aberdeen-music

Kings College Today?

Guest Bailz

Does anybody actually know what happened at Kings College today? First there were fire alarms, then a guy in a high-vis shouting something we couldn't hear through a megaphone then everyone walked away. When we got to King Street two fire engines came straight past us and out towards BoD...they didn't look like they cared too much about the Uni?! There was absolutely no smoke or burning smell. Anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone had anymore information than we do?

Bailz.

It does indeed but...I was informed that the guy was shouting "This is not a drill, the building is on fire, get away from the building". The rest of the classes were also cancelled.

I think fire drills are traditionally held on a Wednesday morning too. At least they were through the whole of first year.

I didn't even see that happen and I was round beside there at 3pm.

Not very observant today.

It was more like 10 to 4 really. I guess the guy could have been shouting "This is just a drill, there is not a fire, blah blah".

Good job my lecturer was Dutch otherwise she might have understood what the guy was on about and wouldn't have cancelled the class...

Kings College Fire Drills

there was one about 10/11 in Fraser Noble today' date=' jut after i spent age finding a free computer, Edward Wright had one last week, which was also gay.[/quote']

I used to have the unenviable task of clearing the first floor of the William Guild (Psychology) Building, which mainly involved forcing people down the stairs when they wanted to go up them. It was always a good opportunity to have a sly ciggy and without fail I forgot every time to report my figures to the chief fire warden. Certain staff members would slip off to the Machar, conveniently forgetting that 600 first years would soon be back in the ALT wondering what had happened to their Abnormal Psych lecturer....

Guest pop-notmyface
Yep' date=' there was a fire drill at MacRobert at 3pm, building cleared in 4 minutes, go us!

They probably do them all at once.[/quote']

i'm very impressed. at college it takes about 20 minutes. that means in case of a real fire, we'd all be toast. human oast.

i'm very impressed. at college it takes about 20 minutes. that means in case of a real fire' date=' we'd all be toast. human oast.[/quote']

same,there was one in the zoology building yesterday too,took us ages to clear the building,it was raining outside.when we did eventually get out,someone had left their bike chained to the fence outside the back door and someone had tied a notice on it saying "this bike is obstructing a fire escape"...although the fence itself was an obstruction

i was in a lecture in kings during that

took us about five minutes to come to the decision 'yep, it is an actualy alarm, we should probably get out' and actually get outside

i thought the guy outside was saying somethign about not walking on the grass, at least thats what someone else said when i asked them what he had just said (having missed it myself)

10:15 every wednesday they set of the alarms, i was always in a lecture at that point last year (probably why we took so long to move when there was an actual drill)

David