aberdeen-music

Space Kitchens on Watchdog now!

Afro Droid

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i worked in the glasgow office for a grand total of 6 hours. first 3 hour shift i thought, surely this can't be as much of a massive scam as i think it is....but by the second shift it had become apparent that, in fact, the person you were calling had not been luckly enough to have their postcode appear in an area in which we were looking for showhomes for our magazine. further, that person was not in with the chance of a brand new kitchen being installed at no cost to them.

they are scum, simple as that

spoons

/x

Shut up' date=' they blatently broke the TPS regulations and DPA[/quote']

You're telling me that companies actually abide by the TPS regulations and the DPA? Do they fuck - it's a well known fact that the punishments for breaking the laws are nothing compared to the potential rewards. BT have broken the TPS regulations, companies break the DPA all the time (and quote it mindlessly without even knowing what it says...), really, in the business world, you can't afford to be ethical unless you're a marketing genius (like Anita Roddick).

Was asked to investigate them once when people working for my company kept receiving calls from them

And what did you discover, the fact that they call people at random without care?

Campaigning to give the regulatory authority some teeth and campaigning for them to use it properly would make far more sense than whining about some little company who makes a nice packet from being pushy fuckers.

it's a well known fact that the punishments for breaking the laws are nothing compared to the potential rewards.
BT have broken the TPS regulations
companies break the DPA all the time
<they> quote it mindlessly without even knowing what it says

While I'm not disputing what you're saying, that's all a bit of wild speculation and allegation without backing yourself up with even a single source...

Please don't make me have to bother to dig links up :( too lazy...

BT have done it - how do I know? Simple - they've called here a few times despite being registered with the TPS.

TalkTalk and OneTel are the worst though, i've had some very amusing conversations with them in the past, including once getting an apology from a manager because one of the staff was trying to sell me a "rubber duck"..of course he wasn't, but it was great fun telling the manager that :D

About fucking time.

TIP: If you do get a call from any of these of these sods:

1) Ask them to hold for two seconds.

2) Hold earpiece to CD player speakers.

3) Insert Napalm Death CD, turn volume to FULL HORSE.

4) Press play.

Doesn't always work, but it's a fucking good laugh.......

I just tell them I'm not interested and hang up. works every time.

I tell them either that none of the homeowners,bill payers or whatever are in and that I am not a relative to them.

It's easy to know which calls are them as they cannot pronounce my last name properly and when I ask to leave a message they just say "it's a commerical call" or whatever.

They were doing door to door when it was on TV. Mid way through the feature my mum was interupted by a chap saying he was from Space Kitchens. My mum asked if he knew they were on Watch Dog at the time...I think he turned tail at that. There was a whole car of other sales men in the street getting ready to head out. Hopefully they thought twice about it.

what to do when they call is to turn it round on them' date=' and try and sell them whatever they are trying to sell.[/quote']

Yup, that's always a good laugh..

I don't get why people get so irritated with telesales when it's so much fun to wind them up :D

I once convinced some idiotic guy from OneTel that I didn't have a phone and that I wasn't talking to him on it..quite how he fell for it was beyond me, but hey...

i worked their once' date=' i remember the days of Harry, A.Dick, Kai(poor guy), Brian Fudge, Terry Cunt, the old hippy lookin dude, the scum from Seaton.... ah, those were the days.

pity the job was fuckin shite. ha, it was quite funny sometimes though[/quote']

you started not long after me, the job was indeed shite.

a. dick once told me a story about how he and a former associate (who apparently lives 2 doors away from me now) ripped off this old lady who they described as "senile and lonely" for at least 10 grand, can't remember exactly how much, but they said they just insisted to her she needed all this and that. They went on to mention that they were proud at the fact that they must've taken away every penny she had. Cunts.

the sales speech was a load of bs to boot.

I got a call from them a while back

SK:a'rite is the the hame aynner?

me: yup totally

SK: heh a'rite, eh ma names tom and im fae space kitchens, it wis ist a wee c..

me: space kitchens?

SK: aye, it was jits a wee ca..

me: hows that twat alex doing? still a cock?

SK: fa's alex?

me: nevermind, carry on

at which point i had given the phone to my baby cousin, check back about five minutes later, the guy was still saying "hello? hello?"

I worked at Space Kitchens for 10 minutes. I went in for my first shift, got explained how the company worked, the commission, how to do the job, what script to read etc.

Then he said "But all our phones are being used tonight, there's nothing you can do, come back tomorrow, the earlier you get here the more chance there is of you getting a phone".

Needless to say I didn't bother going back.

haha i love this thread

i lasty 18 months to start with it was great

crocker and his brown umper.... sunday afternoon wrestle maches with ross and alex.

charlie is jesus

and angus. the legand....sleezy.

Mark was sooooo annoying

remeber harry having bets to see how many times he could say good good or fantastic in one pitch.

eddie? the super ned. or whatever his anme wa.s..and alex couldnt understand him

ordering pizza and alex watching the war on tv on friday night.

people saying "oo im on that tsp thing?" us "oh you mean thr STD list" "yes thats what it is"

or where did you get ym number? off www.wevegotyournumber.com *lady goes and gets a pen to write the address down

then they told us we were aloud to muck around... and watchdog were on to us... and we had to dress smartly...

i remeber when darren (boss man) loved my hoodie and said we all had to wear one one day

they tried to sack me lots. and darren would shout at everyone else and just be nice to me thinking i was just too shy to talk to customers :-)

or the day we were in two teams and got to win alchohol if you got the most pitches

see you may all slag of space kitchens. but it was one of the most fun jobs ive had at times

ooooo and gennette coming in every morning telling us that she'd slept with a random guy... even once someone pissed on her in her sleep. haha.

It may be fun' date=' but the sole purpose of the job is to con people out of thousands of pounds.[/quote']

To be fair you have to be quite stupid to decide to buy a kitchen because a company phoned you when you can go to a company that you actually trust and recognise instead.