maybe give you some ideas on how to use them with your own tunes in an original way? Sheesh, it's not rocket science, and if you're spoiling for a fight, why pick on the people that are trying to help you?

And you wonder why bands aren't queuing up to be on your compilation....

I didn't throw a personal attack at you, or anyone; though I suspect you'd love it if I had. I clarified what I'd originally said, and then suggested that the fact that you guys conduct yourselves on these boards like a bunch of kids fighting in the schoolyard might have coloured people's opinions towards your efforts. How do ever expect anyone to take you seriously? It's a shame, because musically, in my opinion, you have promise, but I wouldn't book you incase you fought with me, or the bands you might be playing with. I know it's *your* comp, but people ARE going to lump you guys together as one entity because you're a band y'know. I don't wanna fight, but when I offer advice I don't like having it chucked back in my face.

(1) I wouldn't book you incase you fought with me' date=' or the bands you might be playing with.

(2) I don't wanna fight, but when I offer advice I don't like having it chucked back in my face.[/quote']

1 : just as well we dont need you to book us then

2 : we didnt ask for advice on the subject.

people now have all these pre-conseptions because they dont like us personally, and if thats the type of shallow, superficial minded person they are then we aint gonna get any helpful feed back from them.

p.s , im not here to fight either. all we want to do now is write new songs and get back to playing. we're not asking anyone to like us personally, just have a listen. if you dont like it then stop listening.