aberdeen-music

Himsa - 3 Inches of Blood - We Shall Be Blessed - Dec 10th

Jamesy

Yeah, I don;t think many people will deny that there will be a fairly rowrdy crowd at many "metal" gigs. But the discussion here is more focused on thse who don't follow such etiquette, a cohort of which seemed to turn up last night. As many people were going about their "thrash" with no respect for others. And as for the suggestion of standing back, I didn't realise that the "pit" has the right to be directly in front of the band, without the hassle of other patrons.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three Inches of Blood were amazing! but as a girl in the moshpit, not only was I bruised from the pricks bein over-zealous with thier moshing but I was also groped in a very displeasing manner on more than one occasion. Whats the crack with that? what do you hope to achieve by bruising some chicks tits? Also I think because there wasnt a bar to mosh up against at the front, the people at the front had to push back to a certain extent (just to stay upright)which made people a bit further back push forward which made it a bit crazier than your average pit. Poor show on the organisational front - Did they expect everyone not to mosh? surely not!

But' date=' to be fair, thats what a 'metal' gig is all about in the crowd. if you disagree, or dont like it, then why go, and why bother wasting time complaining about it? i had a good violent thrash and loved it! :rockon:[/quote']

I thought Metal gigs were about getting to see some excellent musicians and enjoying yourself. Not acting like a spoilt brat, being selfish and violent. I've been going to Metal gigs for over 15 years and I've always managed to enjoy myself without hurting anybody. There used to be etiquette involved in a moshpit but that seems to of skipped a whole generation. Sad - Very sad ?(

I'd prefer to see moshpits at the back, at least this way, folk who want to enjoy the music by just listening can enjoy it at the front of the floor. That probably sound biased, seeing as I'm one of those folk that doesn't get involved in the whole hardcore dancing thing, but I think it's much better.

The Avenged Sevenfold gig in Glasgow at The Arches in May was a good example of this.

Folk were doing their hardcore dancing at the back of the main crowd, which meant they got to enjoy themselves, as well as the folk at the front there to watch and listen.

I'm rambling, but I hope you got the jist of what I was saying.

Yeh. I have noticed this about Moshulu gigs in particular, at Flogging Molly when the band started every one tried to push forward. What was this ever going to achieve? It squashed the people at the front and ment it was to cramped to dance in the main bit of the crowd!

It got better towards the end and I got a good jig with a bunch of decent people who wern't obsessed with getting to the barrier

waa waa.

i generally dont care what you think my 'point' was' date=' i dont even know what im speaking about to be honest. i had fun, if you didnt, then you wasted eight quid. :up:[/quote']but it didnt have a warning on the ticket when it was purchased for said 8 stating "Be careful, theres going to a be bunch of fucking idiots hitting you and feeding of the violence of the other macho idiots surrounding them" now did it.

I wasn't at this gig. But like what has been said, from hearing what happened I know pretty much exactly what type of crowd was there.

to be fair' date=' i dont really have a say, im not a mettaler. But i have a jump around and a skank no matter what the music is like, i dont hurt anyone, and i have fun. i feel for you if you feel that you wasted 8 quid but what can you do.........[/quote']like i already said, I wasnt at this gig, mainly cos I don't like Moshulu gigs and I dont like either of the bands.

and I'm not a metaller. Cos metaller's are wankers generally.

But we had 120 or so people crammed in the east neuk going fucking tits to the smackdown and wsbb not so long ago. this involved crowd surfing, human pyramids, rolling backwards while suspended in mid-air etc etc. the only people that i know got hurt were Bobby when he landed on his face off the top of a pyramid and me when i landed on the PA stand leg with my kidneys after falling off.......everybody. So how come nobody complained when things were probably more nuts, the venue was smaller and everyone was probably crammed in a tighter place? cos people there weren't dicks. the people that are dicks tend to only ever go to moshulu gigs. and to be honest, I hope they continue to do just that.

Sounds like fun,

im not into hurting people, but general 'rowdiness' is what its all about.

one thing i did notice, is that punks certainly last longer in a crowd! (haha, me!)

whenever im at a 'metal' gig,i am always first and last on the floor jumping around, and that is a lot more fun than piling into people.

why dont we all just skank at the next big metal gig? Its worth a shot! :punk:

EDIT*

only thing is, you cant really generalise the 'dicks'

that is just unrealistic

Sounds like fun' date='

im not into hurting people, but general 'rowdiness' is what its all about.

one thing i did notice, is that punks certainly last longer in a crowd! (haha, me!)

whenever im at a 'metal' gig,i am always first and last on the floor jumping around, and that is a lot more fun than piling into people.

why dont we all just skank at the next big metal gig? Its worth a shot! :punk:

EDIT*

only thing is, you cant really generalise the 'dicks'

that is just unrealistic[/quote']yes i an. theres only so many people that go to certain gigs. ive been to a few gigs in moshulu. theres been a select few people that are there that are never really at other gigs in other venues. and moshulu gigs are the ones that people complain about the crowd being idiots the most. process of elimination.

and im a crusty punk kinda guy, so we dont really get rowdy, we just dance about like idiots, and everyone has fun. this, more often that not, involves human pyramids, leap frogs, human skipping and other such debauchery. and skanking at a moshulu gig would be asking for a fat cunt in a metallica shirt to sit on you.

I attended the Himsa gig and i can safely say it was full of complete tits

They think that linking arms and ramming into people at the front is cool when its clearly not, there was basically no respect for anyone at this gig

I went to The Smackdown gig that was mentioned at the East Neuk which doesnt even have a stage and is tiny, i wasnt hurt in any way when i was there and i was standing right at the front next to all the mentalists

Whereas at this gig i got elbowed in various places on my body, i got kicked in a place that was far too close to my testes and generally rammed about

And as for you clakemcrobb, youve changed your point about three times and youve just ended up talking blabbering crap

As for you HardcoreMazz, Nae luck. full? full generally means everyhthing, and if you were there, meaning you, and me, and all the other good mannered people, and thats not nice

did i ever have a point?

I dont know, meh, i managed to have fun even though all the 'tits' were going crazy, chill out man, why bother complaining?

Only disappointment was seeing the short baldy bouncers rough man handling of folk.

Yeah I didn't like him, he dropped me on my head :down:

I had a good time apart from that for the most part. Definitely preferred Himsa to 3 Inches Of Blood (musically).

The hardcore dancer people - I think that's what you call them? The one's that stand and swing their arms with intent to punch anyone who gets close - were a wee bitty annoying! Especially when your friends push you straight into their fists and consequentially you get knuckles in your mouth :swearing:

I think I've only been to Moshulu for a gig once before Saturday, I thought it was pretty good, but alot of people seemed to be looking rather uncomfortable (the folk nearest the front mainly).

Guest Jake Wifebeater
i dont often go to stuff like that' date=' my music is punk, but i dont get it all that often and if my mates are going to power metal i might aswell swing along. I must say that for not even liking the music, i had a brilliant time at moshulu for dragonforce[/quote']

Plenty punk gigs going on, believe me.

In fact, there's one going on at The Moorings this very Saturday, Certain Death and Atomgevitter. I expect you to be there.