aberdeen-music

Awesome Gig This Saturday!!!

Flash@TMB

Aluminum Babe are from New York / Stockholm.

From Mars are from Wales (random trivia Wales is really a Martian outpost). They've played the last year and were excellent.

The Ghost of Bongo are one of my favourite local bands. Very distinctive funky sound, and all fantastic musicians.

Kordoba played the bar earlier this year (I think). Pretty sure I was minging drunk at the time, but remember really liking them.

what sorta style of music is it? alt-rock/pop im guessing....

Aluminum Babe - pop/punk I've been led to believe.

From Mars - rock

Ghost of Bongo - hard to pidgeonhole, they sound like funk one minute, Southern rock the next, with an occasion whiff of Sinatra.

Kordoba - I can't remember because I was drunk but something tells me they are alt.rock.

The Ghost of Bongo have a track on our jukebox.

So a bit of everything really.

Well as predicted that was totally fuckin AWESOME. And busy too.

I had Kordoba mixed up with another band, sorry for the confusion guys. Tonight was their first time in The Moorings nad I thought they played really well. Lot's of good melodies and harmonies.

Aluminum Babe were everything we'd hoped they'd be. Utterly brilliant. People up dancing during their set.

From Mars were just as good as I remembered. It was great to see them again.

And The Ghost of Bongo played a blinder. As usual. Sorry we ran a bit late, we forgot that the From Mars drummer was left handed otherwise would have kicked off 30 mins earlier. No harm done though.

Dj was good too.

Thanks for that one AUBL! Well done!

Yeah we thought you might have had us mixed up with somebody else Flash, seeing as we hadn't played the Moorings before, but no way were we gonna stop you saying good things.

Just to say we thoroughly enjoyed the night, Aluminum Babe were fantastic imo, From Mars put on a good show and some of us reckoned Ghost of Bongo stole the show at the end. Real privilege to play with these bands, but particularly to play the Moorings. The setting-up was almost as enjoyable as playing our stuff. How stress-free can you get? Thanks Flash.

Thanks also to Rico for organising the night. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

And thanks to everybody who came.

Guest MerryChristmas
Every band was alright for once every band member I spoke to seemed extremely friendly

But heres 2 Nedettes Enthralled With their new toy

nedette.JPG

Ah yer knob, it looked better on yer phone, coming up to bex on friday?