aberdeen-music

Pallas Update

GraemeC

Just thought I'd let everyone know of the imminent release of a new Pallas album and the update of their amazing website Pallas here

I hope to announce a couple of Scottish dates soon and an instore at 1up.

There are a few little musical tasters on the website and a cool recreation of the digi book.

G...

Excellent :) I'll definitely be at the Instore if I'm in Aberdeen :)

I was told by Mark Kennedy to day hello to Ken who will be flyering at the Fish gig tomorrow :)

A good sign prog is not dead is the fact that the Fish gig is completely sold out and thereare still a fair few people looking for tickets, he could have definitely sone a bigger venue :) Lets hope Pallas get a similar reaction :)

Cheers

Stuart

I was recording out at the Mill @ Banchory late last year and Niall let me hear some of the stuff they had recorded for thier new album. It was amazing! I can't wait to hear the finished product! I'm so excited!!

It'll have changed a lot since then....Pallas stuff changes a lot from the initial writing through to the finished article.

G...

Really? I was in 1up yesterday and Fred was telling me the figures' date=' he still had tickets.

I guessed it would sell out with a walk up, there must have been a last minute rush.

G...[/quote']

I was surprised, I was meant to be getting a ticket for a friend of mine only to be told there was none at all :( When Fish last played Aberdeen in 97 I'd have estimated maybe 200 people there so a sold our Drummonds is up on that :) Then again I beleive audience attendances are up everywhere :)

Cheers

Stuart

he could have definitely sone a bigger venue :) Lets hope Pallas get a similar reaction :)

Cheers

Stuart

I disagree, its always better to sell out and have loads of people fighting for a few tickets. Then do the same venue in 6 months time and sell out in two days, it gets a huge buzz going.

Pallas have never had a great following in their home town, ok they sold out the Capital in 84 touring their first album with EMI but I would doubt they would sell out Drummonds today, we are working towards getting radio and tv exposure for the new album and you never know, sell out at Moshulu anyone?

G...

I disagree' date=' its always better to sell out and have loads of people fighting for a few tickets. Then do the same venue in 6 months time and sell out in two days, it gets a huge buzz going.

Pallas have never had a great following in their home town, ok they sold out the Capital in 84 touring their first album with EMI but I would doubt they would sell out Drummonds today, we are working towards getting radio and tv exposure for the new album and you never know, sell out at Moshulu anyone?

G...[/quote']

True, well if you need any help with anything Mr C let me know :) I'd love to see a band like Pallas do well in Aberdeen, they are easily Aberdeen's biggest name at the moment and deserve more recognition for it :)

Cheers

Stuart

that album cover is really really cool' date=' that face thing is freaky as hell[/quote']

The guy who does the artwork also manages the band, does their merchandise, does the website, does all (well most) of the photography and video stuff and is all in all fairly amazing, he is also a little eccentric.....but hey, none of us are perfect.

G...

aye, Niall's my tutor for DAW's at college, i heard a promotion copy of the new album...Northern Star is a fucking great guitar instrumental. Some of the solo's on the album were done in one take where he just went for it...then went back and learned what he had played!! Quality!

The whole albums really good!

Cant wait for Nialls solo stuff though!

Danny.