aberdeen-music

Everyone enjoy Femora etc at Moshulu last night?

Dan G

Dear mods - please don't move this thread!

This thread could possibly be in the music discussion, gig and announcement, feedback, My Minds Weapon, Point Of Origin, Quik or Henry J/Moshulu forums. That is 7 forums. I reckon no one will bother looking through all of them to start or find a thread about this. So for the benefit of everyone, if this could please bend the rules a little and stay here that would be lovely.

Anyway, for the benefit of all the bands or people who want to tell us whether they liked it or not, feel free to express here!

P.S. I did look through all mentioned forums and couldn't find anything on it, except that million year old Retract The Thorn 2 thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest highroller

...I totally did...I was very impressed for a first gig...pretty tight and there were a few people in teh crowd saying that Crocker has a pretty good voice...found teh set dragged a bit towards the end but they did a few good songs to build their set upon...its all good!

Guest highroller
Originally posted by Bradley:

If it was Drakes people would have getting turned away.

I think as it was the Sunday after the Fudge Awards and snowing that it went very well.

That teh truth Bradders

Originally posted by Ben Quik:

...I totally did...I was very impressed for a first gig...pretty tight and there were a few people in teh crowd saying that Crocker has a pretty good voice...found teh set dragged a bit towards the end but they did a few good songs to build their set upon...its all good!

cheers man. yehh there was a few simple mistakes that shouldnt of happened but it was our first gig and we will sort them out for the next gig :) fairly enjoyed myself. the second last song was our longest and also the one weve least practised so we knew that it could be dodgy but i can see why it could of dragged on :dunce:

but anyways cheers for booking us jamesy. was excellent :)

Guest Scott 5FD

i was impressed with Femora, didn't know Crocker could sing like that. to think, i could have played bass for them aswell.......

first time seeing MMW with a full line up, not my sorta thing but i thought they were good and have a great stage presence.

PoO were ace again, i'm liking them i am.

had to leave after that, buses and all. it was a good turn out considering the weather, me and Sarah were frozen by the time we got to Moshulu, but then we did have to walk form the hospital coz we missed the bus.

would like to see more gigs like this at Moshulu, i fairly enjoyed what i saw.

Big thanks to one and all

hi

cheers to everyone for the support, twas much, muchly appreciated! if all gigs are as cool as that then things will be good...

thanks again guys

ps extra thanks to the two dudes who spoke to me and sye after the gig didn't catch they're names but thanks

see y'all on march 8th at drakes

well i thought it was an awesome night all round.

femora were excellent for a first gig. like ben said, i thought it began to drag a bit because there were some pretty long songs, and there were a few little mistakes, but for a first gig, i was impressed. we were shite at our first gig. mind you. we're still shite now, but that's besides the point! anyway, i think that with a little bit of polishing and a few more gigs under the belt, they could be onto a winner.

weapon were the band of the night for me. they were the main reason i was there, having not had a chance to see them yet and i thought they were awesome. they looked like a band on stage, you could see they were having fun and the songs all contained enough to keep you interested without forgetting to rock out!

PoO were quality. it's been a long time since i've seen them but bob has clearly spent every hour since then working on his stage moves! he could maybe do to look for the volume knob on his amp and turn it in the down direction at some point and stephen was wearing the largest, whitest trousers that my eyes have ever witnessed, but apart from that, a quality set

and finally came quik. they were heavy as fuck for the most part, and sounding great. i thought ben was gonna go right throught the kit on nicotine and blairs new amp is sounding sweet (although he needs more low end on it!) nonetheless, they were excellent and brought the night to a pleasurable end.

it's all gravy and well worth getting up at 5:30 this morning to get on a train back to glasgow so that i could make it to a professional software development lecture!

spoons

X

never made it because of work, sorry.. was going to come after but found out you guys were on first so would have missed femora anyways, only band worth while seeing on that bill in my opinion. so didnt bother showing up, hope all went well and i'll make an effort to be there on the 8th!

I thought femora were decent for a first gig, can definitely only get better and had some good ideas.

I thought we (MMW) gave our best performance energy-wise, but not sure how it went down with the crowd. Fucking enjoyed it though, and I think a few people who don't want to like us because of who we are may have silently liked it.

I really wanted to catch PoO but was SO, SO, SO hungry and had to get food and missed them. Sorry guys but I was wasting away. Great chips from Henry J's though... :up:

Really enjoyed Quik, sound was fat as fuck and probably their best gig I have seen them play.

Had a great night and spent 2pm til 11pm in Moshulu so was pretty drained.

well i thought it was an awesome night all round.

femora were excellent for a first gig. like ben said, i thought it began to drag a bit because there were some pretty long songs, and there were a few little mistakes, but for a first gig, i was impressed. we were shite at our first gig. mind you. we're still shite now, but that's besides the point! anyway, i think that with a little bit of polishing and a few more gigs under the belt, they could be onto a winner.

weapon were the band of the night for me. they were the main reason i was there, having not had a chance to see them yet and i thought they were awesome. they looked like a band on stage, you could see they were having fun and the songs all contained enough to keep you interested without forgetting to rock out!

PoO were quality. it's been a long time since i've seen them but bob has clearly spent every hour since then working on his stage moves! he could maybe do to look for the volume knob on his amp and turn it in the down direction at some point and stephen was wearing the largest, whitest trousers that my eyes have ever witnessed, but apart from that, a quality set

and finally came quik. they were heavy as fuck for the most part, and sounding great. i thought ben was gonna go right throught the kit on nicotine and blairs new amp is sounding sweet (although he needs more low end on it!) nonetheless, they were excellent and brought the night to a pleasurable end.

My thoughts exactly, just put into words better than i would've.