aberdeen-music

Exodus 5/10/5

Ace night, but what was with the DJ? He commited almost every DJ Don't i could think of including playing two songs by the same band back to back and the same six songs in a row twice only about an hour apppart. The songs he played were good, but were obviously picked by his 14 year old son/grandson.

Can i please do a night? I'll work for free/a few pints.

Ace night' date=' but what was with the DJ? He commited almost every DJ Don't i could think of including playing two songs by the same band back to back and the same six songs in a row twice only about an hour apppart. The songs he played were good, but were obviously picked by his 14 year old son/grandson.

Can i please do a night? I'll work for free/a few pints.[/quote']

I have no idea how many times I heard Mr Brightside. Good night though, I agree.

Guest *alex*
I have no idea how many times I heard Mr Brightside. Good night though' date=' I agree.[/quote']

I didn't go into Exodus till about 1am, and i still heard it twice in the hour i was there. I didn't mind though, was happy enough dancing away.

Ace night' date=' but what was with the DJ? He commited almost every DJ Don't i could think of including playing two songs by the same band back to back and the same six songs in a row twice only about an hour apppart. The songs he played were good, but were obviously picked by his 14 year old son/grandson.

Can i please do a night? I'll work for free/a few pints.[/quote']

You're just pissed because he never played that bloody song...

I've made money from unsuspecting people by informing them which song will be played next. He's played the same set every Wednesday (with only minor variations) since I started working there over 2 years ago. I've already volunteered to take over from Ron on numerous occassions but apparently the music I would play is "not commercial enough." I don't see that myself, but hey, what can I do?

I have been known to open up for Steve on a Monday though, which is always fun.

I've made money from unsuspecting people by informing them which song will be played next. He's played the same set every Wednesday (with only minor variations) since I started working there over 2 years ago. I've already volunteered to take over from Ron on numerous occassions but apparently the music I would play is "not commercial enough." I don't see that myself' date=' but hey, what can I do?

I have been known to open up for Steve on a Monday though, which is always fun.[/quote']

Ugh Doolittle is totally predictable as well.

Ugh Doolittle is totally predictable as well.

My opening hour never was predictable...but I never got further than an hour because I had to run the bar at the same time and once it got too busy to do both, I had to give up the djing.

I find it slightly upsetting that he always plays the Prodigy at 1:58 depsite the fact that it lasts for 6 minutes.

If it werent for the likes of myself and a few of my pals givin the dj cd's you wouldn't have been hearing the likes of Arctic Monkeys (i dont think) .. well not that early anyway...

Aside from The Killers or Franz there is a plethera of bands you know.. Try The Cribs, The Harrison, Good Shoes... Maybe read the nme once in a while you get paid to play music, if your just playing the same stuff all the time just make a mix cd and go have an eskimo pie for the rest of the night

If it werent for the likes of myself and a few of my pals givin the dj cd's you wouldn't have been hearing the likes of Arctic Monkeys (i dont think) .. well not that early anyway...

Aside from The Killers or Franz there is a plethera of bands you know.. Try The Cribs' date=' The Harrison, Good Shoes... Maybe read the nme once in a while you get paid to play music, if your just playing the same stuff all the time just make a mix cd and go have an eskimo pie for the rest of the night[/quote']

the dj never knew who the arctic monkeys were last wednesday lol, hes def keeping up with the times