aberdeen-music

Pete Doherty (legend)?

thenumber1hun

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so Pete's on brown

The worlds still spinning round, we dont know why?

Fair enough he likes a toot, thats up to him. Even before all this tabloid fodder of drug taking/Kate Moss/coka'eena and shite he was still a musician! Critisis him for his drug taking if you will but before hand he's written an amazing album and was part of one of the most hyped bands from the last 10 years..

If you dont like his music that fine, but to put him down because of his drug use is just being narrow minded.. Just save your 1.99 and go buy the Sugar Babes limited edition picture disk and have a mexican snow party over it...

Pete

He's heading towards being another Kurt Cobain if he doesn't screw the head on.

He's got endless writing talent and just musically he's wrote some of the best tunes in recent history. that he must get some good publicity for.

Unfortunataly i fear we're never gonna see the Libs back again.

what a shame as they prob had the potential to become the most worshiped british band ever.

Babyshambles are and never will be as good but they are about as close as we're gonna get so make the most of it. As long as the no- shows at the gigs ain't and he calms down with his drug taking things can only get better.

i guarantee the babyshambles album will be a great debut, i reckon if everyone just left pete alone to do what he wanted to do and he never got all the pressure from the media, his tag-alongs and all the cunts on every fucking forum saying the same thing over and over again he may be allowed to make his own mind up about what he wants to, oh wait, how original you guys are, calling him a junkie, never heard that one before, if you dont like the boy why waste your time posting threads about him. Personally i believe he is a legend, he introduced me into a fucking great world of great british indie bands and has already influenced a number of up and coming bands. hes one of the biggest reasons i have really got into music and attend loads of gigs every month so cant see why its a bad thing. you only have to look at the exodus dance floor when the libs or shambles are on to realise that people really fucking love the guy and his music.

Babyshambles are and never will be as good but they are about as close as we're gonna get so make the most of it. As long as the no- shows at the gigs ain't and he calms down with his drug taking things can only get better.

Babyshambles > The Libertines

I thought the second album was just a let down.

true

true enough though. i don't think that the situation coulds get any worse for pete apart from overdosing and killing himself (Lets hope not).

i personally think he will sort himself out eventually. It's no wonder he's been going downhill of late with all the media and arsehole journalists following him 24/7, wouldn't u get pissed off with it?

i ain't condoning his junkie ways but he's not the only rock star on drugs , not by a long way.

the journalist scum will hopefully leave him alone (sooner the better) to get his life back on track.

Pete your a hero to us all.

And yes the libs second album was a slight let down, but with such an amazing first one it was always gonna be hard to live up to expectation.

hooray for the 21st century!!!!!!

Guest Neubeatz
Just save your 1.99 and go buy the Sugar Babes limited edition picture disk and have a mexican snow party over it...

Prefer Girls Aloud meself...;)

I just think Pete is a media toy, rebel in a trival world of such threats as Mcfly, Akon, The X Factor, and dont really pay much attention to his music, I dont think it's any more exciting than any other square beat pop drivel....but if thats his form of expression......

Sorry if I diss anyones personal icons in this thread lol! :)