aberdeen-music

Howards Alias (last Scottish gig), Stayover, The Boring Ending, Crashdown + more

kirkt

still doesnt mean the last bus goes any later tho does it...........

nope but for majority of venues (tunnels, drummonds, moorings, lemon tree) its the time you'll find most gigs finish at. its a scottish thing i swear...well last orders are 11 in england so gigs finish then. scotland have different drinking laws but the same bus times.

yeah im coming, i suppose ill give them a chance... they are a bunch of really nice guys, ill c if they have improved any... the rest all sounds fantastic, should be a great night"!!!!!

nope but for majority of venues (tunnels' date=' drummonds, moorings, lemon tree) its the time you'll find most gigs finish at. its a scottish thing i swear...well last orders are 11 in england so gigs finish then. scotland have different drinking laws but the same bus times.[/quote']

hence why we usualy go on early, A, our fans get to see us and B, we have longer to drink afterwards :D

so gutted i'm missing tauntra - there from down my way!

they are awesome - honestly.

o yea and they are not from the boarders... its carlisle i think...

why you not comin? eh? eh? :p we did a gig swap with em before and they booked us a gig in dumfries so i presumed they were from there. well its all the same that way...north of newcastle, south of edinburgh, the most pointless area in the UK alongside Fife.

Pretty darn good it was. I only managed to catch Stayover and HA, was in late at uni and very un-fresh after Edinburgh... Anyways, Stayover have played a lot better but it was mega busy for them playing, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. As for Howards Alias - right on. Not quite as good as Sunday; quite a few people left, not as many fans, etc etc. They played pretty much the same but shorter set due to stand-in bassist and drummer not knowing too much :p There was Chasing Amy, Rabbit In Headlights, Wrong Note, W.O.R.L.D, Love Loss Learn, The Drive, Rob Wants You Dead, Maggie And Me Pt 1, Song For A Friend and ...If It Wasn't Screwed On. Shame you weren't there but plenty of people had their dancing shoes on. I spoke to Matt and Nick for a bit, totally gutted to see them split up. A little birdie tells us that the current line-up with the stand-ins Lloyd and Pete, will be continuing in the vein of Beat Heart, Beat, magic! Matt also said some more Skylar material will be going down :)

Pretty darn good it was. I only managed to catch Stayover and HA' date=' was in late at uni and very un-fresh after Edinburgh... Anyways, Stayover have played a lot better but it was mega busy for them playing, everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. As for Howards Alias - right on. Not quite as good as Sunday; quite a few people left, not as many fans, etc etc. They played pretty much the same but shorter set due to stand-in bassist and drummer not knowing too much :p There was Chasing Amy, Rabbit In Headlights, Wrong Note, W.O.R.L.D, Love Loss Learn, The Drive, Rob Wants You Dead, Maggie And Me Pt 1, Song For A Friend and ...If It Wasn't Screwed On. Shame you weren't there but plenty of people had their dancing shoes on. I spoke to Matt and Nick for a bit, totally gutted to see them split up. A little birdie tells us that the current line-up with the stand-ins Lloyd and Pete, will be continuing in the vein of Beat Heart, Beat, magic! Matt also said some more Skylar material will be going down :)[/quote']

I knew it - i always ha a hunch that stevie and jon weren't happy. I mean stevie must be upset to be not involved in skylar - and jon didn't seem fussed to carry on as nick and matt were. I didn't realise that the tour was only nick and matt from the current line-up.

I reckon beat heart beat is the best they've ever done.......so even if they re-name themselves, with matt's song writing and stuff......all is not lost. I jst hope whatever the new band is that they continue to play howards alias material. woop.

gutted i missed it.

edit - pete is the bassist in skylar, nd i think lloyd stood in after jevon left and before jon joined...

ah howards alias yet another fine performance from the boyos from southampton!! however sunday night in edinburgh was well awesome and i reckon it had the edge over aberdeen as i was at both of them!!! haha amy i got a a few photos with the whole band just before they left come on :D!!!!! but shame they are splitting up .....geez i wonder who this little birdie is..........

