aberdeen-music

Your favourite gigs of the year so far...

Steve Temple

Guest bluesxman

Juliette and the Licks @ Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

The Kills @ Lemon Tree

Sons and Daughters @ Lemon Tree

Queens Of The Stone Age, Interpol, The Subways, Eagles Of Death Metal, The Coral, The Prodigy @ TITP

Velvet Revolver @ Glasgow SECC

U2, Interpol and BRMC @ Glasgow Hampden

Still got Alabama 3, The Subways and Franz Ferdinand to go...

Juliette and the Licks @ Edinburgh Liquid Rooms

The Kills @ Lemon Tree

Sons and Daughters @ Lemon Tree

Queens Of The Stone Age' date=' Interpol, The Subways, Eagles Of Death Metal, The Coral, The Prodigy @ TITP

Velvet Revolver @ Glasgow SECC

U2, Interpol and BRMC @ Glasgow Hampden

Still got Alabama 3, The Subways and Franz Ferdinand to go...[/quote']

i never liked the kills at the lemontree, they were far too out of their faces, yeah qotsa were ace at T

Jo McCafferty Band /Lapsus Linguae/Dresden Dolls at Moshulu

Ray Wilson Live at the Lighthouse

The Bluetones and John Young at Keith Chaos Live

Julie King at Out of the Bedroom night

All of theses will be in danger of being eclipsed by the Jo McCafferty Band November gig at Moshulu and Fish in Glasgow, and Duran Duran in Glasgow.

Cheers

Stuart

Green Day & Jimmy Eat World at MK National Bowl, June - The size of the venue, the warm, sunny weather, the amount of people and the atmosphere was unbeatable. First time seeing JEW and well worth the wait. Even with the wind messing the sound a little, they put on a stormer of a set. The 3 of us dancing away to Pain, The Middle, A Praise Chorus, Just Tonight and Sweetness was magic. Green Day entertained so well. Yes, the set doesn't change much these days, but don't fix what's not broken, huh? The faces of everyone afterwards said it all. The trip down and back, Hard-Fi and Taking Back Sunday weren't so good...

The Matches at Moshulu, September - after missing a massive chunk of their set in Glasgow last April, I wasnae missing any this time round. Perfect opening band, picked their finest and my favourites and played nice and tightly.

Howards Alias, Sonic Boom Six, Grown At Home & Onion Terror at The Moorings, July - after an afternoon of football and wine, that bar was rocked hard and fast. The OT did their usual entertaining, Grown At Home produced the most energy I've ever seen, Sonic Boom Six got me to sing with them (probably not such a good thing, actually) and Howards Alias being Howards Alias was all smashing.

Feeder at The Glasgow Carling Academy, March & at Crathes Castle, August - these guys are awesome live, the mix of sets, the 2 venues and the aftermaths are high up in my year's highlights so far.

The Fudge Awards sets, Dirtbox at The Moorings and in Brechin, Adequate Seven and the 44s at Moshulu also deserve a big mention. Pretty damn good year so far :D

Converge at the Garage.

Jesu and Isis in glasgow.

27 at Studio 24.

i FUCKING HATE YOU.

Anyway, gig of the year for me was Gratitude at the Loft in Liverpool (see my spunking review elsewhere in these forums), and it's unlikely to be topped.

Ginger at the same venue was also pretty ace.

Throwdown supporting Lamb of God, mainly for the Sepultura cover...

Looking forward to The Crimea, Stuck Mojo (RAP TASTIC!), Champion over the coming weeks....

Hmm. haven't been to as many gigs as I intended at the start of the year.

Alasdair Roberts at the Tunnels was a superb night.

65 Days Of Static at the Tunnels was amazing.

Macrocosmica - SEA - Eric Euan at Drummonds was fucking ace.

Matt Elliot, Manyfingers and Thee Stranded Horse at the Tunnels was another superb night.

Idlewild at the Music Hall was great.