aberdeen-music

Voodoo Glow Skulls (Epitaph/Victory Records) *only Scottish date*/ The 44s/ Quik etc

kirkt

GFN? is most proud to present what will be our biggest show yet:

Voodoo Glow Skulls : (Epitaph/Victory Records), you will likely have heard these on Punk O rama Samplers or perhaps computer games like MTV Snowboarding. The Voodoo Glow Skulls are one of the most important ska punk bands to come from the U.S in the last 15 years. If you have any interest in punk and ska then don't miss this! www.voodooglowskulls.com www.myspace.com/voodooglowskulls (check out their version of I wanna be Like you from Jungle book on myspace)

The 44s :Big band jazz punk with dark ska overtones from Glasgow www.myspace.com/the44s

Quik Local metallipunk legends. Like Thrice/Strung Out etc www.myspace.com/quik www.quikonline.co.uk

The Upstarts Thrashy ska punk, like Against All Authority, Leftover Crack etc www.myspace.com/theeupstarts

@ Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen

Wednesday 9th November 2005

7pm- 11pm (punk club night on afterwards playing skate/ska/oi/hardcore/'77/pop punk/reggae/psychobilly till late)

9 on the door

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

line-up is now Voodoo Glow Skulls, The 44s, Misled Youth and The Upstarts.

For those that don't know, Misled Youth are an excellent melodic punk band with ska breakdowns. Like Fireapple Red meets RX Bandits.

This will be mega and anyone who goes to Taste of Chaos instead of this, really will miss out.

line-up is now Voodoo Glow Skulls' date=' The 44s, Misled Youth and The Upstarts.

For those that don't know, Misled Youth are an excellent melodic punk band with ska breakdowns. Like Fireapple Red meets RX Bandits.

This will be mega and anyone who goes to Taste of Chaos instead of this, really will miss out.[/quote']

oh yeah, absolutely. I mean, none of the bands at this show are on major labels so they must be better. huh Kirk?

oh yeah' date=' absolutely. I mean, none of the bands at this show are on major labels so they must be better. huh Kirk?[/quote']

Are you implying that a band is better if it's a major label band?

Are you implying that a band is better if it's a major label band?

Not at all!

Merely having a mild-mannered pop at Kirks view that he doesnt like any of the bands on the TOC bill except for Rise Against "even though they are on a major label now." (See the Diy/Crust thread on all music discussion.)

Oh and Lesley/Leslie, I always forget how you spell it: I agree to some extent BUT I think you're also a bit quick to make that statement. Im a fan of alot of the bands on Epitaph and know about the depth of their roster past and present but to say that about FFAF and SOTY is incorrect. Both bands influence can be felt already in music, escpecially FFAF in this country and also remember that these bands have both JUST put out only thier second long players so it will only increase for the time being.

Not at all!

Merely having a mild-mannered pop at Kirks view that he doesnt like any of the bands on the TOC bill except for Rise Against "even though they are on a major label now." (See the Diy/Crust thread on all music discussion.)

Oh and Lesley/Leslie' date=' I always forget how you spell it: I agree to some extent BUT I think you're also a bit quick to make that statement. Im a fan of alot of the bands on Epitaph and know about the depth of their roster past and present but to say that about FFAF and SOTY is incorrect. Both bands influence can be felt already in music, escpecially FFAF in this country and also remember that these bands have both JUST put out only thier second long players so it will only increase for the time being.[/quote']

True. That is my personal taste though that Rise Against are the only band worth seeing on TOC bill whereas I am really looking forward to seeing all bands tomorrow. My reference to Rise Against being on a major label is nothing to do with the discussion , however (i dont know whether to post this on the diy crust/grind or here) but the way I see it, is Rise Against's political message seems more watered down when speaking of political issues while signed to a major corporation like Geffen, however I do still appreciate their music and their message, i just feel like they have not benefited much from the move and were doing just as well on Fat Wreck (eg- Dropkick Murphys and NOFX both did well on stage at this years leeds fest, bands on major labels (or have been like bad religion, anti flag and rise against played on smaller stages)