aberdeen-music

kirsten dunst lets slip on spidey 3 baddies

framheim

not sure if this has been posted before and apologies if it has:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/news/story.asp?NID=17142

i'm a bit sceptical about this, as venom and eddie brock are reasonably big people and topher grace(eric from that 70's show) is a scrawny little guy. also the whole venom thing is a complicated story and could maybe be built up a bit over a few movies(which i guess maybe it is, we don't know much yet) as eddie brock became venom partly due to his hatred of peter parker and it would be nice to see this hatred develop first. perhaps we'll only see venom right at the end of spidey 3 paving the way for him to really kick ass in spidey 4.

not sure if this has been posted before and apologies if it has:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/news/story.asp?NID=17142

i'm a bit sceptical about this' date=' as venom and eddie brock are reasonably big people and topher grace(eric from that 70's show) is a scrawny little guy. also the whole venom thing is a complicated story and could maybe be built up a bit over a few movies(which i guess maybe it is, we don't know much yet) as eddie brock became venom partly due to his hatred of peter parker and it would be nice to see this hatred develop first. perhaps we'll only see venom right at the end of spidey 3 paving the way for him to really kick ass in spidey 4.[/quote']

Hey I told you that.

Get your own news!

Stealer.

thank god venom is in it! they needed to have him in at least one film! hes the only worthy supervillian in the spiderman world!

at least it settles my fears that they were going to have green goblin 2, which I had heard from somewhere that they were. they really should have had venom in the second one I think...

Yeah he's ace' date=' but he's not "the only worthy supervillian". There's Carnage, Kingpin, Electro, Lizard, The Vulture, The Scorpion, Hobgoblin...... etc[/quote']

FACT: You can't have Carnage without first introducing Venom.

FACT: You can't steal other movies villains (aka DareDevil had Kingpin)

FACT: The Scorpion, The Vulture and Electro are crap villains.

FACT: Hobgoblin is too much like Green Goblin (although they may change him a little and make him Harry Osbourne instead of making him Green Goblin II)

FACT: Lizard is also shit.

FACT: Venom is the coolest Spidey Villain hence why he needs to be in this movie.

FACT: Sandman is also a really shit villain, but with good special effects he may come off pretty good on film.

FACT: Topher Grace is an EXCELLENT choice for Venom. He looks pretty much like Tobey Maguire which fits in really well with making him his "Opposite". Smart move, if nothing like the comics.

FACT: My College class started 5 minutes ago and I'm now late......

Topher Grace is too small to be Eddie Brock, and not mean enough. Church *should* be a good Sandman. I'd have though they'd just fudge it so that Jamieson's son returned from his space he'd have picked up the Venom symbiote - he would have enough reason to hate Spidey/Peter Parker too - and it would avoid the whole messy Secret Wars backstory.

FACT: Topher Grace is an EXCELLENT choice for Venom. He looks pretty much like Tobey Maguire which fits in really well with making him his "Opposite". Smart move' date=' if nothing like the comics.

[/quote']

see i was discussing this with fli$ yesterday and we concluded that if this were the strategy, it would have been better to have wes bentley from american beauty as venom, since he looks like an evil version of tobey.

Topher Grace is too small to be Eddie Brock' date=' and not mean enough. Church *should* be a good Sandman. I'd have though they'd just fudge it so that Jamieson's son returned from his space he'd have picked up the Venom symbiote - he would have enough reason to hate Spidey/Peter Parker too - and it would avoid the whole messy Secret Wars backstory.[/quote']

that's what i thought they were going to do which woulda been fair enough to be honest, guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. raimi's done a great job so far.

see i was discussing this with fli$ yesterday and we concluded that if this were the strategy' date=' it would have been better to have wes bentley from american beauty as venom, since he looks like an evil version of tobey.[/quote']

Ah...

very good choice also!