aberdeen-music

Cockers Roses to be moving

ragudave

I remember them trying to get plans through to have Cockers developed a few years back. They got knocked back then, so I suppose another attempt was on the cards.

As for the Lang Stracht, pop into the Reference Library, or at RGU Garthdee & have a look at the old Colquhist Plan for Aberdeen & marvel at what they originally had planned for that area! 8o

What was eventually built was greatly reduced & a pale shadow of the brave new modernist boulevard/city artery originally planned. It reminded me strongly of places in pre-reunification East Berlin!

What was even scarier was that that plan governed all planning & traffic issues in Aberdeen, into the 1990s & ensured that we had to consider horse carts & hand barrows till the bitter end. I'm reliably informed that one or two of its schemes have been kept live by the council & may still appear one day when they feel like pushing their luck. Harbour mouth bridge anyone? :D

Oh & a traffic jam was officially 12 vehicles & some of the areas of "congestion" illustrated would make a modern city driver weep with joy! :D

Guest treader.
The most blatant attempt to slither in about I've ever seen on here...

Not :up:

what? im completely innocent! i just wondered if she was the mildly attractive girl there. and nothing else. ever. at all.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
what? im completely innocent! i just wondered if she was the mildly attractive girl there. and nothing else. ever. at all.

Bollocks, you sleazy git. She was "hot" a minute ago. Still, if it pays off and you get some joy, then I offer an unqualified :up::up::up::up::up:

:up:

This thread has been dragged up from 2005 pogofish, I don't know if there are any current plans to develop the site.

The plans are still in place, flats and houses to be built, no access from Lang Stracht only from Arran Avenue (the back of the lot). Cockers moving to their plantation site just up the road, once planning approved.