aberdeen-music

fave maiden song

kid606

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish excuse!

Being in MT meant you covered' date=' like - what, ten of their songs? As opposed to the 100+ that they have actually written.[/quote']

Yes, but I managed to learn virtually all of them (even some of the X Factor b-sides, which piss over most of the album tracks)! It's not a case of disliking Iron Maiden, it's the fact that the saturation over two and a half years (yes, THAT long) pushed me off them for a while by the end.....

Megadeth aren't even in the same ballpark.

Metallica are' date=' and they are Manchester United to Megadeth's Degenham & Redbridge.

Maiden, have a God-like staus on this scale.

...In my opinion.[/quote']

Rass... please could you go into the fridge and pour yourself a nice tall glass of SHUT THE HELL UP! :D

Kidding if course. However I would say that I actually think Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth aren't even comparable when talking about metal - in the sense that whether you love one of them or loathe another... they have all brought great and awful (but different) things into the world of metal that the others haven't.

Powerslave, Hallowed and Sign of the Cross are immense. I too also love the Clansman however the crap timing change on the album version near the beginning is a total downer combined with the production on the whole album really. I have no idea why they didn't notice it at the time. The live version of Afraid to Shoot Strangers with Blaze is mint... [starts to realise this list could go on and on...] Paschendale and Blood Brothers are more recent ones I love.

:rockon: