aberdeen-music

Marshall JCM200 DSL50 Amp head for sale...

Dan G

but dan... why? why would we pay you bum sucker?

www.gak.co.uk sell them new for 474.... do you offer a warranty like they do ;)

what you after man? Framus? get a 5150.... seriously!

but I haven't played the ones on GAK... ;)

also its still nearly a hundred quid cheap/no postage and packaging and definite easy delivery :)

I dunno what I want...

it's toss up between the:

Peavey JSX

Framus Cobra

Engl Powerball

i'd like a diezel but they be mighty expensive :D

P.S. they don't make the 5150 anymore... EVH terminated his peavey contract I believe?

P.P.S i've been checking harmony central user reviews thoroughly...

really? holy shit! i didn't know that.

get a Soldanon man.... oh i'd love one of them! or or or.... a 5150! i remember hearing one of them live. they kicked ass. H&K Tri-Amp.

I'm glad your not wanting a Mesa Boogie. Your ultimately cool for that.

if i had the need for a head and had 390, i would of taken your marshall.... but nevermind....

really? holy shit! i didn't know that.

get a Soldanon man.... oh i'd love one of them! or or or.... a 5150! i remember hearing one of them live. they kicked ass. H&K Tri-Amp.

I'm glad your not wanting a Mesa Boogie. Your ultimately cool for that.

if i had the need for a head and had 390' date=' i would of taken your marshall.... but nevermind....[/quote']

yeah - the 6505 is the new 5150 but apparently it is nowhere near as good. The JSX is pretty close though.

A soldano SLO100 and an H&Ktriamp are current outsiders of my top few but are definitely being considered! And yeah I don't want a MESA for sure...

I could get a recently valved VHT pittbull with flight case for 1600 if I wanted/had the cash... Alex from cryforsilence offered me it - think its worth about 2800 or something silly!

The reason I wanted a Cobra was because both Unearth and KSE use/have used them and I LOVE both their guitar tones... it has great reviews on harmony central although again, speaking to alex - he said that himself, Colin (Richardson - producer) and charlie from fightstar were trying out all the amps and that the framus sounded like a fart!

I was gutted to hear that cos up til then I was sold... woulkd love to try one out still as i understand that was just a few peoples opinion - and further more if they were shit they wouldn't cost over a grand and be used by KSE/unearth/lamb of god!!

P.S. they don't make the 5150 anymore...

That is true, and its a shame. I think they made a MKII of the 5150 but it was supposed to be not be as good as the original.

Mmm, slightly tempted on buying your head (that your head, not some head hehe) :cheers:

yeah - the 6505 is the new 5150 but apparently it is nowhere near as good. The JSX is pretty close though.

the 6505 is the exact same thing as the 5150

when evh left he took the 5150 name, so they rebadged the amp 6505 (the year speavey have been in business - 1965 - 2005 so far) but all the internals are exactly the same

ithat was what they were saying when evh left, dont know about any newer 'improvements' to the amp

David

the 6505 is the exact same thing as the 5150

when evh left he took the 5150 name' date=' so they rebadged the amp 6505 (the year speavey have been in business - 1965 - 2005 so far) but all the internals are exactly the same

ithat was what they were saying when evh left, dont know about any newer 'improvements' to the amp

David[/quote']

Yes, that is what they say.

however I could also say that i taught Yngwie how to play guitar but it doesn't necessarily mean it is true...

In theory you are right, that the 6505 is the same as 5150 - however it is not actually built to the same high standards as the 5150 originally was. I know this from people within the industry.. ;)

Dan (not heather - I forgot to log out)

Yes' date=' that is what they say.

however I could also say that i taught Yngwie how to play guitar but it doesn't necessarily mean it is true...

In theory you are right, that the 6505 is the same as 5150 - however it is not actually built to the same high standards as the 5150 originally was. I know this from people within the industry.. ;)

Dan (not heather - I forgot to log out)[/quote']

is it not built in teh same factory peavey make all the amps at? seems a bit silly to have different factorys outputting different qualitys of product...

David