aberdeen-music

Random lectures

Inkster

No' date=' but I've seen them satirised in the comic strip "The Pitchers" in the Guardian's Friday Review. They look like a lot of fun. Tho perhaps a bit heavier on the "info" than they are on the "tainment"[/quote']

And I'd say more "pseudo" than "info". I came across a lot of posturing drivel - ie falsehood and nonsense presented as deep insight - when I did film studies in 1st/2nd year of university.

Random Lecturers....

Does anyone attend random lectures for the fun of it?

A friend of mine who shall remain nameless (I am open to bribes) is a Psychology lecturer at Aberdeen Uni and is frequently somewhat confused and never good at mornings. He went along to give a Level 3 Methodology lecture and was in full flow when an irate lecturer burst into the room (Meston, I think) and asked him what he thought he was doing. 'Level three Methodology', he replied.

'This is MY class' retorted the angry man.

'This is PS3003', insisted my friend.

'It is not. Its Engineering EN2006 (or similar)' shouted the other bloke, at which point my pal looked around the audience who did indeed look somewhat confused, and realised he didn't recognise any of them. Apparently he should have been in Fraser Noble.

I wonder how long they would have sat there taking notes before they realised something was amiss????????????????

A friend of mine who shall remain nameless (I am open to bribes) is a Psychology lecturer at Aberdeen Uni and is frequently somewhat confused and never good at mornings. He went along to give a Level 3 Methodology lecture and was in full flow when an irate lecturer burst into the room (Meston' date=' I think) and asked him what he thought he was doing. 'Level three Methodology', he replied.

'This is MY class' retorted the angry man.

'This is PS3003', insisted my friend.

'It is not. Its Engineering EN2006 (or similar)' shouted the other bloke, at which point my pal looked around the audience who did indeed look somewhat confused, and realised he didn't recognise any of them. Apparently he should have been in Fraser Noble.

I wonder how long they would have sat there taking notes before they realised something was amiss????????????????[/quote']

I think I want to change courses now :|

I have a few strange classes for my course. English for journalists is probably the strangest. Its basically how to construct sentences. We had a whole lecture on commas. Thrillingly insulting stuff, made stranger by the fact that we're all supposed to be published writers.

xxx