aberdeen-music

the number 19 bus

Ollie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him! The likeness is amazing, especially when he's really concentrating on the roads. You get the best drivers on the 19 buses. My favourite is Harley aka Father Time (long grey beard, bald head,glasses with the wee cord). You'll usually find him on the late night buses sorting out the drunken mess. Absolute legend.

I've seen him! The likeness is amazing' date=' especially when he's really concentrating on the roads. You get the best drivers on the 19 buses. My favourite is Harley aka Father Time (long grey beard, bald head,glasses with the wee cord). You'll usually find him on the late night buses sorting out the drunken mess. Absolute legend.[/quote']

Haha yeh we call him Gandalf or ZZ Top.

i've always had slight wonderings about the number 19.

i don't understand why the route planner person chose it.

i mean sure people in cults need to get into town, and i suppose until mass restraining orders are invented, the tillydronians are allowed into town too.

but why connect them to one another? when do tilly min bams ever go out to cults for an afternoon of high tea? what about they culty ya's, often popping over to get style tips from the kappa slappers, are they?

i suppose it does provide them with a quik getaway back home after a bit of breaking and entering though? the getaway bus... ahoy!

Yeah i get that bus all the time and have seen him quite a lot. He is an absolutely legend round these parts.

I've seen him too. I miss getting the 19, in those days i got to go to school and sponge off my parents. Now i'm a student and it's gay. I just got in from work, and have to be back for 9am. oh yes. But yeah, getting back on track he does look very much like him.

i mean sure people in cults need to get into town' date=' and i suppose until mass restraining orders are invented, the tillydronians are allowed into town too.

but why connect them to one another? when do tilly min bams ever go out to cults for an afternoon of high tea? what about they culty ya's, often popping over to get style tips from the kappa slappers, are they?

i suppose it does provide them with a quik getaway back home after a bit of breaking and entering though? the getaway bus... ahoy![/quote']

I lived in tilly and yes I have caught the bus to cults now wise up!

There is a bus driver (quite often on the No. 19 and Late Night Services) who has an absalutely classic mullet - Anyone seen him?

On another note - Who is the student who can afford to get the bus from Bedford Rd into town? I work 2 jobs, Live in the multi's of Tillydrone and I can't afford to get the bus very often! Must have a rich mummy and Daddy.

There is a bus driver (quite often on the No. 19 and Late Night Services) who has an absalutely classic mullet - Anyone seen him?

On another note - Who is the student who can afford to get the bus from Bedford Rd into town? I work 2 jobs' date=' Live in the multi's of Tillydrone and I can't afford to get the bus very often! Must have a rich mummy and Daddy.[/quote']

bet you can afford to smoke tho eh! :nono:

i mean sure people in cults need to get into town' date=' and i suppose until mass restraining orders are invented, the tillydronians are allowed into town too.

i suppose it does provide them with a quik getaway back home after a bit of breaking and entering though? the getaway bus... ahoy![/quote']

So why connect dyce with airyhall or BoD with Garthdee? It's not just the destinations that are taken into consideration, it's the routes they take along the way that count mostly e.g. Broad Street to Tilly or Mannofield into town.

Oh and yes I have seen both Matt Lucas lokkalikey and Gandolf on the late buses.

I've seen him! The likeness is amazing' date=' especially when he's really concentrating on the roads. You get the best drivers on the 19 buses. My favourite is Harley aka Father Time (long grey beard, bald head,glasses with the wee cord). You'll usually find him on the late night buses sorting out the drunken mess. Absolute legend.[/quote']

thats Davie!

he's a legend!

once he woke me up in culter cos i fell asleep and then i had to walk home cos i was too pissed to realise the bus goes back the same route... not clever, or fun!

another crappy 1.10 fair from bedford road to Aberdeen uni' date=' another crappy rainy day and the same old people on the bus. I look up to be greeted by the bus driver who looks identical to matt lucas of little britain fame. Anyone seen this guy before? quality.[/quote']

HAHAHA YEAH BABY! he sat next to me in the bus stop a few days ago. he is almost identical to him.

:cheers: