its a fucking "best of"....

and i use the term loosly....

heres the tracklisting

Welcome To The Jungle (well duhhh)

Sweet Child O' Mine (again duhhhh)

Patience

Paradise City

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Civil War (one of the few truly good calls on this list)

You Could Be Mine (classic)

Don't Cry (Original) (kinda naff...but better than whats to come)

November Rain

Live And Let Die

Yesterdays (ballady shite, dare i say worse than patience)

Ain't It Fun (for this we lost nitetrain...bullshit)

Since I Don't Have You (shitest song ever)

Sympathy For The Devil (i love axl to bits i do but this is just garbage)

5 COVERS!!!!

2 SONGS OFF OF SPAGETTI INCEDENT!!!!

theres no nightrain, brownstone, my michelle, its so easy in fact theres only 3 tracks off of the best album ever (my opinion folks--move on)

5 fucking covers....guns n roses wrote some of the best songs of their generation and the record company leaves out mr brownstone for 'sympathy for the soddin devil...the worst version of that song no less...aient it fun is a pile of shite and so's since i dont have you...if they had to put on some shitty spagetti incedent they could have done raw power or human being

at least they left out one in a million

*goes off to cry as he relises hes the only one who cares about the shiteness of it all*

Being a guns n roses fan, im disgusted with whoever thought that is a best of...

My favourite GnR tune is without a doubt Night Train... Were the hell is that... its one of the best songs off their best album...

All is not lost on the album though...

Live and Let Die is a great cover in my view... and Civil War, an absolutle epic... and November Rain... Overplayed but Slashes solo work at the end is incredible... every time I hear that solo, shivers go down my spine...

Dissapointed not to see other good classics such as Mr. Brownstone, or Rocket Queen, or My Michelle. and for Christ sake... wot about Paradise City, and welcome to the jungle... Good call Dan. Were are they... im sorry but its bollox...

Im very dissapointed by all this...

And were the hell is chinese democracy...

Gary Open Air

Err.. i think you may be missing the point.

This whole thing "Best Of" is just the record company trying to force Axl`s hand. Basically the deal is that GnR still have another album to release. Thus by the record company (Universal/Vivendi) releasing this it means that they can drop GnR without having to pay a massive compensation bill. I wouldn`t be surprised if this happened down the line.

The record company will probably be paying a retainer per year to Axl until the album comes out. Sales of GnR albums are at the highest that they have been since the band split and thus it makes business sence for the record company to capitalise before the trend shifts.

Originally posted by Ross:

Err.. i think you may be missing the point.

This whole thing "Best Of" is just the record company trying to force Axl`s hand. Basically the deal is that GnR still have another album to release. Thus by the record company (Universal/Vivendi) releasing this it means that they can drop GnR without having to pay a massive compensation bill. I wouldn`t be surprised if this happened down the line.

The record company will probably be paying a retainer per year to Axl until the album comes out. Sales of GnR albums are at the highest that they have been since the band split and thus it makes business sence for the record company to capitalise before the trend shifts.

i see what your saying

i certainly didnt think of the whole record company politics and all that....

got no problem with a best of to be honest.....

its just the shitty tracklisting which is a tad (understatement) disapointing...

plus i cant sleep at nite with the thought of 'yesterdays' and 'since i dont have you' on anything with the words "best of" and guns n roses on it :moody::rolleyes:

excuse me for being pickey but....

whats the point of getting all heated about a G n R best of compilation, surely you own all the tracks anyway? who cares, its just an evil marketing ploy, it shouldn't concern their fans.

for what its worth though i do share your grievances....

Originally posted by Gary Open Air:

Being a guns n roses fan, im disgusted with whoever thought that is a best of...

My favourite GnR tune is without a doubt Night Train... Were the hell is that... its one of the best songs off their best album...

All is not lost on the album though...

Live and Let Die is a great cover in my view... and Civil War, an absolutle epic... and November Rain... Overplayed but Slashes solo work at the end is incredible... every time I hear that solo, shivers go down my spine...

Dissapointed not to see other good classics such as Mr. Brownstone, or Rocket Queen, or My Michelle. and for Christ sake... wot about Paradise City, and welcome to the jungle... Good call Dan. Were are they... im sorry but its bollox...

Im very dissapointed by all this...

And were the hell is chinese democracy...

Gary Open Air

sorry dude it aint called "Night Train" its called "Nightrain" - its a like a pissy , dirt cheap alco-maholic drink .

just a bit of random usless info for you :p

well the marketing bods at Geffen would have made sure they picked tracks that would suit their target market.

so is this geffen wanting to subtely gid rid of axl and his session musician chums? the whole G n R thing is a joke now anyway, its hardly Guns N Roses as we knew and loved them, just Rose cashing in on the name.....