aberdeen-music

Everyone enjoy Femora etc at Moshulu last night?

Dan G

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did i was like "holy shit it sings"

and i was quite impressed with femora. i was expecting them to be another "my best friend's band" but they weren't and actually had some very good ideas musicwise and i never noticed any mistakes so it's all good.

this was the second time i'd seen my mind's weapon with the whole line-up and it was pretty rockin' indeed. and dan, how the fuck do you do all those like fuckin harmonic bits n shit like its all like muted chordage and then HARMONIC rad.

band of the night=point of origin. it took me a while to get used to the change in like how they sound but now i think it kicks more ass than i thought it could ever have. PoO still continue to be one of my most favourite bands to go to see and listen to in aberdeen and still remain to be very respected by me as musicians and writers. poo rock.

sorry to quik that i wasn't there (dunno if you noticed/cared) but yeah i'm sure you guys kicked some ass and did justice to the lack of appease cos as soon as you got on stage everyone forgto about em.

all in all it was a very good night.

cheers claire! I don't think anyone else noticed though.....

Well they obviously weren't paying very much attention to the music, which, to be fair, could be hard since the stage presence was pretty amazing...

Hehe, i remember being pretty unimpressed at the first gig but comparing that to last night, it's like WOW...fucking huge improvement.Rocking...

Originally posted by Stone:

Femora were the only decent band there although they should have done more on stage actions to make them less boring to watch

why were the other bands so poor? Just interested, cos I can't judge my minds weapon, I didn't catch Point but I thought quik were pretty damn good.

Originally posted by Dan Atom:

Now that were a little bit more metal I'm allowed to do them ;)

haha. They finally gave in.

I thought Weapon were awsome. Everything was spot on.

Like Leckie, I thought Femora would just be "My friend's band" but i was actually impressed. I know how nervous they were before they went on stage but it will all improve with experience.

PoO were fantastic.

femora were good...chris had an ACE guitar tone and i'm still humming sye's harmonic-intro to one of the songs.

only thing i'd say was that - as it was their first gig - they could have introduced the songs more clearly, like by name and everything.

point of origin were pretty good. i'm still not sure about the slower-tempo of things, but hopefully that'll grow on me.

quik were great. the sound was phat as fuck, vocals were a little lost, but perhaps that was from where i was standing.

all in all a great night! :D

Thanks a lot to everyone for there encouraging feedback! Personal, I think it went well. I for one, was quite nervous on stage but it was such a big turnout! I think now we've got our first gig under our belt we'll be able to make our live set stronger.

Thanks also to Jamesy! Weapon are sounding pretty rocking indeed!

There will be more "creepy rock" and hopefully a more energetic show on the 8th or March so a good crowd make it down for that one! :up:

If you didn't catch Femora go on the 8th,and anyone who hasn't heard My Minds Weapon new material catch there next gig.It will be money well spent going to see both these bands.

A good performance from Femora,like the screaming from the *thing* behind the drum-kit.

Really impressed with the whole new M.M.W,everything from stage presence to songs.

Was i the only one who saw alex. rocking out on stage,it was a first for me!

Keep it up alex. !!!

Taylor

on stage actions??? ill have to pay a visit to the school of ben then ;)

personally im not really a "go balistic" kinda person. but only time will tell. maybe a few pints before will solve that.

My thoughts,

Femora

For a first gig excellent, sludge need to work off a bit of the nerves but that's understandable for a first gig, especially on the main stage through that massive PA. Vocals unexpectedly good, and all in all a pleasant suprise

MMW

All obviously talented musicians, Dan in particular is pretty spectacular on Guitar, I liked the addition of the solo's which helps move it away from a more generic sound which I was perhaps expecting. Bens voclas were good, although in future, the front of house sound would have been better if he could avoid cupping the mic, right in front of the monitor and singing at the top of his voice. Jimmy the engineer was faced with the dilemma of either having a bit of feedback in the front of house sound or reducing Ben's vocals in the mix and making it hard to hear him. I did ask Jimmy what the soloution was and he said 'I'm an engineer not a fucking miracle worker'. BUt no matter and I did think Ben's stage presence made a difference.

POO

For me, the band of the night, but then I prefer slightly slower melodic tunes. I thought Bob's guitar was a bit brash and harsh for the tunes and could have been a bit warmer. Impressed by the vocals, and keeshers bass.

Quik

I can see the attraction for people in Quik, but I don't particularly share it. Talented musicians, work well together and have good presence on stage. For me, a bit heavy sounding, I watch them more for the show than to listen to the music.I thought the Bass was a bit harsh maybe, but then again maybe that's how it was supposed to sound. What do I know?

Rob

Originally posted by Moshulu Rob:

. Bens voclas were good, although in future, the front of house sound would have been better if he could avoid cupping the mic, right in front of the monitor and singing at the top of his voice. Jimmy the engineer was faced with the dilemma of either having a bit of feedback in the front of house sound or reducing Ben's vocals in the mix and making it hard to hear him. I did ask Jimmy what the soloution was and he said 'I'm an engineer not a fucking miracle worker'. BUt no matter and I did think Ben's stage presence made a difference.

Erm, reducing the vocals in the monitor should've worked the miracle. If the FOH was feeding back when he's behind the stacks then there's something not right.

Originally posted by Craig:

a nicely educated opinion...never having seeing them and all

what i mean is having seen all the other bands on the bill it would be a waste of money going to see bands i dont particularly enjoy seeing because they aint quite my thing, however femora are a band who i havent seen and who i'm friends with so would have been interesting to see them.. so :p