aberdeen-music

Bloody shop delays

N.M

Damn it. I ordered a Gallien-krueger 1001-RB II head and 810SBX cab from GAK, not too long ago. Since then, I have been phoned to be told that the cab would have to be ordered in because of the size of it, and that it would probably take until November to deliver it. Stupidly, I decided to cancel the order, opting for a smaller cabinet. After this, I then discover that the head amp is also out of stock, and is expected to be dispatched on the 20th. My other choice in cabs also has to be ordered and won't arrive until the 25th o_O

Anyone else had this sort of problem with delays from online stores? It's really bugging me now, because had I only changed my original order because I thought I'd be less likely to have a 14+ day wait for the stuff.

Reckon it would be worth trying to get the order changed back to what it was originally?

Damn it. I ordered a Gallien-krueger 1001-RB II head and 810SBX cab from GAK' date=' not too long ago. Since then, I have been phoned to be told that the cab would have to be ordered in because of the size of it, and that it would probably take until November to deliver it. Stupidly, I decided to cancel the order, opting for a smaller cabinet. After this, I then discover that the head amp is also out of stock, and is expected to be dispatched on the 20th. My other choice in cabs also has to be ordered and won't arrive until the 25th o_O

Anyone else had this sort of problem with delays from online stores? It's really bugging me now, because had I only changed my original order because I thought I'd be less likely to have a 14+ day wait for the stuff.

Reckon it would be worth trying to get the order changed back to what it was originally?[/quote']

GAK are often awful... they have a pretty bad reputation.

Guest texjamm

Online Stores

Hi,

Not sure if these would be of any use but I have bought substantial peices of equipment from both these vendors and have been very happy with the price, delivery and service.

Thomann - German based company who do GK equipment (usually their pricing is very good) - www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_index.html

Turnkey - UK based company - no GK though!! - www.turnkey.co.uk

Hope it helps,

Mike

Damn it. I ordered a Gallien-krueger 1001-RB II head and 810SBX cab from GAK' date=' not too long ago. Since then, I have been phoned to be told that the cab would have to be ordered in because of the size of it, and that it would probably take until November to deliver it. Stupidly, I decided to cancel the order, opting for a smaller cabinet. After this, I then discover that the head amp is also out of stock, and is expected to be dispatched on the 20th. My other choice in cabs also has to be ordered and won't arrive until the 25th o_O

Reckon it would be worth trying to get the order changed back to what it was originally?[/quote']

i thought you weren'y going to buy online coz of the lack of customer service?

i thought you weren'y going to buy online coz of the lack of customer service?

I said that...? Have no recollection at all. Bloody absinthe.

Yeah, I had considered ordering through Thomann, but didn't appear to have the models I was wanting to order in stock. Never mind, hopefully their estimated dispatch dates are accurate.

Remember it isn't always the shops fault. Suppliers can take ages to get stuff. I had to wait about 3 months to get an Electroharmonix pedal in Aberdeen. Same with my Boss TU2. The distributers apprently wouldn't send out any unless in bulk...or something. Still I think websites should only advertise stuff they have in stock at the time.

Remember it isn't always the shops fault. Suppliers can take ages to get stuff. I had to wait about 3 months to get an Electroharmonix pedal in Aberdeen. Same with my Boss TU2. The distributers apprently wouldn't send out any unless in bulk...or something. Still I think websites should only advertise stuff they have in stock at the time.

Sorry, but I used to own a music shop and all my suppliers were always only too happy to send out small items.

What is happening is that the shop gets a bulk order discount and also gets an average order discount in some cases. So ordering a single item can bugger up your average order size, just as you were heading towards a nice fat rebate on your next order, somebody comes in and asks for a plug or a footpedel or something.

Try ordering something expensive and see! Call and ask for a Boesendorfer Imperial Grand for 80,000 or a even just a Korg Triton for 2,000 and it always can be there the next day. But a 10 footpedal, ooo! (Sharp intake of breath!) "We've had them on order for weeks, Sir! Footpedals, there're getting like hen's teeth, Sir!"

But what has (fairly obviously) happened here is that the shop did not have any relationship with G&K so the very first time the boy behind the counter heard about them was when you asked for them. They don't want you to draw them into a wholesale-retail agreement with G&K, because in order to buy just one item, they have to commit to buying their complete range. They have got a whole shed load of nasty Chinese amps gathering dust that they need to shift and you ask for something they haven't got!

You fool! How could you?

"G&K Sir? Oooo! Not very good Sir! Bit of a harsh sound Sir! Now we've got some really nice solid state digital Carlsboughs made in Shanghai Sir, they sound lovely Sir! Would you like to try one Sir?"

The thing with Electro Harmonix is quite different....They are imported from the states...Boss TU-2 was delayed because Boss dont make enough pedals quickly enough to cover their orders and so are always out of stock when we try to order them.....nothing to do with bulk discount (mostly to do with carraige charges)