aberdeen-music

I need a job! HEEEELP!

Guest MDP

bakers oven. although, i hated it when i worked there. it might have changed now though. the money wasn't too bad for being 16/17 (4.10 p/h from what i remember)

failing that, call centre places (space kitchens, kitchens direct, weatherseal etc) are always looking for staff. mind you, they fire them just as quick. it's good money for doing very little though. and the people generally tend to be quite nice

have you tried scummerfield yet? i imagine they'd be looking for people soon with it being christmas soon. nice and local, too.

I don't know if its still bad but I remember a few years back the jeans shop in the Trinity Centre had an appaling reputation as an employer and one afternoon all the staff walked out simultaneously. A friend of mine who's now a tv weathergirl was one of those that downed tools: who'd have thought a clothes shop could be so traumatic but that and Internacionale both have shit reputations!

For a real education try the betting shops. Although 16 might be a bit too young to work in one, nay sure.

Guest haigyman
Tesco danestone are looking for checkout staff' date=' theyhave 2 new stores opening soon, one in westhill and cant remember the other, they'l need staff for that. I'm on 5.80 an hour, but im over 18 and have bene workign there for pver a year[/quote']

you're on 5.80!? i can't believe non-foods is considered "skilled", it's the skiviest job ever.

The AECC.

they're utterly desperate all the time. I receive on average 5 emails a day requesting me to work hours.

the pays not bad, you get free food on your breaks, but you have to work really long shifts with lots of people who can barely speak english..

The AECC.

they're utterly desperate all the time. I receive on average 5 emails a day requesting me to work hours.

the pays not bad' date=' you get free food on your breaks, but you have to work really long shifts with lots of people who can barely speak english..[/quote']

How do we contact them then?

or maybe they just prefer diet coke to regular coke. I certainly do! Normal coke is rank!

I'm the same' date=' most people look at me when i ask for a diet coke, but i've been drinking it since i was 12-13.

maybe they are diabetic and need the diet coke

no the customers i'm talking about actually said they were on a diet. Had they not said it i wouldn't have questioned the logic.

How do we contact them then?

If you're willing to work a training thing on monday night for like an hour, and then a huge posh dinner thing on thursday night from 5pm-close..with a free meal and transport home...i'll just give my boss your email address and she'll sign you up and add you to the mailing list..

The AECC.

the pays not bad' date=' you get free food on your breaks, but you have to work really long shifts with lots of people who can barely speak english..[/quote']

sounds like McDonalds with all those 'imported' staff...!

Well my jobs up for grabs seeing as I just got offered another one and took them up on the offer.

It's at the westhill petrol station, 4.50 an hour although it could be less if you're only 16. Decent enough money for standing about doing nothing. You can choose between the saturday or the sunday shift or have them both if you want.

But like I've not handed in my resignation yet so um don't ask them.

PM me for details anyone wanting it! Worth I try I guess.

If you're willing to work a training thing on monday night for like an hour' date=' and then a huge posh dinner thing on thursday night from 5pm-close..with a free meal and transport home...i'll just give my boss your email address and she'll sign you up and add you to the mailing list..[/quote']

I already emailed her. But it might help if you asked instead. I probably made NO sense in the email..