aberdeen-music

Babyshambles at moshulu

The Lizard King

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people on this forum have more sence than to read/listen to crap that the likes of the 3am Girls or that bint from The Sun selectivly choose to write about..

I remember reading in The Sun last week, one journalist wrote "I dont know why Pete Doherty is complaining about all this press attending, negative or not! If it wasn't for the exposure we the journalists give him he wouldn't be on a SOLD OUT tour.."

Well thats the whole reason i went to see Babyshambles, nothing to do with the fact that he wrties/plays great music and is one of the true great british artists of our time..

Chekc this weeks NME out for a pic of aberdeen (im in it.. nice) or if your web bound, try this tasty little treat... A slide show of the Carlisle, Greenock & Aberdeen gig's lovely squashed together accompanied by the sig tune "Babyshambles"

BABYSHAMBLES SLIDE SHOW VIDEO

rowan..... x

I think most people on this forum have more sence than to read/listen to crap that the likes of the 3am Girls or that bint from The Sun selectivly choose to write about..

I remember reading in The Sun last week' date=' one journalist wrote "I dont know why Pete Doherty is complaining about all this press attending, negative or not! If it wasn't for the exposure we the journalists give him he wouldn't be on a SOLD OUT tour.."

Well thats the whole reason i went to see Babyshambles, nothing to do with the fact that he wrties/plays great music and is one of the true great british artists of our time..

Chekc this weeks NME out for a pic of aberdeen (im in it.. nice) or if your web bound, try this tasty little treat... A slide show of the Carlisle, Greenock & Aberdeen gig's lovely squashed together accompanied by the sig tune "Babyshambles"

rowan..... x

fair enough, i came to the conlusion that he was nothing but a dirty junkie based on exactly what i read in the sun...

oh, and there is of course the little fact that he is a dirty junkie

I remember reading in The Sun last week' date=' one journalist wrote "I dont know why Pete Doherty is complaining about all this press attending, negative or not! If it wasn't for the exposure we the journalists give him he wouldn't be on a SOLD OUT tour.."

rowan..... x

thank fuck your on here rowan, nobody likes pete on this forum (well not alot of ppl) and its a hard fight defending him on my own, yeah i seen kendall snapping away at the gig, top guy

Guest bluesxman

At least letting Babyshambles play when/do what they wanted ensured much mentions of Aberdeen and Moshulu in the press....i'm sure that was never considered a possibility though.....

http://teawithtufty.blogspot.com/2005/09/babyshambles-bootleg-greenock-town_24.html

bootleg fo the greenock gig if anyone wants it

Babyshambles put on a great gig end of! I was disappointed after the lemon tree gig fiasco but glad he didnt appear at it cause no way would that of been so good. Pete is a public drug user hence all the hype. I was at a mushulu on monday to see Hal and their support act was spotted snorting cocaine in the toilets of drummonsd....so many people do it, its just that they dont do it in the public eye. i dont agree with what he does but he has talent and i like his music, the rest i really dont care about

I'd like to know what bands the people on this forum listen to, who take the time out of there day just to write negative comments about Pete Doherty or the public depiction of his drug addiction....

Alot of the arguments agains Pete are soley based appon the fact that he is a drug user, unlike The Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, Blur, Iggy Pop, The Streets, Nirvana, The Beatles, SFA, The Who, The Kinks, David Bowie, The Ramones, S Club Seven, Motley Crue, The Smiths... im beging to sound like that MYLO record...

You know what i mean.......

I think people spend far to much of there time discussing his drugged up state, and forget about the music. Its all fine to talk about his problems but at the end of the day a couple kids on a forum with some records on there shelfs arn't really going to make that much of an impact let alone a difference...

Enjoy the music....

If you'v lost your faith in love & music, then the end wont be long!!! Pete Doherty

I think people spend far to much of there time discussing his drugged up state' date=' and forget about the music. Its all fine to talk about his problems but at the end of the day a couple kids on a forum with some records on there shelfs arn't really going to make that much of an impact let alone a difference...

Enjoy the music....

If you'v lost your faith in love & music, then the end wont be long!!! Pete Doherty[/quote']

Well said! I dont give a f.....

its all about the music

Guest bluesxman
I'd like to know what bands the people on this forum listen to' date=' who take the time out of there day just to write negative comments about Pete Doherty or the public depiction of his drug addiction....

Alot of the arguments agains Pete are soley based appon the fact that he is a drug user, unlike The Sex Pistols, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Razorlight, Kasabian, Blur, Iggy Pop, The Streets, Nirvana, The Beatles, SFA, The Who, The Kinks, David Bowie, The Ramones, S Club Seven, Motley Crue, The Smiths... im beging to sound like that MYLO record...

You know what i mean.......[/quote']

No, the argument is he's a drug user whose current band are shite. The bands you listed can't be compared in terms of musical legacy to the Shambles. At least they have all released an album. Razorlight are also pish in my opinion though. I will happily admit i'm wrong if Babyshamble release a great album, but i'm not holding my breath.

No' date=' the argument is he's a drug user whose current band are shite. The bands you listed can't be compared in terms of musical legacy to the Shambles. At least they have all released an album. Razorlight are also pish in my opinion though. I will happily admit i'm wrong if Babyshamble release a great album, but i'm not holding my breath.[/quote']

eh surely the act that he is a drug addict is irrelevant. If we all had the saem taste in music life would be dull. You think his music is rubbish, fine...that has nothing to do with hi habit