aberdeen-music

concert guitar stealer

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sure they didn't have to react so violently. all they'd done was touch the damned thing and they got a kick to the face for their troubles. plus i'm sure there would have been bouncers in the venue as well, pretty easy to stop them getting out with a guitar.

as for lightening up, i don't think unneccessary violence is particularly funny. i'm not going to apologise for being a pacifist.

don't like being called a cunt for no reason either. :)

I thought the guys might just have been excited' date=' and wanted to play the guitar, or just touch one which their heroes had been playing, so the hammering they got seems out of proportion.[/quote']

it's a massive over-reaction, i'd say - it's just a fan wanting to touch a guiter. where could he ran to if he'd stolen it? He's right at the front of the stage for the gig so he's obviously a fan.

I hope he sued the fuckers, quite frankly.

Guest bluesxman

Trying to get the guitar back is one thing, jump kicking someone in the face in the process seems a bit extreme.

As for Beekers insult either he picked it up from Blade:Trinity or saw it in the insult thread after I brought it up and got it slightly wrong! Sorry folks!

Trying to get the guitar back is one thing' date=' jump kicking someone in the face in the process seems a bit extreme.

As for Beekers insult either he picked it up from Blade:Trinity or saw it in the insult thread after I brought it up and got it slightly wrong! Sorry folks![/quote']

it makes me laugh! i did see it in the other thread and said so in a previous post. :)

bear in mind that if they are on stage they are probably pissed/druggged out of their heads...

Chances are it was just an amateur gig and they didn't want to 'touch their hero's guitar', can't see you getting that close to Francis Rossi's guitar?!!

They were silly and got what they deserved... ok maybe a bit OTT but they would have been drunk and angry & fired up cos of the gig!

They were silly and got what they deserved... ok maybe a bit OTT but they would have been drunk and angry & fired up cos of the gig!

Totally man, sometimes after a gig, I see people passing outside my flat, obviously wanting some freebies, so I rip out their throats and eat their testicles. You know, if might be a bit OTT, but I'm so fired up that obviously you can't blame me.

Totally man' date=' sometimes after a gig, I see people passing outside my flat, obviously wanting some freebies, so I rip out their throats and eat their testicles. You know, if might be a bit OTT, but I'm so fired up that obviously you can't blame me.[/quote']

ok , your favourite guitar that you savec for years to buy, cost you a pretty penny and is the guitar whose sound you simply cannot replicate... aye on you go, you dish out the freebies.

Next time you play a gig remind me to be there so I have help myself to your stuff without consequence.

Guest neil ex
ok ' date=' your favourite guitar that you savec for years to buy, cost you a pretty penny and is the guitar whose sound you simply cannot replicate... aye on you go, you dish out the freebies.

[/quote']

I'd take it off stage and put it in a safe place. None of this rock star posing like the band in the video!

ok ' date=' your favourite guitar that you savec for years to buy, cost you a pretty penny and is the guitar whose sound you simply cannot replicate... aye on you go, you dish out the freebies.

Next time you play a gig remind me to be there so I have help myself to your stuff without consequence.[/quote']

You have absolutely no idea of the context of the situation, you complete pleb. To assume make an ass out of u and me.

Actually, no, just you.

For all you know, the guitarist could have just before the clip starts said: "hey kids, see who can grab the guitar first!" Or those people could have realised that guitar was stolen from them at a gig a few months ago. Or... so please don't give your own interpretation which relies on the guitar having been crafted in the fiery furnace of Mount Doom, and having magical powers for the owner that, if wrested away, will make him wither and die like Mel Gibson in Forever Young.

You have absolutely no idea of the context of the situation' date=' you complete pleb. To assume make an ass out of u and me.

Actually, no, just you.

For all you know, the guitarist could have just before the clip starts said: "hey kids, see who can grab the guitar first!" Or those people could have realised that guitar was stolen from them at a gig a few months ago. Or... so please don't give your own interpretation which relies on the guitar having been crafted in the fiery furnace of Mount Doom, and having magical powers for the owner that, if wrested away, will make him wither and die like Mel Gibson in Forever Young.[/quote']

Neither do you - so what makes your assumption more correct than mine?

Even if the kid was just wanting to touch it, it's not his place to do that and deserved the beating. you've never laughted at any "you've been framed" video?.

Now, what exactly is your beef?

. . .

Neither do you - so what makes your assumption more correct than mine?

Are you unintentionally being moronic' date=' or are you just trying to wind me up? Because if it's the former, Jesus, that's my whole point. You don't have a clue about the context of the situation, yet you make a variety of baseless assumptions. (If it's the latter, you're doing a damned fine job.)

Even if the kid was just wanting to touch it, it's not his place to do that and deserved the beating. you've never laughted at any "you've been framed" video?.

What, somebody touches a guitar, so they deserve a beating? That's completely disproportionate to the point of laughability. At least as proportionate as chopping off your fingers for having the gall to type out such garbage.

And yes, I've laughed at You've Been Framed once or twice, but I've yet to see any clips in the 'Wacky Toddlers' section where a child takes a crowbar to the grandmother who ate a piece of her birthday cake.

Now' date=' what exactly is your beef?

[/quote']

Your arguments suck so much that I'm surprised your actually allowed to use a computer. That's about it.

Look popcorn, we both don't know the context therefore my assumptions are just as valid as yours.

What, somebody touches a guitar, so they deserve a beating?

No, but if they go to grab at a guitar during someones performance then yes, they do deserve a slap or two. It's even more likely to happen during a drunken emotional time of a gig! Stop trying to make it sound completeley innocent on the part of the 'grabber'.

It's a public forum and i'll air my opinion - you just have to deal with it. :) i beleive he got what was comin to him. You can feel free to disagree but you cannot say your opinion is more or less valid than mine! :p

Funnily enough someone made a similar move on my bass after I threw it off the stage at drummonds' date=' I just smiled and took it back.[/quote']

entirely acceptable as you had offered it to the crowd....

If someone came on stage trying to, in what your opinion at the time (split second decision) was an attempt at tampering/stealing your guitar... you'd push them away or use some sort of force. It just so happened that the guy was closer to the rockers feet so he got kicked.

Your defending that guy - wow.

defending what guy? i was just pointing something out there.

all they did was touch the damned thing, they may not have even wanted to steal it. maybe it was a dare. stupid yes but not necessarily criminal. the only criminals i saw was the two guys kicking some kids in the face.

fucking rock stars.