aberdeen-music

Plectrums

Paulscoconutass

Guest Scott 5FD

i use Fender 1mm heavy pics coz they dont bend about and i can play fast without having to worry about the damn thing snapping. that reminds me i need to get some more.....

scott :punk:

Originally posted by Paulscoconutass

Does everyne use them, if so - what kind and why?

for guitar i use sharkfin plectrums as they are very flexible and never snap, i use them for my bass for the same reasons.

depends - a lot of the time I don't use them but I like the big Gibson ones or the thick Fender ones

i use the kind found on the floor at gigs, practice rooms and down the backs of friends sofas. but i only use the kind that are not wafer thin and rigid thick.

i dont know the brand names because the print has usually worn off.

i used to like sharkfins, but the pictures would sometimes catch on my high e.

Guest The Tourist
Originally posted by Mouse

I have so many shapes and sizes of picks, but Jim Dunlop Nylon 60mm's do it for me!

Aye good 'een, read back what you just said.

Yes that's right, you said you use 6cm thick plectrums.

• 3 weeks later...

the pick is the mind killer. learn to play with your fingers. it gives a better, fuller sound. also allows you to pass to slap and tapping with ease. but i hve to admit if the song is really fast and only on 1 string i use me old purple Dunlop 2.0mm pick which i have since the year 2000.

Guest The Tourist
Originally posted by YETI

the pick is the mind killer. learn to play with your fingers. it gives a better, fuller sound. also allows you to pass to slap and tapping with ease. but i hve to admit if the song is really fast and only on 1 string i use me old purple Dunlop 2.0mm pick which i have since the year 2000.

I played for 3 years with no pick, i've only picked one up in the last year.

• 5 months later...