Yeh that was such a good gig :D all the bands played exceptionally well. Good job guys! :cheers:

This sucks' date=' I'm just getting into Howards Alias and now they are gone...gone like a fish...[/quote']

steve - buy the albums, enjoy. Beat heart beat is perfect.

www.myspace.com/skylar - matt's other band with basicaly the same line up except for this tour. God knows why stevie and jon didn't play.

I knew it - i always ha a hunch that stevie and jon weren't happy. I mean stevie must be upset to be not involved in skylar - and jon didn't seem fussed to carry on as nick and matt were. I didn't realise that the tour was only nick and matt from the current line-up.

I reckon beat heart beat is the best they've ever done.......so even if they re-name themselves' date=' with matt's song writing and stuff......all is not lost. I jst hope whatever the new band is that they continue to play howards alias material. woop.

gutted i missed it.

edit - pete is the bassist in skylar, nd i think lloyd stood in after jevon left and before jon joined...[/quote']

Aye, I think you're right there. I had no idea about the tour line-up until seeing them soundchecking on Sunday :S They're doing a fine job though. Lloyd was tight like a ducks bum. They played These Lights of their Skylar fame on Sunday as an encore. Twas beautiful. Everyone singing along to "take me forever or never again" :love: So yeah, if the continue where they've stopped, I'll be a happy chappy. You'll have to get Note To Self downloaded when you get home. Didn't make it on to Beat Heart, Beat but it's awesome. Not quite a DVD for a final release. Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Ryan, I think you'll be sending me those pics! A girl from uni got a good few last night and a few of mine turned out alright. I get them resized and sent soon.

Aye' date=' I think you're right there. I had no idea about the tour line-up until seeing them soundchecking on Sunday :S They're doing a fine job though. Lloyd was tight like a ducks bum. They played These Lights of their Skylar fame on Sunday as an encore. Twas beautiful. Everyone singing along to "take me forever or never again" :love: So yeah, if the continue where they've stopped, I'll be a happy chappy. You'll have to get Note To Self downloaded when you get home. Didn't make it on to Beat Heart, Beat but it's awesome. Not quite a DVD for a final release. Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Ryan, I think you'll be sending me those pics! A girl from uni got a good few last night and a few of mine turned out alright. I get them resized and sent soon.[/quote']

so what was the final release? Ranny said on the HA foum that they can't get funding for the documentary (which sucks cos me and my mate gary were going to be in it from our interview)

I haven't bought any skylar stuff yet or matt's solo stuff "loss in sound"

I wonder if jon is still in skylar!? I hope they continue under a new name - not skylar or HA, and play both styls of music. But really so long as matt is playing music in some shape or form i'm happy. He's the man.

edit - holiday has been great thanks, im just back from hard rock cafe.

The final release is the Note To Self track. Bit of an anti-climax like! It's worth the 1.08 or however much it costs though. A DVD of a gig would've been awesome, perhaps someone will record the last one and make it downloadable or something. I got a VCD of Lightyear's last gig from some guy, it's pretty sweet.

I forked out for the Skylar & Loss In Sound CDs in July, they're both pretty good. Skylar's the stuff that puts a big grin on your face. I think Jon's still in the band 'cause Matt said most of the Skylar members were on stage... not Lloyd. Who knows?

The final release is the Note To Self track. Bit of an anti-climax like! It's worth the 1.08 or however much it costs though. A DVD of a gig would've been awesome' date=' perhaps someone will record the last one and make it downloadable or something. I got a VCD of Lightyear's last gig from some guy, it's pretty sweet.

I forked out for the Skylar & Loss In Sound CDs in July, they're both pretty good. Skylar's the stuff that puts a big grin on your face. I think Jon's still in the band 'cause Matt said most of the Skylar members were on stage... not Lloyd. Who knows?[/quote']

yeaqh im guessing jon is in skylar, but for some reason or another he couldn't/didn't want to do the HA tour.

Loss in sound from what i've heard on myspace is brilliant.