aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty (legend)?

thenumber1hun

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

Unfortunataly i fear we're never gonna see the Libs back again.

what a shame as they prob had the potential to become the most worshiped british band ever.

1) Thank FUCK!!!!

2) What drugs are you on? Pete might be interested in obtaining some of them...

:swearing:

Libertines/Babyshambles/Pete Doherty = Utter pish' date=' from day one, before I knew anything about his lifestyle choices.

Sorry, no wait, I'm not, because it needs to be said. There is [u']nothing good about any of this shit, and if you think that they could surpass, oh, I dunno, THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, LED ZEPPELIN, CREAM, RADIOHEAD (to name but 5 bands off the top of my head) in terms of deserving worship then you sir are a tasteless imbecile.

With a shite name.

The 3-chord nonsense of Status Quo deserves more respect than any Doherty related bullshit...

And then there's the fact that over-the-top media pressure or not, he's a junkie bawbag....

:down:

1) Thank FUCK!!!!

2) What drugs are you on? Pete might be interested in obtaining some of them...

:swearing:

Libertines/Babyshambles/Pete Doherty = Utter pish' date=' from day one, before I knew anything about his lifestyle choices.

Sorry, no wait, I'm not, because it needs to be said. There is [u']nothing good about any of this shit, and if you think that they could surpass, oh, I dunno, THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, LED ZEPPELIN, CREAM, RADIOHEAD (to name but 5 bands off the top of my head) in terms of deserving worship then you sir are a tasteless imbecile.

With a shite name.

The 3-chord nonsense of Status Quo deserves more respect than any Doherty related bullshit...

And then there's the fact that over-the-top media pressure or not, he's a junkie bawbag....

:down:

Much as i respect the point you are making I feel I have to point out that members of the Stones, Zeppelin and Cream have all at some point decended into the sad and destructive deapths of drug abuse....

Much as i respect the point you are making I feel I have to point out that members of the Stones' date=' Zeppelin and Cream have all at some point decended into the sad and destructive deapths of drug abuse....[/quote']

I think the difference here is that they never made a career out of being a junkie. There's no denying that members of those bands - along with the Beatles and others - were heavily on drugs or experimented with drugs at some point. However, each of those bands created a body of work that surpassed their addiction.

Doherty is currently more famous for being on drugs than creating music (and a few half arsed MP3s on a website hardly count here).

How many people in the UK know him as the guy that was taking drugs with Kate Moss as opposed to a serious musician?

Doherty is closer to Robbie Williams than Robert Plant - famous for being tabloid fodder rather than a respected musician.

I think the difference here is that they never made a career out of being a junkie. There's no denying that members of those bands - along with the Beatles and others - were heavily on drugs or experimented with drugs at some point. However' date=' each of those bands created a body of work that surpassed their addiction.[/quote']

Exactly.

I know that The Stones/Beatles etc. have used illicit substances. Hell, so have a lot of folk on this board, I'm sure, in one form or another. I don't have a problem with that, if you want to do that, then fine, your choice, but I don't see why this should elevate you from some talentless wee erse in a band to front page news!

My point was, that he doesn't deserve all the media attention because he is shite, not because he is a junkie.